Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Bvlgari Aqva or Joop Splash?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bvlgari Aqva

8 72.73%
  • Joop Splash

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Bvlgari Aqva or Joop Splash?

Hi all,

I really love Bvlgari Aqva but when I use a frag I want to use its all products like deodorant spray, deosticks shower gel etc... But Aqva's deostick completely useless because very hard to wear and it has weak performance, I didn't like it at all. In the meantime I read many reviews about Joop Splash that similar with Aqva, and thought I must try. But after buy EDT I tried its deostick, and now I have two (not two actually three, cause I've ordered two Splash deostics instead of one, mistakenly!) useless deosticks in my hand because Splash's deostick as hard as Aqva's. My loss is big now, at least I want to chose right frag. Bvlgari Aqva has an amazing marine note, it's deep and fresh, also really unique as an aquatic and these make it perfect summer scent for me. On the other hand I've hated all Joop frags for now, never thought twice for its sugary heavy and feminine smells, three positive things to say for Joop frags are projection, sillage and longevity. But if Joop succeeds in make a new frag that separate its all candied history, and it similar with Aqva? I think it's worth a try! In this point I ask for your help, I know Aqva is known very well by many people, but what about Joop Splash? Have you ever used or tried? Reviews on fragrance directory are very few and I can't be sure, also its deosticks don't give any idea about how it smells. It's risky and nonsensical actually but goddamned I just wonder!
    That's the rule: Never use a flanker!

Default Re: Bvlgari Aqva or Joop Splash?

Don't like either but of the two - the former.

I like Joop Splash, it is unique enough for fresh category. Nevertheless it is more of sweet freshness, and it is not similar to salty Bvlgari Aqva. My vote is for Splash.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Neither

Joop splash is horrible imo. I'd go for izod over these two..

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Don't like either but of the two - the former.
    This.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Joop Splash I paid $35 for and I think it's great. It may not smell great in a wrist test, but shines in the wearing.
    Bvlgari Aqua I could have bought a big bottle for $20 - but I passed, it seemed pretty lame to me. I even passed on the saltier Marine version that was also going for $20.

Beats me why you are bothering with designer deodorant sticks. You can buy good quality fragrance free antiperspirants that put a protective layer in your armpits (they stop sweat getting out, and stop anything getting in). Then put a squirt of EDT there. The result will be much better than the scent and performance of a designer deodorant stick (which doesn't stop you perspiring, but just stops sweat from breaking down).

Some people will warn you not to do this because it is supposedly dangerous. All I know is that if you buy the D&G Homme deodorant stick that was sold a couple of years ago, it's nearly as strong as the EDT - equivalent to several sprays of edt in the manner I suggest.
    Regards,
    Renato

Thanks everyone and thanks Renato, you always give very detailed and careful replies.

I bought Aqva again. I'm still thinking buy Splash by the way. I'll start a new thread about bottle of Aqva because my old and new bottles different, also their boxes too. I've shearched in the forum but couldn't find any information about this.
    That's the rule: Never use a flanker!