Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default Scent of the day Wednesday, April 10

Hello everyone, Serge Lutens Datura Noir for me.

Wish you all a great day.

((((Wolfie))))
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scent of the day Wednesday, April 10

Morning all!

l've got a couple of days off, heading out to run a few errands in Ginger Ciao by Yosh, a sample from the back of the wardrobe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Bonjour Mesdames!

Good morning!

Enjoying Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan today.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Jicky EdP on a sunny, 15 degrees C day in Vienna.

Tom ford Black Orchid
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. Enjoy your mini-break, teardrop

SotD is Kenzo Power Cologne.

Happy Birthday actiasluna

Hope you are having a great day where'er you be - you are certainly missed here.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 10th April 2013 at 12:12 PM.

Good morning!

30Roses, I was so happy to hear your mother is feeling better! You're right, sleep is restorative. Glad you are feeling the effects as well

I am testing Impossible Iris today. I'm not sure what's impossible about it, because to me it's just as pretty as can be.

Magellan by Fragonard

Hello, ya'll!
    It's Weil Antilope this morning!

Hello all. Eau d'Italie Sienne d'Hiver
    DONNA

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in Chamade for ballet, vintage-70s parfum and edc ...just a light spray for a bit of effervescence.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Prada Amber Intense
    Last edited by sjg3839; 10th April 2013 at 01:39 PM.

Good morning, celebrating the return of warm and humid weather (not being sarcastic, I like it) with Jailia (!)

And 30R, so glad your mom and you are both resting better and feeling restored.

Good morning! A while back a very kind Basenoter sent me a package of decants of lily of the valley/muguet fragrances and I am now finally enjoying working my way through them. So far, I really like Santa Maria Novella's Mughetta for a straightforward, pure, simple lily of the valley. It is very well done. And I was impressed with Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Lilia Bella - naturally, as it's discontinued - as a mughet/lily/floral blend for its pretty, fleshy lushness. Today, I'm not sure which one I'll sample, but it will be mughet/lily of the valley this morning for me.

It's Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley this morning.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th April 2013 at 02:53 PM.

Coty's Chypre, the discontinued beauty which I'm finally able to try thanks to the generosity of a perfume buddy.

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Pierre Balmain Ivoire de Balmain this morning.

Have a great day!

Great morning starting here in central Florida. Promises to be beautiful weather. Today i am trying to recreate the smell of an "oriental lily". Stunningly beautiful flower a friend treated me to a few weeks ago. The fragrance projects about 40 feet on each flower. I can seriously smell it from the driveway. Here is a pic. Have a great day!

I haven't decided on a fragrance for today.

Everybody smells lovely. We are having a fine frosty morning in this Winter Wonderland, schools are delayed.

CD Dune today.

Thanks for the continuous wishes for my friend.

Thumbs up Re: Scent of the day Wednesday, April 10

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Institution

A beautifully sunny & warm day here.
    A friend of mine called me yesterday, he's going through a really hard time. I might pull him out of his house tonight & take him to dinner to help cheer him up.

Vetiver AGAIN. Sometimes one must listen to one's fragrance cravings. So it's:

Sycomore by Chanel

Almost down to the last drops in my bottle.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Clean ~ Clean Lather

It's a beautiful sunny day here and I'm celebrating with wearing my hair in great piles of loose curls and wearing summer clothes (even if I'm freezing cold) along with a big squirt of some vintage Trussardi.

'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Belated birthday cheer for Arwen Elf! (Yesterday was Mr. Q's birthday, too.)

A capsule of vitamin D and a shot of Bois des Iles will get me through another waiting-for-gardening-season day.

Thank you Ms. Quarry, and Happy belated birthday to Mr. Quarry!!

Today I am wearing In the City of Sin by Kilian, I am liking this one. I got some samples in e-bay
    Evenstar

Today is a Carnal Flower day. God, I love this beast.

Pleasures Delight by EL, though I've been getting more and more patchouli each time I wear it...I feel like a patchouli bomb. Musty and thick patch.

Happy belated b-day to Mr. Q

Blog Entries

Good morning everyone!

My first training session for tutoring basic reading with Literacy Volunteers is this evening. I find myself looking forward to getting back into literacy work.

I'm joining Lilybelle in wearing a lily of the valley scent today-- using a sample of the reformulated Muguet by Annick Goutal, which is rather grassy. It is not as accurate as the old version was but is fresher. (Lilybelle, would you like a sample of this?)

((30Roses)), I'm glad to hear that you found an inexpensive solution to your mom's shoulder pain. That has to be such a relief for everyone. I think interrupted sleep is a lot worse for a person than any of us realizes....

