Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Interlude's EPIC longevity!!!

Just wanted to share this, as I am truly surprised. I applied Interlude on my forehand last night at around maybe 11 pm - midnight. It is about 4:45 pm the next day, and I can still smell it on my hand (didn't shower tho...I was rushing this morning). That is 16:45 hrs later! The longevity on this stuff is EPIC!!! This is beyond edp strength! This stuff is like an actual attar oil at this point!

Have any of you gotten similar results from Interlude or any other fragrance for that matter?
    Last edited by Larwiz; 11th April 2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typos

Default Re: Amouage Interlude's EPIC longevity!!!

When I tried it I had better than average longevity.

Why So Serious?
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's definitely in the top 5 in terms of longevity. Funny since you mentioned, I was wearing this a few weeks ago (2 sprays), applied it at 8am in the morning and went to work, then came home at 6pm in the evening, my wife said my cologne was very strong and i needed to wash it off, go figure, ha.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Post Thanks / Like

From the sample I had the longevity was pretty good. I ordered a 100ml bottle of Interlude Man Friday.

Really want to try this one. Ironically enough, Amouage Epic Man only has Interlude longevity. Bad joke, sorry.

Excluding their attars, these 2 Amouage's have the greatest longevity IMO...

Post Thanks / Like

I was wearing Interlude a few days back and had stopped by a friends house. I was just over there an hour ago, and I was sitting in the same place I was sitting a few days back and I guess some of it rubbed off my arm onto the arm of the couch 'cause I could strongly smell Interlude. From about four days ago. That's crazy.

I'm wearing Interlude Man today. This stuff is crazy strong and easily lasts 18+ hours. I bought a 2 ml sample from Parfums Raffy. Because Interlude is so strong, 2 sprays from that tiny sample are more than enough. I actually spray the stuff as far away from my body as I can, aiming the mist at my chest and my upper back. And I easily get 18+ hours of longevity from that. I find that the lighter the application, the better Interlude Man smells, and I mean that in a good way. I really enjoy it.

A 100ml bottle of this stuff should last someone ages.
    Anybody want to get rid of H.O.T. Always? Andy Warhol? I've got vintage M7 & others in my swap list here.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Really want to try this one. Ironically enough, Amouage Epic Man only has Interlude longevity. Bad joke, sorry.
    LOL! That's actually pretty funny. I totally forgot that Amouage had a fragrance named "Epic".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    I was wearing Interlude a few days back and had stopped by a friends house. I was just over there an hour ago, and I was sitting in the same place I was sitting a few days back and I guess some of it rubbed off my arm onto the arm of the couch 'cause I could strongly smell Interlude. From about four days ago. That's crazy.
    Unbelievable. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I'm wearing Interlude Man today. This stuff is crazy strong and easily lasts 18+ hours. I bought a 2 ml sample from Parfums Raffy. Because Interlude is so strong, 2 sprays from that tiny sample are more than enough. I actually spray the stuff as far away from my body as I can, aiming the mist at my chest and my upper back. And I easily get 18+ hours of longevity from that. I find that the lighter the application, the better Interlude Man smells, and I mean that in a good way. I really enjoy it.

A 100ml bottle of this stuff should last someone ages.
    I have the 2 ml samples as well. Bought 5 of them. And ur right: it's probably best to go easier on the trigger for this one. I could see this being a bit cloying if overapplied...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Interlude Man today - 2 sprays ; huge ,heavenly bubble scent wraps me for the last 6 hours ... and it doesnt seem to fade away.

Just amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

I WISH all fragrances had this longevity. Interlude IS the real deal. Unfortunately for myself I find it hard to pull off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    I WISH all fragrances had this longevity.
    nice dream, but I don't find monstrous longevity always better! Sometimes we need more diversity and options to select and wear other ones...
    I think 6-7 hours longevity with 4 hours moderate projection works best for me.
    What others think I just wanna know...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    nice dream, but I don't find monstrous longevity always better! Sometimes we need more diversity and options to select and wear other ones...
    Yes, sometimes I need a short-lasting sporty frag after the gym before I am putting the fragrance for the evening when going out. Interlude, however, has an amazing longevity even on me - on my skin scents tend last only a short while in most cases.

