Code of Conduct

Red face Vintage Hammam Bouquet?

Is this a bottle of vintage Hammam Bouquet? If so, any idea of the age. I would suspect it is not as old as the original extract. I do not own this bottle--at least yet.

$T2eC16Z,!)cE9s4Pud2LBRMq4iCyI!~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqV,!hEFEWh9dZjwBRMq4-mKew~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16J,!zcE9s4g0ufFBRMq4!BU!w~~60_57.jpg

Default Re: Vintage Hammam Bouquet?

Looks pretty old to me!

It does not have the Prince of Wales feathers as in appointed by, just the Duke of Edinburgh, he got that title in the 1950s, but it does not look that old.

I am going to say at a guess 1970s or 1980s.
    DONNA

It looks very similar to the current/last ten years bottle to me. Am I missing something?
    What's the stopper made of!

I'd go with late 70s/early 80s, but yes, what's the stopper made out of?

Is there an ingredient list? As I say it looks like my bottle which is less than 10 years old.
    Is there a reason people think it looks older?

I used to wear this in the 90s, and it looked different. My guess is that it's fairly modern, maybe within the last ten years. Why don't you email Penhaligon's and ask? They have an archive of old packaging and could easily date it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    Is this a bottle of vintage Hammam Bouquet? If so, any idea of the age. I would suspect it is not as old as the original extract. I do not own this bottle--at least yet.

$T2eC16Z,!)cE9s4Pud2LBRMq4iCyI!~~60_57.jpg$(KGrHqV,!hEFEWh9dZjwBRMq4-mKew~~60_57.jpg$T2eC16J,!zcE9s4g0ufFBRMq4!BU!w~~60_57.jpg

Hello, it is possible for you to make a photo of the back of the box?

On the other hand, a fragrance of Penhaligon's produced with same fragrance formula from date of launch - and just a changing outfit of box and flacon during the decades, isn't a real "vintage fragrance"!

But your flacon shown here, is a real occasion for collectors.

Really are Vintages perfumes, which are no longer being manufactured
    My 10 August favorites (houses alphabetical)

Asprey Purple Water
    Balenciaga L'Essence
    Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna
    Dunhill Custom
    Gainsboro G-man
    George F. Trumper Marlborough Cologne
    Givenchy Vetyver
    Lalique White
    Penhaligon's Racquets formula
    Rodier Pour Homme

I would say late 80s. In the 90s it didn't have appointment by at the top.

That type of bottle was only introduced when Sheila Pickles acquired the company, prior to that, the bottle was quite plain. In the late 70s/ early 80s, the bottles came with a ground glass stopper that could be removed and replaced with a plastic sprinkle attachment with a little screw top. Sprays were not available at that time.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

All the sides of box except the front are completely blank. The bottom only says "100ml made in England." The label is much different than the current one is the main difference to me. I will try Pens and see what they think. This bottle type is similar to my vintage Esprit de Lavande from the 1980s. My Lavande does have the ground glass stopper with attachment!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I would say late 80s. In the 90s it didn't have appointment by at the top.

That type of bottle was only introduced when Sheila Pickles acquired the company, prior to that, the bottle was quite plain. In the late 70s/ early 80s, the bottles came with a ground glass stopper that could be removed and replaced with a plastic sprinkle attachment with a little screw top. Sprays were not available at that time.
    Prince Barry,

Could you elaborate (if you know) what the differences are between that formulation and the current? Is it anywhere near the Extract?

The extract was so much richer and warmer smelling with none of the astringent 'tang' that came with the edt.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Barry is the man. Great to see you here sharing your knowledge.
    I would cut my foot off for a few ml of that extrait,,,

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Barry is the man. Great to see you here sharing your knowledge.
    I would cut my foot off for a few ml of that extrait,,,
    Thanks Hirch
    I would love to smell the extract again too.

Roja Dove