Code of Conduct

Default Question about Seasonal Fragrances.

Hi Everyone

This is my first time posting so here it is:

I started getting back into buying fragrances for the last 2 years. So I started reading the fragrance boards, blogs, and Vlogs about all the different fragrances. I usually go by what is recommended when the fragrances are for summer, fall, winter, and spring. So I buy accordingly. But I notice that some of the fragrances I buy do not work in my climate. One example, I wore Creed Aventus during the summer in New York City. Because it is humid there, in my opinion Aventus was very cloying. But when I was in the SFV in Los Angeles, which is desert like, very dry, Aventus was great. Does anyone consider their climate when reviewing the fragrances? It would help because most of the fragrances that have citrus notes do not last in dry climates. What do you think?

Default Re: Question about Seasonal Fragrances.

Personally do not wear/judge fragrances based on season/weather, but I know many people do.

Banned
    Blog Entries

there are fragrances better suited for some seasons than others, but all can be worn with correct application.

I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    there are fragrances better suited for some seasons than others, but all can be worn with correct application.

Quote Originally Posted by trafromnyla View Post
    Does anyone consider their climate when reviewing the fragrances? It would help because most of the fragrances that have citrus notes do not last in dry climates. What do you think?
    About half the year the weather dictates what I wear. I don't have that problem where citrus doesn't last in the dry heat.

I do not consider climate when choosing my fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

For me personally, I think it's much harder for some of my select fragrances to work in the harsh Midwest winter than during the summer. Any fragrance I have that is a light floral gets destroyed if it's in freezing temperatures so I basically store them away. On the other hand, I think you can get away with almost any fragrance in the summer (even at brutal temperatures) but you probably shouldn't stay outside long with sweet fragrances.

So to some up my personal time frames:

Over 5 minutes in a brutal winter (yes that short amount of time for me) and the fragrance disappears if it's light.
    Over 45 minutes to an hour on a humid day and the fragrance becomes cloying and disgusting no matter how light I apply.