Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Cologne?

How is the "Cologne" version of Dior Homme? I accidentally purchased a bottle and am awaiting its arrival. I thought it was the original DH but apparently it is the Cologne version.

Default Re: Dior Homme Cologne?

. Not bottle worthy IMO but it's pleasant enough. Others will disagree of course. You could certainly do worse on a blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    How is the "Cologne" version of Dior Homme? I accidentally purchased a bottle and am awaiting its arrival. I thought it was the original DH but apparently it is the Cologne version.
    To be blunt...it sucks....but it's kind of hard to find so if you don't like it you can probably swap it out for Dior Homme with another member.

Also somewhat disappointed with it.

Isn't there a new version of this out?

The original DH is better.

If you got the original DHC it's kind of like a lighter version of Dior Homme. I haven't smelled the new one yet, but it's on my list.

Some citrus + iris on top and iris + vetiver combo on drydown. IMO its unique and in the summer you will wear it more than you would wear original DH. I would not mind to own a bottle if someone gave it to me and I may even buy one just to complete my Dior Homme lineup.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Dior Homme, Intense and Sport are all better IMO..
    Current favourite: Spiritueuse Double Vanille

If it's the new one I think you'll enjoy it as it is a nice light-in-feeling feeling Summer frag. I tried it a few weeks ago and I thought it would be perfect for warmer weather. It doesn't remind me of DH which I find better for slightly cooler weather. The new cologne is very refreshing.

Thanks everyone. It's actually the old one (looks like the original DH, but it says "Cologne"). The seller is from Bulgaria so it may end up being a fake anyways...if so I'll just have to get a refund and purchase the original

Thanks everyone. It's actually the old one (looks like the original DH, but it says "Cologne"). The seller is from Bulgaria so it may end up being a fake anyways...if so I'll just have to get a refund and purchase the original
    Why in the world did you buy it then? Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Why in the world did you buy it then? Lol....
    Because I was not paying attention. Looks to be authentic though.

Do you like it?

The 2013 Dior Homme Cologne in my opinion is downright horrible. Scretchy lemon from top to bottom, a sharper version of L'eau d'Issey. I wish the older version of Dior Cologne were still available: that was something...
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I smelled it on paper. Quite nice IMO. May buy it this summer. Don't get an Issey (=bonedry and bitter) likeness though FWIW.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

I like the 2007 Dior Homme Cologne. It's lighter and more versatile, and it still has that iris-cocoa accord with some sparkling citrus for an interesting contrast. Some may think it's a watered down Dior Homme, but I still get decent tenacity and it really gives a different feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Do you like it?
    I have a sample of the original Dior Homme. I prefer this 2007 "Cologne" version. It's similar to Dior Homme (almost exactly the same) but a bit more subtle and doesn't pop in anyone's face. For $70 it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    The 2013 Dior Homme Cologne in my opinion is downright horrible. Scretchy lemon from top to bottom, a sharper version of L'eau d'Issey. I wish the older version of Dior Cologne were still available: that was something...
    I'm planning on trying it soon. I can't stand IM, unless it is the 2009 summer or Sport version.

Quote Originally Posted by Beftus View Post
    I smelled it on paper. Quite nice IMO. May buy it this summer. Don't get an Issey (=bonedry and bitter) likeness though FWIW.
    Are you referring to the 2013 or 2007? As mentioned before, I really don't like most of the IM fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    I like the 2007 Dior Homme Cologne. It's lighter and more versatile, and it still has that iris-cocoa accord with some sparkling citrus for an interesting contrast. Some may think it's a watered down Dior Homme, but I still get decent tenacity and it really gives a different feel.
    Agreed completely. 4 sprays lasted about 9 hours

2013 Dior Homme Cologne is gorgeous. I bought a bottle recently. I would recommend that before the original DHC. It also has crazy longevity on me for a light citrus/musk.

I just tried the new DHC at an airport a few days ago. I sprayed on my wrist and on a blotter.

The opening was interesting, although with a harsh citrus note. After about 20 minutes, it faded to a clean synth musk that could pass for an air freshener labeled "Ocean Breeze". Pretty bottle, though, and it lasts a long time for what it is. 6+ solid hours of blandness.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexwagner View Post
    2013 Dior Homme Cologne is gorgeous. I bought a bottle recently. I would recommend that before the original DHC. It also has crazy longevity on me for a light citrus/musk.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    I just tried the new DHC at an airport a few days ago. I sprayed on my wrist and on a blotter.
    Apparently this stuff has a lot of mixed opinions. I'll give it a shot though. Any clue if Macy's or Sephora have it as a tester?

The opening was interesting, although with a harsh citrus note. After about 20 minutes, it faded to a clean synth musk that could pass for an air freshener labeled "Ocean Breeze". Pretty bottle, though, and it lasts a long time for what it is. 6+ solid hours of blandness.
    Are you sure it wasn't fake? I know it's unlikely but that doesn't sound like the DHC I have. Mine opens with a strong citrus, almost alcohol note, then fades into DH EDT.

I own a bottle of the original Dior Homme Cologne (not the new bottle) and wear it often in the summer. It smells like the original minus the lavender in the opening and with orange flower thrown in instead. Also, the drydown is less sweet and musky, with possibly more vetiver and cedar. The famous lipstick accord is still there too, along with some suede, but it's subdued.

It's pretty good.

Are you sure it wasn't fake? I know it's unlikely but that doesn't sound like the DHC I have. Mine opens with a strong citrus, almost alcohol note, then fades into DH EDT.
    DHC 2013 is a totally different scent with the notes of grapefruit and musk. There is no longer any thematic link to Dior Homme or to the DHC 2007 (all of which has iris).

Seems pretty unlikely. Yours sounds a bit like what I was hoping it would be (a lighter, more transparent "summery" DH), which I understand is that the old one was like.

You have the new one?

I tried it at Newark duty free. Here it is:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    I own a bottle of the original Dior Homme Cologne (not the new bottle) and wear it often in the summer. It smells like the original minus the lavender in the opening and with orange flower thrown in instead. Also, the drydown is less sweet and musky, with possibly more vetiver and cedar. The famous lipstick accord is still there too, along with some suede, but it's subdued.

It's pretty good.
    That's what I'm talking about! Why couldn't they just make that one again? This one is going to flop I think.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just blind bought the 2013 version, can't wait to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Beast View Post
    Just blind bought the 2013 version, can't wait to check it out.
    I'm gonna spoil this for you - it smells like a lighter, airy version of Dior Homme Sport.

The Dior Homme Cologne 2013 is just another waste of time from Dior, it opens promising but falls apart very soon after that. I think Dior is moving toward the generic/no characteristic path with their esthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    I'm gonna spoil this for you - it smells like a lighter, airy version of Dior Homme Sport.
    Sounds purrfect, like a cat's birthday.
    Last edited by Shiny Beast; 19th April 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Seems pretty unlikely. Yours sounds a bit like what I was hoping it would be (a lighter, more transparent "summery" DH), which I understand is that the old one was like.

You have the new one?

I tried it at Newark duty free. Here it is:

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I'm talking about! Why couldn't they just make that one again? This one is going to flop I think.
    Oh no, that is not the bottle I am talking about. The one I am referring to is the 07 Cologne version. Looks exactly like Dior Homme, but is a "Cologne"