Code of Conduct

Default Coat Color (not suit coat)

I'm pretty much set with my coats--I have a sporty windbreaker for casual-sporty-type events...an unlined peacoat for fall...a casual winter coat...and a formal overcoat. I bought all of them when I wasn't that interested in fashion--more with what looked good on me. I look good in black, so ALL of my coats are black (except the windbreaker).

As I'm tight on money, and don't want a massive coat collection, what do I do when I'm wearing khaki/brown or navy pants? Are my coats okay because they're coats, or do I need to look for different colors?

Would one gray coat work? Wouldn't a gray coat go with khaki/brown, navy, AND black?
    Last edited by Teach13; 8th April 2013 at 01:33 AM.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie

Default Re: Coat Color (not suit coat)

Do you own a formal navy blue overcoat which would work with the colors you mention?

Black coats are good with anything, so I don't see the need for additional coats if you don't want to buy them. In general, I wouldn't worry about matching coats and trousers - anything goes, you're supposed to remove them anyway when you're inside.

cacio

1 each of black, blue & gray will cover everything...

Apart from black, navy and gray (dark gray or otherwise) are indeed the most versatile yet stylish choices, easy to accesorize and hardly ever or never becoming unfashionable.

Great!! This is what I THOUGHT, but I'm usually wrong about this stuff

Thanks!!
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"When you're all alone, when no one is watching, and there's no one around to impress, that is who you are" - Greg Laurie