Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad Pakistan
    Posts
    320

    Default Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Hi, recently i got my hands on Kouros Fraicheur and today I found Gucci Pour Homme which i picked up quickly. Now I read somewhere that Cartier Must Pour homme has been discontinued and I saw it at the same shop. I have the option to pick up gucci pour homme and cartier (either must pour homme or santos eau de sport) for under 100$. So I ask your expertise, are any cartiers discontinued which I should hunt for?

    And secondly I would like you guys to give some of your choices that may have been discontinued or reformulated which I might search for myself. This store gave me M7 a couple of months back and now this, I'm hoping to search for other jewels as well.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    79,282

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    I'd pick up those two before they disappear.

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad Pakistan
    Posts
    320

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    which 2 ? GPH and santos or must ?

  4. #4
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,404

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    I couldn't possibly list all the ones I have tried/know of, so instead here are the vintage formulations/discontinued ones I have in my collection in alphabetical order (I love and recommend them all)...

    Bijan for Men
    by Bijan (reformulated)
    Blend 30 by Dunhill (discontinued)
    Captain by Molyneux (reformulated)
    Cool Water by Davidoff (reformulated)
    Cravache
    by Robert Piguet (reformulated)
    Crown Imperial by Crown Perfumery (discontinued)
    Cuiron
    by Helmut Lang (discontinued)
    Davidoff by Davidoff (discontinued)
    Eau de Patou by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Eau de Santal Extreme by Floris (discontinued)
    Eau Sauvage
    by Dior (reformulated)
    Fahrenheit by Dior (reformulated)
    Genghis Khan by Marc de la Morandiere (discontinued)
    Giorgio for Men
    by Giorgio Beverly Hills (reformulated)
    Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy (reformulated)
    Green Water by Jacques Fath (reformulated)
    Z-14 by Halston (reformulated)
    Homme de Gres by Gres (discontinued)
    Insense by Givenchy (reformulated)
    JHL
    by Aramis (reformulated)
    KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld (discontinued)
    Lauder for Men by Estee Lauder (discontinued)
    Leonard pour Homme (discontinued)
    Ma Liberte by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Maxims pour Homme by Maxims (discontinued)
    Monsieur Carven by Carven (discontinued)
    Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy (reformulated)
    Moods Uomo by Krizia (discontinued)
    Nemo by Cacharel (discontinued)
    New York by Parfums de Nicolai (reformulated)
    No. 89 by Floris (reformulated)
    Ocean Rain by Mario Valentino (discontinued)
    Oscar de la Renta pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta (reformulated)
    Patou pour Homme by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Patou pour Homme Prive by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Photo by Karl Lagerfeld (reformulated)
    Polo by Ralph Lauren (reformulated)
    Polo Crest
    by Ralph Lauren (discontinued)
    Red for Men
    by Giorgio Beverly Hills (reformulated)
    Richard James edt by Richard James (discontinued)
    Rive Gauche pour Homme by YSL (reformulated)
    Romeo Gigli
    by Romeo Gigli (discontinued)
    Sandalwood by Floris (discontinued)
    Spiced Limes
    by Crown Perfumery (discontinued)
    Sport de Paco Rabanne
    by Paco Rabanne (discontinued)
    Tenere by Paco Rabanne (discontinued)
    Tiffany for Men by Tiffany (reformulated)
    Vendetta pour Homme by Mario Valentino (discontinued)
    Venezia Uomo by Laura Biagiotti (discontinued)
    Versailles pour Homme by Jean Desprez (discontinued)
    VIP for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills (discontinued)
    Voyageur by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    White Sea by M. Micallef (discontinued)
    Yellow Sea by M. Micallef (discontinued)
    YSL pour Homme by YSL (reformulated)
    Last edited by drseid; 10th April 2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Too many to list. I'd single out Givenchy Insense (green floral) and Paco Rabanne Metal (fresh green).

    cacio

  6. #6

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    I couldn't possibly list all the ones I have tried/know of, so instead here are the vintage formulations/discontinued ones I have in my collection in alphabetical order (I love and recommend them all)...

