Code of Conduct

Default What 's similar to Bond No. 9 Coney Island?

Hi BN's,

Well I'm very fond of Bond No 9 Coney Island though it has it's haters here on BN. As it is very expensive I'm looking for other frangraces that are similar (or maybe better?)...

Any thoughts?

Thank's!

TLS

Default Re: What 's similar to Bond No. 9 Coney Island?

Moai by La Maison de la Vanille

I recall getting a Coney Island vibe when I smelled Tommy Bahamas Set Sail South Seas. I don't think there's anything else that us going to be that close to CI.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

If you're willing to look at a feminine fragrance, I get a similar vibe from Mugler's Womanity.

Weirdly enough, and I'm sure many will not agree...Slumberhouse Pear + Olive has a sort of Coney Island dry down to it. It's got that salty sweet thing going on. But, that being said, it only has a slight sort of feel to it, but in my opinion Coney Island is very unique and nothing really comes close to it. It's a great frag!!

I get similar vibe from Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Baarts

Quote Originally Posted by Kybid View Post
    Weirdly enough, and I'm sure many will not agree...Slumberhouse Pear + Olive has a sort of Coney Island dry down to it. It's got that salty sweet thing going on. But, that being said, it only has a slight sort of feel to it, but in my opinion Coney Island is very unique and nothing really comes close to it. It's a great frag!!
    Agree on Pear and Olive, definitely has that briny marine accord, Wall Street from Bond has it too.

Go get Coney from Beautyencounter. It won't kill your wallet, it projects and lasts, and you'll be happy.

The lime/booze thing kinda happens in Virgin Island Water, but they're not all that similar... Coney is a lot safer than people think, and the only comments I've ever got have been very positive.

Thank's for the replies. Much appreciated!

I'll try the suggestions made. I'm not very fond of getting Coney from Beautyencounter. Sure the prices are low but it has to be send to Belgium.

I once ordered a bottle from strawberry.net They covered the VAT and extra costs (Beautuencounter doesn't) but it took several weeks to get the bottle because the package was left at the customs... They are not in a hurry there...

TLS

Banned
    Blog Entries

virgin island watrer, which you can get cheaper via grey market

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    virgin island watrer, which you can get cheaper via grey market
    Thank's ordered a sample.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    Thank's ordered a sample.
    let us know what you think

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Baarts
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC View Post
    I get similar vibe from Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Baarts
    I have both. Theres a similarity in the margarita notes in the opening (tequila, lime, salt with a bit of sweetness to it). Thats really where it begins and ends though.

Coney Island is strange. I'm not sure if i like it. Ive been told by others around me that its pleasant but I feel like it isnt very versatile or something. It would be a strange scent to sniff on someone else. Obviously with the name it is what they were going for, but it has that sickly sweet fairground food stall aroma. Caramel popcorn, corn dogs and ice cream. I wouldnt want someone to sniff me and think i was some kind of filthy carnie.

Whereas with SSSt.B i'm enjoying some tequila slammers at a funky beachside bar right on the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    let us know what you think
    Well I still like Coney Island but there is something in it that made me not purhase it and the price too of course. I ended up smapling VIW and although it's not that groundbreaking I ended up buying a bottle because it gets that beach/sea feel very well.

TLS