Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Today I Bought - April Edition

List your purchases in the month of April!

Today I received in the mail:

Vintage Tabu by Dana (2oz.) and vintage Guerlain Shalimar EdC (2.5 oz.)

Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Default Re: Today I Bought - April Edition

Nice. Enjoy!

a miniature of Encre Noire for men

VintagePoison congratulations! How old is your Shalimar?
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    VintagePoison congratulations! How old is your Shalimar?
    I have no clue! I'd love to know, too, if there are any Guerlain experts here.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    I have no clue! I'd love to know, too, if there are any Guerlain experts here.
    Just checked with what I have. And the box looks exactly the same as yours and mine is 45-50 y.o.

BLAST FROM THE PAST!!!! 1985
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Just checked with what I have. And the box looks exactly the same as yours and mine is 45-50 y.o.
    That's extremely cool! Thanks for checking for me!

I'am wearing a recent April purchase: Chanel COCO extrait. A bargain on ebay. The bottle first made me wonder if it's a fake. But it smells very nice. Probably it's an older version. Does anyone of you know when they started to laser the bottom text instead of crafting it within the glass bottle?

Pulled the trigger on the parfum of Narcisse Noir. I've been thinking about this one for a few months now, and really couldn't think of enough reasons not to.

Got Guerlain Encens Mythique for my birthday..... So good!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite View Post
    I'am wearing a recent April purchase: Chanel COCO extrait. A bargain on ebay. The bottle first made me wonder if it's a fake. But it smells very nice. Probably it's an older version. Does anyone of you know when they started to laser the bottom text instead of crafting it within the glass bottle?
    No idea about the laser! From what I remember, the new Coco Extrait is greenish, whereas the original wasn't. The new jus struck me last year at the new airport terminal in Vienna. New store - new testers and they seemed to get a first set of all Chanel extraits too. Smelled terribly good - slightly green, refined and very 'unisex'. Enjoy your purchase, Graphite!

50ml EDT Idol de Lubin. I am ready for winter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
    Pulled the trigger on the parfum of Narcisse Noir. I've been thinking about this one for a few months now, and really couldn't think of enough reasons not to.
    I've been chasing Narcisse Noir for a long time now and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Is it the modern day parfum or vintage?

That's extremely cool! Thanks for checking for me!
    My pleasure! Hope you are enjoying it

Basenotes Plus

Lately I have been wanting to explore more of the classic Patous, Ma Collection in particular. To that end, I bought a mini of Chaldee.

Vintage Rive Gauche. Smells beautiful and exactly as it should, the way I remember it smelling ca. 1970s. *happy*

Love, Chloe, as I can never have too many powdery scents in my stash.

I've been wanting Ghost Deepest Night forever, but no luck until I came across some carded samples on ebay. It's a wonderful, luscious blend of honeyed mango and vanilla. Like a tropical dessert, but a certain subtle hint of darkness keeps it just short of cloying. Perfect on sultry summer nights.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

summer means fireflys

It feels like forever since I've bought anything! I found a decant of Kerosene Copper Skies for sale and snatched that up. I love it, but can't really go for a FB right now. The decant will be just perfect.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I bought Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom.

The Different Company Oud Shamash, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I've been chasing Narcisse Noir for a long time now and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Is it the modern day parfum or vintage?
    Alas the modern one. Not as good, but still pretty good.

Got Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger at M&S yesterday. Seems like spring will get here finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    No idea about the laser! From what I remember, the new Coco Extrait is greenish, whereas the original wasn't. The new jus struck me last year at the new airport terminal in Vienna. New store - new testers and they seemed to get a first set of all Chanel extraits too. Smelled terribly good - slightly green, refined and very 'unisex'. Enjoy your purchase, Graphite!
    Thanks Larimar! So, you think the newest reformulation is good. Das klingt schon ein bisschen ketzerisch. But I am curious now and I will test it as soon as I get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    I bought Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom.
    Me too!! I tried it yesterday, and it was so fresh and perfect for spring I got the small bottle. It's very different from TDC Osmanthus.

Do gifts count?

If so, I received the by Kilian Love travel set. The atomiser is seriously gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Got Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger at M&S yesterday. Seems like spring will get here finally.
    Can you pls compare it to other "famous" fleur d'orangers you know?