    Bijan for Men
    by Bijan (reformulated)
    Blend 30 by Dunhill (discontinued)
    Captain by Molyneux (reformulated)
    Cool Water by Davidoff (reformulated)
    Cravache
    by Robert Piguet (reformulated)
    Crown Imperial by Crown Perfumery (discontinued)
    Cuiron
    by Helmut Lang (discontinued)
    Davidoff by Davidoff (discontinued)
    Eau de Patou by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Eau de Santal Extreme by Floris (discontinued)
    Eau Sauvage
    by Dior (reformulated)
    Fahrenheit by Dior (reformulated)
    Genghis Khan by Marc de la Morandiere (discontinued)
    Giorgio for Men
    by Giorgio Beverly Hills (reformulated)
    Givenchy Gentleman by Givenchy (reformulated)
    Green Water by Jacques Fath (reformulated)
    Z-14 by Halston (reformulated)
    Homme de Gres by Gres (discontinued)
    Insense by Givenchy (reformulated)
    JHL
    by Aramis (reformulated)
    KL Homme by Karl Lagerfeld (discontinued)
    Lauder for Men by Estee Lauder (discontinued)
    Leonard pour Homme (discontinued)
    Ma Liberte by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Maxims pour Homme by Maxims (discontinued)
    Monsieur Carven by Carven (discontinued)
    Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy (reformulated)
    Moods Uomo by Krizia (discontinued)
    Nemo by Cacharel (discontinued)
    New York by Parfums de Nicolai (reformulated)
    No. 89 by Floris (reformulated)
    Ocean Rain by Mario Valentino (discontinued)
    Oscar de la Renta pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta (reformulated)
    Patou pour Homme by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Patou pour Homme Prive by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    Photo by Karl Lagerfeld (reformulated)
    Polo by Ralph Lauren (reformulated)
    Polo Crest
    by Ralph Lauren (discontinued)
    Red for Men
    by Giorgio Beverly Hills (reformulated)
    Richard James edt by Richard James (discontinued)
    Romeo Gigli by Romeo Gigli (discontinued)
    Sandalwood by Floris (discontinued)
    Spiced Limes
    by Crown Perfumery (discontinued)
    Sport de Paco
    Rabanne by Paco Rabanne (discontinued)
    Tenere by Paco Rabanne (discontinued)
    Tiffany for Men by Tiffany (reformulated)
    Vendetta pour Homme by Mario Valentino (discontinued)
    Venezia Uomo by Laura Biagiotti (discontinued)
    Versailles pour Homme by Jean Desprez (discontinued)
    VIP for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills (discontinued)
    Voyageur by Jean Patou (discontinued)
    White Sea by M. Micallef (discontinued)
    Yellow Sea by M. Micallef (discontinued)
    YSL pour Homme by YSL (reformulated)

    Good list, though it immediately strikes me that you didn't mention Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and Kouros reformulations which would have been two of the first designer scents I would have mentioned.Oh, and also Armani Eau Pour Homme reform and Gucci Envy (discontinued).

  7. #7

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Gucci Pour Homme II is wonderful for the hot months. No clue why they would stop making this one.

  8. #8
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,404

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Good list, though it immediately strikes me that you didn't mention Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and Kouros reformulations which would have been two of the first designer scents I would have mentioned.
    Only because they aren't in my wardrobe (vintage PR is at the top of my "to buy" list though).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Some others I have:
    Coriolan by Guerlain (discontinued)
    Vetiver (1948) by Creed (discontinued)
    YSL Rive Gauche PH by YSL (reformulated) - this is probably the easiest to find. You want the CAN.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    I'd recommend two great discontinued citrus frags from the 90s: Joint by Roccobarocco and Spazio Krizia by Krizia

  11. #11

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I'd recommend two great discontinued citrus frags from the 90s: Joint by Roccobarocco and Spazio Krizia by Krizia
    +1 to Joint, I'm hunting currently to buy a FB...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Life Essence by Fendi is also discontinued which has a good scent but lacks projection.
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Islamabad Pakistan
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martinijo:2925124
    Good list, though it immediately strikes me that you didn't mention Paco Rabanne Pour Homme and Kouros reformulations which would have been two of the first designer scents I would have mentioned.Oh, and also Armani Eau Pour Homme reform and Gucci Envy (discontinued).
    Whaaaaat gucci envy is discontinued? I saw 2 bottles and my reaction was bleh, not my day :3. Btw, can pour monsieur be known through box shape or colour, because I see a black box and a grey box on the seller's shelf and was wondering what the difference might be.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Le Male (reformulated)
    By Man Dolce and Gabbana (Discontinued)

  15. #15

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    Whaaaaat gucci envy is discontinued? I saw 2 bottles and my reaction was bleh, not my day :3. Btw, can pour monsieur be known through box shape or colour, because I see a black box and a grey box on the seller's shelf and was wondering what the difference might be.
    Yes Gucci Envy goes for high prices now (usually).
    Re Givenchy Monsieur my vintage box is brown with a black band across the middle. (It has to be in the standard fairly squat bottle with "rounded shoulders" and the wrap around black label to be vintage, the most recent was the Parfums Mythiques version, which should be obviously very different to look at)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Only because they aren't in my wardrobe (vintage PR is at the top of my "to buy" list though).
    Oh yes, sorry I guess I didn't see the first line of your post, just looked at the list..

  16. #16

    Default Re: Name any discontinued/reformulated/vintage frags

    2 incredible fragrances that have been discontinued fairly recently:

    Creed Royal English Leather
    Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

    My favorite leather and my favorite lavender slipping away into the forgotten...

Similar Threads

  1. Recently discontinued or reformulated
    By Mervin in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st April 2013, 08:36 AM
  2. Any fragrances that are about to be discontinued? Or reformulated?
    By bgoc in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28th February 2013, 05:27 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 29th December 2010, 03:37 PM
  4. discontinued/reformulated blues - womens fragrances
    By fumes4ever in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13th October 2010, 02:05 PM
  5. Rive Gauche and other frags reformulated??
    By marcos_xs in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th September 2006, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •