Code of Conduct

Default Any gamechangers expected this year?

Hi was just wondering if anyone knows of any pre hyped fragrances to be launched this year?

Default Re: Any gamechangers expected this year?

Not hyped, but waiting for Montale Aoud Greedy and Charriol Royal White to make their 2013 appearance on the market.

I thought I heard Creed was supposed to release a new Millesime sometime this year.

Waiting for the new Creed release(s) this year. Only heard that they'll be aquatic and a new line. No idea when it'll be released.

Sound Scents

The anticipated release of Secraction later this year by O'driù.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Hoping for Patou Pour Homme's re-release.

Beloved by Amouage

Awaiting whatever Slumberhouse or Nasomatto might release this year...Also waiting for Kilian's release that's supposed to be available in June & Guerlain Desert series to be available in june as well as per the ever reliable Valerie at the Toronto Boutique...

Hoping the new Puredistance fragrance for men is still going to be released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    The anticipated release of Secraction later this year by O'driù.
    Ah yes, it is a very good scent!

Banned
    Blog Entries

one thing i won't be waiting on, any new releases from gucci..

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Awaiting whatever Slumberhouse or Nasomatto might release this year...Also waiting for Kilian's release that's supposed to be available in June & Guerlain Desert series to be available in june as well as per the ever reliable Valerie at the Toronto Boutique...
    Pretty much identical to me, except throw in Creed's aquatic line (if true still). Bond No.9's take on Aventus may be a game changer for the casual community, we shall see if the doom and gloom is justified,
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

I think that this one - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137730.html - could be epic, and a real sleeper. I can't wait to try it.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I think that this one - http://www.basenotes.net/ID26137730.html - could be epic, and a real sleeper. I can't wait to try it.
    It makes you smell like a Jaffa or a chocolate orange. Its name is no misnomer - surprisingly potent, too. I don't really like Jaffas but if you want to smell like one, definitely grab this. It is bang on target.

The Ginger Biscuit, for which I held the lowest expectations, turned out to be the best of the range. I hate ginger snap biscuits but the ginger and spice in this was not a heavy, grating accord, rather it made this cologne perfectly wearable and not too gourmandish.

The Elderflower & Gooseberry was the second best for me. Certainly very unique juice.

I had the highest hopes for Redcurrant & Cream but it was just too soft and needed a brighter, stronger berry note that would last - it dries down to a fairly nondescript creamy scent. Still, the opening was lovely.

Lemon Tart is hands-down the biggest disappointment. It lacked the sweetness I was hoping to find, and smells a lot like any other cheap lemon cologne, only this stuff ain't cheap.

If Creed is to be releasing something they better do it soon...especially if it's a "light" scent...summer is around the corner.

I am also looking forward to a Creed fragrance release.

Also, waiting impatiently for Dior Homme Cologne 2013 to be available in the US

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    Pretty much identical to me, except throw in Creed's aquatic line (if true still). Bond No.9's take on Aventus may be a game changer for the casual community, we shall see if the doom and gloom is justified,
    Is Creed releasing an aquatic fragrance in 2013?

Patou PH
    Yohji Homme
    Opus 7
    Beloved Man

Game changer? Love it. I bet all your games that there are juices out there that are game changer for you, me and everyone on this board. It doesn't have to be newly produced to change your perception and your game.

Opus 7 is more of a gamechanger then a 6? 6 has ambranum that was a brand new formulation at the time.

gamechangers in synthetics:

Aldron (2-methyl-5-(5,5,6-trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]hept-2-yl)cyclohexanone; CAS# 68901-22-4) is an animalic note with elements of amber, tonkin and musk. Individual perception varies between a clean woody scent and animalic sweatlike impression. Aldron is also highly diffusive and features a powerfully lingering character, and can add a warm, sensual aspect to woody and musky notes in fragrances

sclareolate—a non allergenic, clary, sage, green, fresh building block note that can be used as a terpene extender;
    fructalate—a long-lasting fruity, berry, apple note that can be used for a booster effect for citrus, aromatic and fruity notes; low cost allows use in any application area;
    romandolide—an alicyclic musk with berry top notes that can be used as a PCM replacer; accents fruity notes with cost performance;
    norlimbanol—a dry, woody, amber note with strength and performance in all applications; a key ingredient in many successful Firmenich fine fragrances;
    dartanol— a clean, sophisticated, sandalwood note with excellent cost performance in all applications;
    koumalactone—a powerful molecule that smells of coconut milk, tonka bean, tobacco, coumarin; can be used as a coumarin replacer in gourmand notes; available for use in covering base odors in functional perfumery;
    buchu oil, aged—nature’s marriage of blackcurrant and minty notes, less terpenic and much more stable than the standard oil;
    ambranum—reminiscent of Amber 83, a classic amber note, clear codisillate of balsams and other ingredients;
    fireco treemoss and oakmoss—two moss-free reconstitutions addressing IFRA’s atranol and chloroatranol restrictions, clear liquid and one-to-one replacement to moss absolutes;
    and leather MD—an IFRA-compliant, low-PAH alternative to birch tar oil and pyrogeneous wood extracts, with very potent smoky leathery notes.
    Last edited by outline; 15th April 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Hopefully something from Creed.

YSL, maybe, but I doubt because they already have 3+ fragrances on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    It makes you smell like a Jaffa or a chocolate orange. Its name is no misnomer - surprisingly potent, too. I don't really like Jaffas but if you want to smell like one, definitely grab this. It is bang on target.

The Ginger Biscuit, for which I held the lowest expectations, turned out to be the best of the range. I hate ginger snap biscuits but the ginger and spice in this was not a heavy, grating accord, rather it made this cologne perfectly wearable and not too gourmandish.

The Elderflower & Gooseberry was the second best for me. Certainly very unique juice.

I had the highest hopes for Redcurrant & Cream but it was just too soft and needed a brighter, stronger berry note that would last - it dries down to a fairly nondescript creamy scent. Still, the opening was lovely.

Lemon Tart is hands-down the biggest disappointment. It lacked the sweetness I was hoping to find, and smells a lot like any other cheap lemon cologne, only this stuff ain't cheap.
    Thanks for the short reviews, haven't found much on these yet. The Elderflower one did look interesting, but also feminine, so I took it off my "to-test" list.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Thanks for the short reviews, haven't found much on these yet. The Elderflower one did look interesting, but also feminine, so I took it off my "to-test" list.
    If you're going to be somewhere where you can test the Sugar & Spice range, definitely try the Elderflower.
    It's not very feminine, in fact I think behind the Choc Orange one it's the most masculine of the lot, but of course as with most Malones, the collection is at best unisex and trending towards the feminine.
    Definitely not the type of frag that I'd feel odd wearing.

Guerlainista

How about a new Guerlain masculine? Wasser been kicking ass lately. I think its time for him to take a shot at creating a classic of the future. Keeping my fingers crossed ...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/323...Coming-in-2013

- - - Updated - - -

Oops. Just re-read that thread and saw that Mr. G commented that it has been delayed to 2014, supposedly because they are releasing too much new stuff already.

I hope its actually because Wasser is trying to make a badass masculine for the ages. He's been in the job about as long as JP was when he made Habit Rouge, no?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    a key ingredient in many successful Firmenich fine fragrances
    Thanks! I always like hearing about aromachemicals.

Are we talking fine here as in fine chemicals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine_chemical

or fine dining?

I am interested in Bond no.9 take on Aventus whats the name of it www.bond.com or something.