Everyone, congrats with newcomers!))

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by catnip_too View Post
    Me too!! I tried it yesterday, and it was so fresh and perfect for spring I got the small bottle. It's very different from TDC Osmanthus.
    Congrats on your new Jo Malone!! I hate to admit it, but I haven't even tried it yet, I saw it on the Neiman Marcus web site and had to order it. I really like Jo Malone fragrances and haven't been disappointed yet. I'm very glad to hear it's a nice osmanthus, I figured it would be, but you never know, lol. Enjoy your new bottle!!!

Thank you, Kiliwia! To be honest, I don't know if it's a nice osmanthus scent. I've never smelled real osmanthus. It is a very happy and bright scent, though. The citrus is quite distinct. I'll be curious about your opinion once you get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Do gifts count?

If so, I received the by Kilian Love travel set. The atomiser is seriously gorgeous!
    Gifts certainly count in my books!
    That sounds fantastic! Enjoy!

I was gifted, too . Shalimar Ode à la Vanille and Amorvero EdT.

Cuir de Nacre by Ann Gerard Parfum

I've wanted this for so long! I finally snapped and bought two bottles because I love it so, it's beautiful.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Hermès Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, 200 ml.
    Bond No. 9 Fire Island, 50 ml. It was on sale, so I bought it blind. It's much more... aquatic... than I imagined.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

This April we are either not buying, or not posting, one or another. Look, it is the 20th and collectively we got just about 20 bottles? Just an observation...... And then again, it is mostly quality not quantity that matters, I realize.

Twolf, I am mainly selling this month! Or trying to persuade myself to sell.

Alright, Twolf I will post something.

Bought the sampler line of Parfume d'Empire, direct from France. It came with a nice card, and the packaging is wonderful.
    Also bought the sample set from Slumberhouse - Pear + Olive, Sova, Jeke and Norne.

I gotta admit that if I'm hunting (ebay,thrift shops etc. ) I won't post till I 've haulled my catch home . Just bagged a half a bottle of Gucci Envy (F) and a near full Gucci Accenti (1.7 oz back up bottle). Also must fess up to blind buying ---Bad me. I KNOW!
    It'll totally serve me right if I hate it ..But.. NTesla liked it and others and the notes sounded lovely and with shipping it was ONLY $13.77 .So it's like free right?
    Okay .I got a 70% full capless Balmain Ambre Gris . Bad ? Good ? we'll see.
    Moving on to fess up completely ..
    Michael Kors Suede
    A vintage lot Chanel Coco (slightly off?), Yardley Lavender, 4711,and two wee teensy-tiny minis Givenchey Le De and L'Interdit parfums with boxes .
    Guerlain Mitsouko edt boxed 60% full yellow and gold box (don't know what vintage it is but it smells lovely!)
    a 40% full edt of Dior Dolce Vita .
    Fragrance Omnivore

I'm waiting on a package that will contain Houbigant Paris Orangers en Fleurs Eau de Parfum and Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

I think I've blown my perfume budget for a good quarter or so.

Was given Charlotte Stockdale/Newson limited edition packaging on Red Roses as a gift.redrosesfrompasha.jpg
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

I bought an enormous bottle of White Shoulders EDC for $9.99 at TJ Maxx. It's what I use to scent the wash water for my clothes.

After releasing myself from a self-imposed moratorium on new purchases, I splurged on Coromandel, Attar de Roses & Epic Woman this month. Now I'm back on restriction for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie Jeanie View Post
    After releasing myself from a self-imposed moratorium on new purchases, I splurged on Coromandel, Attar de Roses & Epic Woman this month. Now I'm back on restriction for a while.
    Congrats! That's impressive, very grandiose smelling haul!

My April purchases were mostly discontinued voluptuous spice bombs: Nu EdP and Body cream, Organza Indecence, Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant, and Kenzo Jungle Tigre. And to round things up, 50 ml of Une Fleur de Cassie and 1Oz vintage Chanel No 5 extrait for a song.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Kagey

Can you pls compare it to other "famous" fleur d'orangers you know?
    I tried Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger last year. I found it very powdery; it reminded me of a talc my family used to buy when I was a child, called "Mavis."