It has fearsome longevity and sillage -- I spray down accordingly when I wear. I have grown to love this baby.

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    In a perfect world, I want 12 hours. 8 is a minimum. If I don't get at least 7 hours when testing a scent, I'm not going to buy it. But that's just me.

Interlude is actually too strong for my taste. I wore it yesterday. Like I said, I have a 2ml sample, which means it's a weak little sprayer. I sprayed my chest once and upper back once, then I waited for it to dry before putting on a t-shirt. When I woke up this morning and reached for yesterday's t-shirt, I got hit with what felt like 6 sprays of Interlude Man still on the T-shirt, and it'll be on the button down I wore yesterday for at least a week. I've never experienced that sort of strength from any scent before - not even from an Amouage. This stuff lifts off skin and it sticks to whatever it comes in contact with. It does smell fantastic though, and a sample goes a long long way.
    Anybody want to get rid of H.O.T. Always? Andy Warhol? I've got vintage M7 & others in my swap list here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    In a perfect world, I want 12 hours. 8 is a minimum. If I don't get at least 7 hours when testing a scent, I'm not going to buy it. But that's just me.

Interlude is actually too strong for my taste. I wore it yesterday. Like I said, I have a 2ml sample, which means it's a weak little sprayer. I sprayed my chest once and upper back once, then I waited for it to dry before putting on a t-shirt. When I woke up this morning and reached for yesterday's t-shirt, I got hit with what felt like 6 sprays of Interlude Man still on the T-shirt, and it'll be on the button down I wore yesterday for at least a week. I've never experienced that sort of strength from any scent before - not even from an Amouage. This stuff lifts off skin and it sticks to whatever it comes in contact with. It does smell fantastic though, and a sample goes a long long way.
    Yep, I find that if it gets on clothes, the longevity is TOO wild. I love me some long lasting fragrances, but on my skin, not so much on my clothes...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

This is one I'm going to have to apply with half the sprays as my other fragrances. I'm thinking 3 sprays max, neck, wrist (and the share with the other wrist), and chest. That's it. No inner elbows, no beard sprays, as I usually do, in addition to the others I named...

Three sprays is 2 two many Larwiz!

If anyone ever actually finishes a 100ml bottle of Interlude by themselves (without decanting or otherwise ridding themselves of any of it), they deserve to have their picture taken and put on the wall at the perfume hall of fame. And maybe a t-shirt too, signed by Pierre Negrin and Christopher Chong.

That, or they should be locked up.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

If anyone ever actually finishes a 100ml bottle of Interlude by themselves (without decanting or otherwise ridding themselves of any of it), they deserve to have their picture taken and put on the wall at the perfume hall of fame. And maybe a t-shirt too, signed by Pierre Negrin and Christopher Chong.

LOL! Hilarious! Sculpture, this actually may be a fragrance that only requires 1 spray. But I'm so use to all the bases (application spots) being covered, it would be hard to only do 1 spray. MAAAAAYBE I'll do 2 sprays, minimum, probably neck and chest or neck and wrist. We'll see...

Just once, for the hell of it, do like 10 or 15 sprays.

- - - Updated - - -

Better yet, make that the losing terms for some bet with a friend. They lose and they have to wear 15 sprays of Interlude out on the town.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Lol! Sculpture, unfortunately, I don't have enough Interlude to just waste like that. I bought 5 2ml vials, gave away one, and am now down to 4. That should last me quite some time tho, because I only bring it out for formal occassions, like church, or black-tie events, the latter I seldom even attend. And I have others to chose from for these occassions {like my...OUR beloved Reflection ;-)}, so my samples should last me for quite some time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm patiently waiting for my 100ml bottle of Interlude Man. I was notified it's on backorder so hopefully within the next week I'll have it. It seems like Interlude Man is not as widely available as other in the men's line.

