Code of Conduct
    Dependent

Default Bond No 9 I <3 NY for Marriage Equality == Zirh Ikon

I was down at the Sephora and checked out the big I <3 NY display. I hadn't tried the Marriage Equality one so I spritzed some on a card and was immediately struck with a cinnamon-wood-musk accord I knew from somewhere . . . Zirh Ikon!

These two are very similar, though distinguishable. Obviously the Bond is more potent (EdP vs EdT) and more rounded -- Ikon is pretty brash. The cashmeran (and what I distinguish as Viriginia cedar) gives a more clearly woody character than Ikon's thin Iso E. Also, the Bond has a slightly more rosy floral character as opposed to Ikon's synthetic winey davana accord.

But if you're liking the Bond but don't want to drop huge cash, pick up Zirh Ikon, it's definitely the next best thing. Or, if you're super into Ikon and want to drop serious cash on a classier version that is more natural and performs better, try the Bond. It's pleasant.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Bond No 9 I <3 NY for Marriage Equality == Zirh Ikon

Thank you, MonkeyBars -

Interesting perspective. Zirh Ikon, in my humble opinion, is one of the best values out there...I get compliments on it every time I wear it.

Great juice- albeit somewhat synthetic, it always wears well. I may just try to get a sample of the Bond bottle.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Basenotes Plus

This just made me realize that the Jubilation XXV I'm currently wearing reminds me of Ikon. :/

I have not yet tried Zirh Ikon. ILNYFME is one of my favorite Bond fragrances, so I will have to try Ikon. I also love my Jubilation XXV. Man, if Ikon smells similar to both of these, I might just blind buy a bottle of this stuff tonight!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Interesting perspective. Zirh Ikon, in my humble opinion, is one of the best values out there...
    Agree. Dirt cheap, and cool bottle too with the magnetic cap. I think the sprayer is on the light side, which makes the juice seem less potent though it's probably average for an EdT.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    Great juice- albeit somewhat synthetic, it always wears well.
    Yes, this is definitely its weak point. But it doesn't have any blatantly synthetic metallic/chemically ingredients. It's just a little "skeletal."

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I have not yet tried Zirh Ikon. ILNYFME is one of my favorite Bond fragrances, so I will have to try Ikon. I also love my Jubilation XXV. Man, if Ikon smells similar to both of these, I might just blind buy a bottle of this stuff tonight!
    Been a while since I tried XXV. Ikon's price point means it's a very safe blind buy however. Report back when you do; I'll be curious to hear your opinion as someone who is already very similar to ILNYFME. (Bond is definitely in the running for most eccentric and/or annoying names, in the sense of inconvenience.)

Wore Ikon today. Despite it's price it can hold it's own with quite a few expensive(r) fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Been a while since I tried XXV. Ikon's price point means it's a very safe blind buy however. Report back when you do; I'll be curious to hear your opinion as someone who is already very similar to ILNYFME. (Bond is definitely in the running for most eccentric and/or annoying names, in the sense of inconvenience.)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Wore Ikon today. Despite it's price it can hold it's own with quite a few expensive(r) fragrances.

Just received my Zirh Ikon today (bought it blind based on this thread). I do get a very close similarity to Dirty English. It has a similar vibe to Bond No. 9 ILNYFME also.

The Jubilation XXV similarity is very distant IMO, but I can see it in the same general ballpark, but they are pretty far apart.

Anyway after 1 wearing, Zirh Ikon: Thumbs up! Great blind purchase. Good price for a good fragrance. I will need to give it a few more wearings to get a better feel for it, but Ikon is a good fit in my collection (but a little redundant since I already have the others - but for the price, that's ok!).

I agree with the OP also - ILNYFME is similar in feel (even tho a much different note listing) to Ikon. If money is tight, Ikon (or Dirty English) is quite adequate. If you have extra money, the Bond is a little deeper and richer - and the longevity (like most all Bond No. 9 fragrances) can't be beat.

Zirh Ikon is amazing value for its money. I was amazed when I first got it on a whim that it not only had an attractive bottle and magnetic cap, but also smelled of much higher quality than its price point. Granted, as others have mentioned, it is synthetic and it definitely isn't as strong being an EDT.

Another Zirh offering, Corduroy is pretty decent as well
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    Zirh Ikon is amazing value for its money. I was amazed when I first got it on a whim that it not only had an attractive bottle and magnetic cap, but also smelled of much higher quality than its price point. Granted, as others have mentioned, it is synthetic and it definitely isn't as strong being an EDT.
    Actually I think it's about average for an EdT, maybe slightly under. Its sprayer is very light however. http://www.basenotes.net/threads/355...ion-of-Potency

Didn't care for this one -- it definitely doesn't have Ikon's edge and boldness.

Default Re: Bond No 9 I &lt;3 NY for Marriage Equality == Zirh Ikon

I like Ikon, but I don't love it. I wish it had a warm base. Instead, it just seems linear and fades away rather than evolving. I get around 5 to 6 hours from it. That being said... it smells great, and for the price, it's a great buy.

ABSOLUTELY! I love Corduroy. It's linear as well, but it lasts longer on me and I've gotten compliments on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Just received my Zirh Ikon today (bought it blind based on this thread). I do get a very close similarity to Dirty English. It has a similar vibe to Bond No. 9 ILNYFME also.

The Jubilation XXV similarity is very distant IMO, but I can see it in the same general ballpark, but they are pretty far apart.
    I don't get that much of a similarity to Dirty English, and I get almost no similarity to Jubilation XXV.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

Yes, Ikon is by no means a replacement for JXXV (or vice versa), but they have a similar vibe.

Haven't smelled the Bond, Ikon is a nice replacement for some of the pricier incense frags, it reminds me a lot of Comme des Garçons Avignon. I'm a complete sucker for a good incense.