Today I bought a bottle of vintage Miss Balmain perfume. It is Sultry, Smoky and NARCOTIC

Farmacia SS Annunziata Vaniglia del Madagascar for me today. Lovely light lemony vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Congrats! That's impressive, very grandiose smelling haul!

My April purchases were mostly discontinued voluptuous spice bombs: Nu EdP and Body cream, Organza Indecence, Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant, and Kenzo Jungle Tigre. And to round things up, 50 ml of Une Fleur de Cassie and 1Oz vintage Chanel No 5 extrait for a song.
    Nice additions yourself, Whitefluffy! The owner of my local perfume shop has Organza Indecence & Jungle L'Elephant testers locked away in her back cabinet, & I've been trying to pry them away from her for the longest time. (I can't convince her that they're discontinued. lol) And that vintage extrait has been a lemming since the aldehyde pass. Great finds!

SPRING FLOWER!
    Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

Twolf's right -- I forgot to post a purchase from earlier this month

5ml decants of each of the following:
    • Houbigant Oranger en Fleurs (hooray for us, Nefret!! )
    • Robert Piguet Mademoiselle Piguet
    • Parfums DelRay Mythique
    • Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris

Plus, 1ml samples of Parfums DelRae Bois de Paradis, Robert Piguet Fracas EDP (current formulation), and Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose.

Now if only spring would come so that I properly enjoy all these lovely florals!

Genie and Whitefluffy, you've both had an amazing month!! Wow!

Some great finds, congrats to all. I just received a bottle of SonomaScentStudio's Rose Volupte, a rosy, plummy, cedar, ambery delight. Have on order a sample set from PK Perfumes, had not heard of Paul before I saw it here the other day, I think there's more then one I might love there. I also ordered today a bottle from Scentmatches, a copy of the original Secret de Venus. I have never purchased from this site before, and really hoping for the best, I do have a small bit left from the 80's to compare it with. SDV de Zibeilene is my HG, along with original Jungle Gardenia and Dana's 20 Carats. We are like alcoholics, aren't we? One is never enough!

My birthday, train delayed by two hours, stuck in a small town, so I drifted around the perfume counters and wound up buying Ivoire by Balmain...not sure this was a good move.

I was given Baudelaire, by Byredo, which I love until the burnt rubber dry down and, with my birthday stash of cash bought La Tulipe also by Byredo, which I am finding it easy to love. No more purchases now until my Carnal Flower finally runs dry...

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I tried Fragonard's Fleur d'Oranger last year. I found it very powdery; it reminded me of a talc my family used to buy when I was a child, called "Mavis."
    Thanks! Sounds interesting.

A back up bottle of SpaceNK In Peace, from ebay at £15.99
    DONNA

2 x Je Reviens EDT 100 ml
    1 x Tesori d'Oriente Frangipani gift set

Both for an Easter present.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Was given Charlotte Stockdale/Newson limited edition packaging on Red Roses as a gift.redrosesfrompasha.jpg
    Lovely packaging. And a great scent too. Enjoy!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Bought last Sunday:
    Agent Provocateur Petale Noir
    Bond #9 Washington Square- pocket spray
    Bond #9 Nuits de Noho- pocket spray (free)

Bought Tuesday:
    Dior Escale aux Marquises

Basenotes Member

I've purchased some Bond NO.9 to carry around with me .. although i've still got three different full bottles of perfume at home, can't hurt to have one more..

Fraîcheur Végétale de Bambou by Yves Rocher, in completion to the most recent previous fragrance purchase earlier this April.

A miniature of Gloria by Cacharel. A gift from a good friend

Basenotes Plus

A wonderful set of three vintage Coty eaux de toilette: L'Aimant, L'Origan, and Emeraude. They arrived today, intact and smelling glorious.

And some Nude Musk by Ava Luxe. It's delectable and a dead ringer for Perfect Veil.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Gosh, what a nice set tdem - beautiful! I love Nude Musk, too - Serena's musks are all so tender and graceful, but that one's my very favorite.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

treeman5823

tdem 1961--wow. I have vintage bottles of Emeraude and L'Origan, too--not quite as old as yours, granted-- and they are beautiful. Seeing all three there in one tidy box jerks a tear from the eye.

Basenotes Plus

Yesterday:
    Premier Jour
    Mauboussin
    Also samples from TPC