Code of Conduct

Default Reformulation or packaging variation? Mandatory listed ingredients ruling changes? Aramis, Azzaro

I was hoping to find some insight in regard to packaging variation as an indication of reformulation.

For Halston Z-14, it seems clear that the latest reformulation is missing oakmoss as a listed ingredient, while there is an earlier version that lists both oakmoss and treemoss. Having found one random box of the latter in a Target, I now compulsively scan the ingredient list whenever I find a stash of Z-14s in TJ Max or Marshalls.

But yesterday I also found boxes of Aramis and Azzaro with varying ingredients listed, which I've not seen mentioned on any threads, except for this in regard to Azzaro, which is inconclusive. I did see one mention of a re-reformulation that was worse in quality to the previous reformulation, but there wasn't much detail provided.

For Aramis, the exterior packaging was identical, except for the ingredients. One package had an overall shorter list that included oakmoss, the other a slightly longer list that omitted oakmoss and included treemoss at a lower concentration. There was only one box with the oakmoss packaging; all others were the treemoss version.

aramisses.jpg

For Azarro, there were several differences in the exterior packaging and the ingredient listing was dramatically different, with the package noting "oakmoss" also noting many other ingredients not mentioned on the other box. The bottles inside both had the embossed "A" rather than the sticker which has been used as a marker of the older formulation. But the silver band was at the bottom of the cap on one, and the top on the other.

azzbox.jpgazzingred.jpgazzarobottle.jpg

Does anyone know why these packaging variations exist? Are these definitely reformulations, or did the ingredients list need to be modified due to changing requirements on the number of ingredients that are mandatory to be listed?

I did not buy both Aramis versions to compare the juice but I did buy the "oakmoss" Azzaro as I already had the other version for comparison. The "oakmoss" version has a different quality to the "non" version that I find preferable, but it's not a night-and-day difference and my nose may be influenced by knowing one may have oakmoss while the other may not.

Default Re: Reformulation or packaging variation? Mandatory listed ingredients ruling changes? Aramis, Azzar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosetalgia View Post
    Or did the ingredients list need to be modified due to changing requirements on the number of ingredients that are mandatory to be listed?
    That would be my guess.

Default Re: Reformulation or packaging variation? Mandatory listed ingredients ruling changes? Aramis, Azzar

Quote Originally Posted by Nosetalgia View Post
    azzbox.jpgazzingred.jpgazzarobottle.jpg

Does anyone know why these packaging variations exist? Are these definitely reformulations, or did the ingredients list need to be modified due to changing requirements on the number of ingredients that are mandatory to be listed?
    Reformulation. I have the bottle with the silver band on the bottom of the cap and less ingredients on the box, which is the latest, and it's clear that they removed the oakmoss and the treemoss from the formula, otherwise they would have had to list them on the box. It's definitely not the Azzaro I remember in the bottle with the silver sticker, this is thin and anemic, it feels castrated.

Just so I'm absolutely clear, the bottle with the ticker label (older) comes in a box with or without oakmoss listed?
    Carlie70s_JD