Code of Conduct

Exclamation If there's no stamp of "creed" on the atomizer cap is the fragrence fake?

atomizer cap.jpgatomizer top.jpgcap removed.jpgHey I'm new to the forums here. I have tried to search diligently for my concern and cant seem to find any help on my specific issue. I recently picked up a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed batch no. A3211NO1 and I have some concerns. The box, the bottle the scent all seem more or less legitimate but the atomizer doesn't have anything written on it. It is just a simple black metal atomizer cap, on top of that there's no ring that I keep reading about which tells me the fragrance is fake. Is it though? I can post pictures if that helps. Given where I purchased it, at a flea market for way undervalue, It would make me skeptical however the seller didn't seem to be knowledgeable about what he had it seemed he just sold fragrances under remarkably low prices.

My question is has anyone else seen a creed without the logo imprinted on the atomizer cap?

Any help would be much appreciated.

- Josh.

Default Re: If there's no stamp of "creed" on the atomizer cap is the fragrence fake?

likely fake. there are youtubes showing how fake creeds are out there.
    i bought creed at flea market type thing years before basenotes - figured must be legit since who even knows creed? well it was fake.

Default Re: If there's no stamp of "creed" on the atomizer cap is the fragrence fake?

That would definitely raise an eyebrow.

See it's weird because I know these are boosted, like from some legitimate store, well I'm fairly certain. So either the store is selling fakes or ...I don't know really. But the scent is good. That's what makes no sense. And if the seller I aquired from knew it was fake and what it was why wasn't it more expensive than the rest of the frags he was selling? That's another part. Plus he had miliseme impirial which did have a proper cap. So I don't know./ Not to mention he had tons of other things mostly designer that were obviously real.

Basenotes Junkie

How much is "undervalue"? If this guy sells frags for a living, flea market or not, he knows what Creed is. My guess is fake. How is the longevity? Closer pics of the actual bottle and cap might help someone out there be able to identify it as fake or real?

Yeah, that's a little suspect.

It's a real pitty that a great Brand fragrances are copied and fake ones are sold as authentic so vastly.
    This makes me somewhat paranoid besides the batch variation problem, about buying Creed scents in any way other than direct purchase from the authentic seller...

Hey bro, I did a vid on this recently, check it out. I'd have to say, based on what you've said, that your bottle is fake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwUG1FHZPZ4

Basenotes Plus

Grab a microscope and spray some on a slide. If the molecules have the Creed coat of arms, it might be authentic if the batch number is also there.

Or it could just be that the person selling it replaced the sprayer cap.

After buying a couple of fake bottles on accident (deal to good to be true? Then it is...) I started researching this topic. There are hundreds of threads on this, and some good videos too (watch the one's above). Once I got a real Creed bottle, the difference in quality and detail was obvious. The contrasting (usually white) ring under the sprayer cap is unlikely to be faked, and the sprayers atomize a considerable volume of juice--more than any other sprayer I've encountered. I guess what I'm saying is, once you have a real bottle for comparison, the difference is obvious. Also, look at the bottom of the bottle: is France spelled "FRANOE"? Probably fake if it is

Does it smell Royal?

Buy from legitimate (authorized) sellers or you will always wonder what that is you are putting on your skin. IMO its not worth it to save a few bucks. I would rather know I had the real Cool Water than a possibly faked GIT (in which case... what exactly is in the bottle if its not the real stuff?). You will not see any "Is my Creed ___ fake" threads from people who purchase from the Creed Boutique. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Buy from legitimate (authorized) sellers or you will always wonder what that is you are putting on your skin. IMO its not worth it to save a few bucks. I would rather know I had the real Cool Water than a possibly faked GIT (in which case... what exactly is in the bottle if its not the real stuff?). You will not see any "Is my Creed ___ fake" threads from people who purchase from the Creed Boutique. Just sayin.
    Well said

Basenotes Plus

So what if it really is a fake? It's not like you paid full retail price for it.

And I don't know what it is about the legions of Creed 'fans' who go out of their way to look for cheap Creeds. That's just like saying Creed fragrance isn't worth the sticker price...in which case they should consider looking at other houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    So what if it really is a fake? It's not like you paid full retail price for it.

And I don't know what it is about the legions of Creed 'fans' who go out of their way to look for cheap Creeds. That's just like saying Creed fragrance isn't worth the sticker price...in which case they should consider looking at other houses.
    The sticker price on most niche just isn't justified. Proven online discounters don't sell fakes either, so I'll take the hundred dollar bottles any day of the week over the $300 ones. I rarely buy any fragrance at the sticker price, and I have never bought a single fake. Research prevents such a thing from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    The sticker price on most niche just isn't justified. Proven online discounters don't sell fakes either, so I'll take the hundred dollar bottles any day of the week over the $300 ones. I rarely buy any fragrance at the sticker price, and I have never bought a single fake. Research prevents such a thing from happening.
    This. I agree with jamwires. I don't think the choice is either risk a fake or pay sticker price. I think if you do your due diligence you can make an educated purchase of a legit bottle and still save a lot of money. For example, I've gotten all of my Creed bottles from Fragrancenet and they've never sold me a fake.

In fact, just recently someone mentioned receiving a 2010 batch of GIT from the Creed Boutique. I think that's messed up considering the batch I got from Fragrancenet was only a year old. No way would I pay a couple hundred dollars more for the same exact product, and possibly an older batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Price is only part of the equation. Buying a fake can also expose you to harsh chemicals that can be harmful to your skin and your health. They aren't bottled under regulated sanitary conditions like real fragrances. Urine and toxic chemicals are commonly found in fakes that have been seized in police raids.

Dependent

100% fake

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    100% fake
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

flea market = fake

you know what they say...