Rev, I sure hope you got it from Parfumraffy. They have a basenotes coupon that'll get you 10-15% off. That's where I got Reflection and my Interlude samples...

Post Thanks / Like

I love this fragrances but it is pretty hard to wear. It has beastly longevity and projection on my skin. I love this one!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Noir De Noir
    3. Musc Ravageur
    4. Bois D'Argent
    5. Aoud 1
    6. Aventus
    7. Ore
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Tobacco Vanille
    10.Ambre 114

So MJM, maybe that current top ten needs to be ammended? :-) I should put one in my signature/avatar as well...

I don't like Interlude Man - at all. But, it sure does last f o r e v e r...

Doug, if you don't like Interlude Man, you gotta go man. lol Kidding. Man...I really didn't have high hopes for Interlude as I anticipated a sample, but once I got it and tried it, I was smitten. I mean, it has EXCELLENT projection, sillage, etc, and every phase of it is just on point! This is what Musc Ravajeur, Pure Distance M, LDDM, and many of those other orientals wish they could hop into a cocoon and transform into. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Rev, I sure hope you got it from Parfumraffy. They have a basenotes coupon that'll get you 10-15% off. That's where I got Reflection and my Interlude samples...
    Last time I ordered through ParfumsRaffy the coupon was only 5%. I was able to get a discount through the place I ordered from.

I still need to sample the library collection.

Nah, it's definetely more than 5%. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere between 10% - 15%.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I tried only one of the opus'. It was okay, but too spicy. I think Interlude is that particular Opus that I tried, perfected.

Post Thanks / Like

I sprayed this once every week on a canvas watchband for the first month I had Interlude Man, and haven't sprayed in about a month. The base is still there, and not weakly......it radiates a good 8"

Insane longevity and development. On clothing, it literally keeps developing for a month or more.

I like this frag, but I wish someone would have given me a heads up. I put on a generous sample and had to roll down the windows. When I got to the restaurant, I b lined to the bathroom to scrub some off. It was that strong. I didn't want to ruin anyone's meal with it. And considering everyone around here wears aqua fume, it would have had them weary. Even after a scrub, it was kill. I still like, but juby is my fave.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

I find that Amouage Interlude, Epic, Jubilation and Montale Black Oud are a category of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Insane longevity and development. On clothing, it literally keeps developing for a month or more.
    I wish Interlude Man developed faster on skin. I never imaged ever wanting that from a scent, but this stuff lasts so long and evolves so slowly (and marvelously) that it takes forever to get to the base, which is fantastic. I'm doing a load of laundry this morning. I tossed in a shirt I wore over a week ago with Interlude Man and - oh my god - it smelled AMAZING.

Where can I sample VII? Luckyscent haven't got a sampling option (something I'm noticing more and more, unfortunately).

Post Thanks / Like

Just received my 100ml bottle of Interlude Man. Not so sure if it'll be good for hot humid weather but I'll find out with summer approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

I've been locked up for quite a few months now....and used Parfums de Marly / Herod during this period. Today I was declared cured when I bought my second 100ml Interlude.Can't resist this stuff:-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Niiiice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Please would love to know more about this coupon!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

EPIC longevity indeed. On clothes the longevity is ridiculous. I am talking a shirt that I hung up after a 4 hour wear still had Interlude Man on it, detected upon entering the closet.....9 days later!!
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    Amouage Interlude Man
    Pure Distance M
    Creed Royal Oud
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Absolue Pour le Soir
    MDCI Chypre Palatin
    MDCI Invasion Barbare
    Ronia J Oud Assam
    Goti Smoke Essenze

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in ten years...