Mike, you're a good friend

Happy belated birthdays to arwen_elf and Mr. Quarry!

No snow here, just cold and rainy, but parts of the metro area other than where I live were hit with 4" diameter hail last night. Ugh.

Trying again to warm up, this time in HdP Ambre 114.

(((Twolf))) Wishes for comfort heading east for you, your friend, and his family.

Wearing Nuit de Noel, watching the snow fall outside is making me so sleepy - it's not sticking, but so peaceful to watch.

Blog Entries

Heading out again in Alien this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

We had hail this morning, but only for a short time. Almost made it til April 15, our frost breaking point for planting, without any white, but not quite It is warming up tomorrow though, so this was short lived - a tiny little last gasp of winter

L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme today, a fickle spring staple

Hello again -

I'm in Chanel Beige for the afternoon ...yet another Chanel that I'm learning to love after a rather lukewarm introduction. But I really shouldn't be surprised - it just took a few wearings to have me wondering what in the world I was thinking. This is so very lovely. ♥

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Belle d'Opium doesn't get a whole lot of love from many people...except from Vanessa Paradis and me.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Good morning everyone!

My first training session for tutoring basic reading with Literacy Volunteers is this evening. I find myself looking forward to getting back into literacy work.

I'm joining Lilybelle in wearing a lily of the valley scent today-- using a sample of the reformulated Muguet by Annick Goutal, which is rather grassy. It is not as accurate as the old version was but is fresher. (Lilybelle, would you like a sample of this?)
    30 Roses, you are so sweet, thank you! I've got plenty on my plate at the moment, however. I wouldn't impose on you. I am a volunteer literacy tutor as well, did you know that? I really enjoy it, even more than I thought I would.

Happy Belated Birthday to Arewen Elf and Mr. Q.!

Mike, you are a very nice person. xo

I'm trying Bulgari Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise this afternoon. I'm not sure this is for me after all. I loooooved it on a card. On skin, I'm not so sure. There's something about it I love, and there's somethig else in there that annoys me. I hate when that happens.

Yep, Lilybelle...I was the same way with that BLV, it wasn't for me..though I liked apart of it..the part I didn't like made me not like it.

Basenotes Plus

Belated birthday wishes to Mr Q
    I imagine that the lady of the manor will have ensured a memorable day all round

SotE - Annick Goutal Folavril

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 10th April 2013 at 08:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes, Lilybelle, Twolf mentioned it recently-- but I didn't know if you were tutoring basic reading or ESL. I tutored ESL with the same organization back in the mid 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Yes, Lilybelle, Twolf mentioned it recently-- but I didn't know if you were tutoring basic reading or ESL. I tutored ESL with the same organization back in the mid 1990s.
    It's basic reading, and I do have one student whose first language is not English, so he sorta qualifies as ESL. He speaks English pretty well, though. He just needs to learn to read it and write it competently. The others are at various levels. They teach me, too! Yesterday while I was explaining the term "long shanks" to a student I learned there is another definition for "shank" it is a homemade weapon made in prison. I didn't ask how he knew that.

Mon Jasin Noir L'Eau Exquise gets better with hours on skin. It was a little harsh at first, but I like the drydown. I don't know whether I will buy a bottle. I have a couple of samples coming and they will probably suffice for my short attention span. I still want a modern, light, crisp, green, floral fragrance to live in this summer. I'll keep looking. When I asked to the SA whether I could spray on some Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise earlier today she looked at me blankly for a good few seconds, and then she said in amazement, "Wooowww! You pronounced that soooo nicely!" I thought that was funny. I told her "so many years' languages in school and that's about all I can do in French." It's sort of sad that department store SAs don't know much of anything about fragrance and can barely pronounce them either, though I admit that one is a long name. She did say that Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise has been flying off the shelves. That and Omni Coral. That was my big department store trip today, which was actually to buy B-belle some clothes, as I am his personal shopper since he won't shop for himself and goes around in clothes a bum wouldn't wear.

'afternoon, gang. I'm in Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman today.

Hypnotic Poison for me....the pre reform stuff. Potent!

L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extrême.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

Dana Tabu vintage
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

I borrowed DH's Aventus today. Didn't notice any panties dropping, but I did get a couple of compliments.
    "Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it."
    - Bruce Lee

Well, I came home, Larry passed away around 9 pm. With family and friends. In comfort. He is the man from a few years ago: "Annie, you are walking again tonight?" -- "Yes, Mr.D. Remember I do not drive? I do not have enough marbles." -- "You do too, only they have all turned into diamonds!"

Glad to hear that Beige is catching your nostrils, E. I went through a bottle.

SIncerest regrets on your loss T.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

I'm really sorry for your loss Twolf.