Code of Conduct

Default a Taste of Heaven

I make it a point to try this every three or four months on a day where I feel liberated & willing to explore.

I am consistently left with a deep sense of disappointment. Its underwhelming.

It needed more lab time.

How does everyone else feel about it?

for swap/sale:

Default Re: a Taste of Heaven

I really enjoy it...for the most part.

I went through a period where I was wearing it about 3 times a week.

However, I think it needs a little more delicacy in its structure to really take it to the next level. It's a very persistent, mostly linear fragrance, without too many nuances or very much subtlety, and in the long run that can make it tiring and overbearing at times.

Having not worn it for months I put it on the other day and it was still 'too soon.'

But the ingredients are of a very good quality, and despite the lack of delicacy, I think its a good composition of notes. The lavender is lively and bright, the vanilla is smooth, and the wormwood just strong enough to add an edge without ruining the comfortability of the scent.

Versus Caron Pour Un Homme, I'd take ATOH any day. They're very similar, but the quality of ingredients and strength of ATOH is much better.

Happy to own it. Recommend a light to moderate application. And hope it's not too long before I can wear it again.

I love the first hour or so, exceptional twist of the absinthe / wormwood + lavender, and for as long as that illusion is sutained it's a joy . . . but . . . after a while the particular synth lavender employed here takes over and lasts, and lasts, and lasts.

It has exactly the same problem as Tobacco Vanille - a once in a lifetime million dollar opening followed by a single, relentless, neverending, mindnumbingly boring one liner. Well, the lavender in TOH isn't as pedestrian as the vanilla in TV, I'll give it that much.

I'm sure the longevity rules guys love this approach but I agree that it could have been handled better - sometimes knowing when to leave is an asset if you want to be invited again

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I love the first hour or so, exceptional twist of the absinthe / wormwood + lavender, and for as long as that illusion is sutained it's a joy . . . but . . . after a while the particular synth lavender emplyed here takes over and lasts, and lasts, and lasts.

It's the same problem as Tobacco Vanille - million dollar opening followed by a single, relentless, neverending, mindnumbingly strong one liner.

I'm the longevity rules guys love these but I agree that it could have been handled better - sometimes knowing when to leave is an asset if you want to be invited again

That's an excellent comparison you made to TV, and also my issue with both.

To me this is one of the best vanilla / lavender combo...That said, I kinda agree to your statement on "underwhelming". Of the Kilian's I own, if asked to choose, this will be my last pick, but I am not sure exactly what's the reason for this!!! As with most Kilian's, this does have grt projection / longevity.

Although I don't own it, I have tried it on several occasions and enjoy it.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

I own it and I really like the 1st couple of hours, but then it turn to something not quit impressive.

On the other's hands, most of my friends like it dry down.

Many people compare AToH to Caron pour Homme, I prefer By Kilian over Caron --twist from Absinth gives this scent an interesting edge.

The quality of ingredients are better, but it is really lack of originality.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Why So Serious?

I'm in the minority on this because this is my favorite from Kilian so far. Like others I really enjoy the absinthe opening. But i'm also a fan of the drydown with its lavender and incense smell. Huge dose of lavender in this frag, one of my favorite notes and it's done very well in this frag. And it's a bonus that this fragrance has atomic strength, absolutely phenomenal lasting power.

9/10
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I'm in the minority on this because this is my favorite from Kilian so far. Like others I really enjoy the absinthe opening. But i'm also a fan of the drydown with its lavender and incense smell. Huge dose of lavender in this frag, one of my favorite notes and it's done very well in this frag. And it's a bonus that this fragrance has atomic strength, absolutely phenomenal lasting power.

9/10
    I too enjoy ATOH. It's one of my favorite Kilians, along with Back to Black and Rose Oud. I get a nice burnt sugar vibe and it's enjoyable to wear.

Basenotes Plus

100% in agreement with Mr R. Imo the first hour totally make up for the next 10...

Dependent

I like that high quality vanilla and musk in the drydown -- very good feminine for that.

I don't like absynthe notes. I once bought a bottle of absynthe and had to give it away as a gift. Argh.