Code of Conduct

Default Fracas!! And Courtney Love

Hi all! This is m very first post on Basenotes and I'm not sure I've picked the right subforum, but I can't think where else to post this:

Courtney Love was interviewed by the beauty/makeup website "Into the Gloss," and she says in the interview that her favorite perfume is Fracas. (And she loves Kilian and Amouage fragrances too.)

Check it out:

http://intothegloss.com/2013/04/courtney-love/

You can see the Fracas bottle in the photos. (Also Kilian.)

I just thought that was so interesting, so see Fracas so randomly on any site, but with Courtney Love, of all people! I thought you'd get a kick out of the interview.

I just love Fracas. I haven't tried any of the other perfumes listed in the interview, but Fracas is so fun.
    Last edited by willaFriend; 8th April 2013 at 11:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fracas!! And Courtney Love

Nice link. So after Madonna, another rock star goes for the excellent Fracas. Good taste in perfume anyway, the ones she mentions are excellent. Perhaps she still has the prereformulation Amouages. Or perhaps she uses the current insipid Homage for the gym.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Basenotes, WillaFriend!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, willaFriend. What a great first post. You're going to love it here on basenotes.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Post Thanks / Like

She's got some on that table that she doesn't mention either. She has a L'Artisan and a Frederic Malle. I can't pick out exactly which, but looks like she has good taste. She mentions the Amouage, Kilian and Fracas.

Welcome to BN!

Fracas is vulgar, tenacious and loud. I suspect she wears it to cover up body odour because she doesn't wash often. I love Fracas, but dislike it when its used to mask the unwashed.

Looking at her dressing table, I feel sorry for those perfumes. You can tell the dresser has been quickly cleaned up for the photo, look how grubby some of the bottles are and where dust has collected over everything.

Fracas is a masterpiece. I love it!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    So after Madonna, another rock star goes for the excellent Fracas.
    Maybe that one instance a few years ago where Courtney threw her compact at Madonna was merely an attempt to return borrowed makeup, in which case she could've also very well have gotten Fracas from her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEsQHenUdo8

treeman5823

Welcome! Fracas is great. Also try Bandit and Baghari from Robert Piguet.

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    Welcome to BN!

Fracas is vulgar, tenacious and loud. I suspect she wears it to cover up body odour because she doesn't wash often. I love Fracas, but dislike it when its used to mask the unwashed.

Looking at her dressing table, I feel sorry for those perfumes. You can tell the dresser has been quickly cleaned up for the photo, look how grubby some of the bottles are and where dust has collected over everything.
    Ah, I hadn't heard any unsubstantiated negativity in a while. How refreshing! Not a fan?

So the two L'Artisan fragrances with yellow labels that come to mind are Mimosa pour Moi and Safran Troublant. The former seems more likely to me based on her other preferences.

Post Thanks / Like

That is definitely a "working" dresser table.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember an interview back in the 90's in which she stated she had long worn Fracas, even then. She said that even when she was on food stamps, she always scrounged up enough to buy her Fracas. Not one of my favorite celebrities by any means but that has always stuck with me. Even though I never had it that tough, I had to scrimp and save for a few smellies myself in those days.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'eaulita View Post
    Welcome to BN!

How would you know she doesn't bathe? And there isn't anything vulgar about Fracas.

- - - Updated - - -

What surprises me about Fracas is that it is not the most expensive fragrance out there, in fact, it is quite accessible, and people with money to burn like Courtney and Madonna prefer it over fragrances that cost 300 dollars like Amouage and Creed and many others. I'm sure they've been exposed to those fragrances and like Courtney said, have always returned to Fracas. Madonna has also said she has tried many other perfumes but also returns to Fracas.

I guess to me that shows not only that it's a masterpiece scent, but also that the best scent doesn't have to cost 300 dollars a bottle, and that luxury can be accessible. Even Madonna's Truth Or Dare which is a derivation of Fracas, lasts over 10 hours on the skin and is a beautiful scent, that is way above other fragrances that cost 300 dollars.

Many of them are rip offs.