Code of Conduct

Default bottles you've broken?

i just broke my second fragrance bottle. my first was gucci by gucci sport. didnt really care as the fragrance had no longevity or projection whatsoever. right now i just dropped bleu de chanel. its a nice fragrance but nothing special. good thing it wasn't one of my creeds or i would have lost it
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

Default Re: bottles you've broken?

Neither seems a serious loss. I once dropped a big bottle of Amouage Gold Man on the sidewalk, but, happily, the bottle is so sturdy that it didn't break. More seriously, I once did intentionally break a vintage bottle of Diorama (the thing didn't work and I wanted to get the juice out), without realizing the consequences of trying to pry open an old pressurized atomizer. I managed to save only 10ml or so.

When talking about breaking perfume bottles, I always like to cite a scene in an old French movie called Belle de jour, in which Catherine Deneuve accidentally drops a big bottle of Mitsouko on the floor. Bad things follow. But neither Gucci nor Bleu seem substantial enough for the purpose.

cacio

I dropped a brand new bottle of GIT. I cried for days.
    John aka Easykiller

Quote Originally Posted by easykiller View Post
    This made me laugh until I thought about what my reaction would be if I dropped my 4 Voleurs.....

New jug of Hugo boss a few years ago. My then 3yr old son grabbed it off countertop and dropped onto tile floor. Bathroom stank for a day +

Last summer, I dropped a new 4oz bottle of Millesime Imperial
    (retail from Neiman Marcus) on the bathroom floor of my hotel.
    It was my birthday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    When talking about breaking perfume bottles, I always like to cite a scene in an old French movie called Belle de jour, in which Catherine Deneuve accidentally drops a big bottle of Mitsouko on the floor. Bad things follow. But neither Gucci nor Bleu seem substantial enough for the purpose.

cacio
    Bunuel is one of my favorite film directors.
    I only watched Belle de Jour once and didn't
    yet know Guerlain. I must see it again!

I once dropped a nearly full tester bottle of Aramis 900 in a Department Store.

Didn't cost me anything, but the public embarassment was plenty

Banned
    Blog Entries

I've dropped a few bottles. None shattered, but they were visibly scratched. It hurts the aesthetic though.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

cacio
    Nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by easykiller View Post
    Well you are a strong man!!! I heard of guys crying for weeks when they dropped a bottle of Jordan Legend...

I've had my share of breaks over the years. Immediately replaced what I broke regardless of cost.

My dad has told me several times the story that how I broke his brand new bought large 500ml flacon of Aramis in London! (I don't know which version was, but maybe 900)
    When I was just 1.5 years old I grabbed it on his desk and fell on the floor in the hotel room! He says we changed the room, but believe that everytime they passed that room door they could easily smell the scent!!!
    And he says there he knew that I love perfumes!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    My dad has told me several times the story that how I broke his brand new bought large 500ml flacon of Aramis in London! (I don't know which version was, but maybe 900)
    When I was just 1.5 years old I grabbed it on his desk and fell on the floor in the hotel room! He says we changed the room, but believe that everytime they passed that room door they could easily smell the scent!!!
    And he says there he knew that I love perfumes!!!!!!
    Do you mind me asking why your father had a 500ml bottle of Aramis in his hotel room?

Only unintentionally dropped a tester bottle of L'Eau par Kenzo pour Homme, while too frantically and too hastily testing in a fragrance store.

When I was 14 y/o I dropped a bottle of perfume on the floor and it broke into a thousand pieces. It was a cheap, brazilian perfume, but I shed a tear that day.

Never had the displeasure of dropping or breaking a bottle, and I hope and knock on wood that it never happens.

I dropped my Body Kouros. Had too much in my hands coming out of my car...bottle was 90% full. My front doorstop smelt great for a day though lol

I dropped a mega-sized sample of Bond No. 9 Brooklyn on the floor of my bathroom once.

It was a freebie from Bond No. 9, so unlike buying a 4 oz bottle of Creed from Neiman Marcus at full retail, there was no financial loss involved. I did like the scent, though
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Dropped and broke a bottle of Francesco Smalto Pour Homme - apart from that I've been lucky so far.

Years ago i took my D&G pour homme to work, went to the toilet, sprayed it and dropped it on the tiled floor lol. Smashed everywhere and stunk it out. I didn't even know how to react lol.

My bottle of Lolita Lempicka rolled off the shelf and fell about 4 feet onto the floor a couple of years ago. The bottle survived but the sprayer, which is the stalk on the apple shaped bottle, broke off leaving me unable to spray it. Getting it out of the bottle necessitated getting the top off the bottle and unfortunately trying to get the top off with a pair of pliers did break the bottle, but I had a funnel and atomiser standing by, so although it went all over me and I consequently reeked of it for a couple of days, I did manage to save about 30ml of a 50ml bottle.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Those bottles Dior use for their Poison range must be thick and strong as hell because I dropped one from about 5 feet onto a marble floor in a store and it bounced probably 10 times and created a hell of a racket but it didn't break lol

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Do you mind me asking why your father had a 500ml bottle of Aramis in his hotel room?
    Because he had ran through a small bottle and just had purhased that large flacon there in London to take it with him to our hometown...
    Then after breaking that large one he just bought a 100 or maybe 110ml bottle again!!!

Dropped and broke a bottle of Carolina Herrera Aqua years ago. No problem, it's not expensive. wwhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Because he had ran through a small bottle and just had purhased that large flacon there in London to take it with him to our hometown...
    Then after breaking that large one he just bought a 100 or maybe 110ml bottle again!!!
    Makes sense... Initialy I had the thought that he brought the bottle with him from home because he couldn't separate from it...

Broke a bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur aftershave balm a few months ago.

I dropped a Gucci by Gucci pour Homme bottle onto concrete outside Galway airport once. Those bottles are pretty robust though, it merely chipped the bottom slightly.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

A vintage Amarige de Givenchy, parfum, 'cause I fiddled with my frags drunk.
    If you know Amarige, you can imagine how my apartment reeked for weeks!

HM, Seduction in Black, Cuir de Russie (big sample. Most regrettable). Spilled a Rien sample (most annoying..it does have some lasting power).

Only bottle I ever broke, well not really broke.. but lost all the juice inside was Emporio Armani He. I had a 1.7 oz bottle. Got curious w/ it one day and opened up the bottom of it. Didn't think it would be "unplugging" it. Nonetheless, the juice just dropped straight down, and I was left "He-less". Not a major loss though.. decent fragrance, but nothing to write home about.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Basenotes Member

Dropped a 100 ml bottle of Terre D'Hermes into my bag when i was getting ready to do something. The silver plate at the top (around the sprayer) broke off and all the juice melted my exes painted floor. Theres still 25 ml left in the bottle but the sprayer doesn't work anymore. Quite funny thinking back on it.

Hi,

In 1991 my girlfriend broke my Versus Uomo by Versace!!

She was jealous...

Discontinued, they had just pulled Estee Lauder Private Collection from the store shelves. That holiday season, our uncle bought us each an Estee Lauder Perfume Legends perfume in the rare, quarter ounce size with the book, and my perfume legend was Private Collection. I immediately broke it by pressuring the glass stopper out of the bottle. The perfume still resides, but in a little glass cat bottle where I transferred it.

Bvlgari PH Extreme chipped in my bag and about 30ml leaked out. I didn't notice until a significant amount speened into my trousers and I felt a cold sensation on my thigh. I saved about 30ml and I've still got it at work. I use it as an air freshener. Still smells great despite being exposed to heat and light.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M