Code of Conduct

Default Frank No. 2 Los Angeles

Does anyone happen to know if Frank No. 2 Los Angeles has been discontinued? I emailed LuckyScent asking and they never wrote me back (side note - kind of disappointed by this.) LuckyScents' website has all Frank Los Angeles fragrances marked as 'out of stock.' IMO one of the best bargains, period. It would be a real shame to see this one go. It was my first 'niche' purchase, so it's got some sentimental value.

Default Re: Frank No. 2 Los Angeles

Why not give them a call and ask? I'm sure they'll be able to inform you.

I sent them an email and will follow up with a phone call if I don't hear from them in the next few days. Thought someone may have heard something here before I receive a response. Really stinks if they have been discontinued. I really enjoyed No. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Why not give them a call and ask? I'm sure they'll be able to inform you.

I read somewhere a while back the line was being re-done. So yeah, each scent was discontinued I believe. It's been a while though, so don't quote me on that.

Bummer. I'll follow up, if and when I hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I read somewhere a while back the line was being re-done. So yeah, each scent was discontinued I believe. It's been a while though, so don't quote me on that.

Their website says spring 2013. They've been gone for a while, but it look like they're coming back soon.

http://www.franklosangeles.com/

From LuckyScent finally: "Thank you for your e-mail. Do not worry, Frank 2 is not discontinued! However, there is a bit of a production delay as they re-package the product. I just received an update yesterday that it should be back in stock towards the end of May."

Good news rynegne! Hopefully they're still priced at $65, but that probably won't be the case. They definitely needed to revamp their packaging, their bottles were nothing more than a glorified decant.

I agree, but the juice inside is something I really really enjoy. I'd have no problems paying the $65 for a 50ml. The bottle really does currently distract from what's inside..which I think may have kept a few people from finding out about his hidden gem!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Good news rynegne! Hopefully they're still priced at $65, but that probably won't be the case. They definitely needed to revamp their packaging, their bottles were nothing more than a glorified decant.

Yeah, hopefully they'll bring it back soon. At $65 it's a bargain. I found it reminded me of a coffee-gourmand version of egoiste. Nice stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Yeah, hopefully they'll bring it back soon. At $65 it's a bargain. I found it reminded me of a coffee-gourmand version of egoiste. Nice stuff.
    If they're repackaging, expect the price to go up.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

In another thread I asked about plum. Frank no.2 was suggeated by several members. Alas, it is not availabe anywhere I could find.

But today on the way to get a tattoo finished I stopped in the Lush Beauty Bar here in Portland. I have read that they had a few unusual brands. Low and behold they had Frank no. 1 and no. 2. I sniffed both and bought one of the 2 remaining bottles of no. 2. Happy!!! Can't wait to wear it.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

You will enjoy No. 2, it is definitely in my top 10 and one of the top niche's I have purchased...Best bang for your buck...I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    In another thread I asked about plum. Frank no.2 was suggeated by several members. Alas, it is not availabe anywhere I could find.

But today on the way to get a tattoo finished I stopped in the Lush Beauty Bar here in Portland. I have read that they had a few unusual brands. Low and behold they had Frank no. 1 and no. 2. I sniffed both and bought one of the 2 remaining bottles of no. 2. Happy!!! Can't wait to wear it.

Your heart must have skipped a beat there.
    That feeling when you hear your that the
    fragrance you adore has changed formulation
    or discontinued, shudders*

I sniffed both and bought one of the 2 remaining bottles of no. 2. Happy!!! Can't wait to wear it.
    That's awesome! I'd love to hear how your first time wearing it goes as I haven't had the chance to try these yet, and I really want to.

I did not enjoy Frank 2. It was harsh. However, I am a fan of Frank #3. I have two bottles of it.

Basenotes Plus

Just called Blush Beauty Portland and bought the original and #2. Thanks Akahina for the info If anyone knows where to obtain #3, please do share. Yay.

I like #2, never tried #3

#3 is alright, kinda smells like Polo Blue. I need to try #1.

I guess I won't be buying that second bottle...

;-)

Glad it went to someone on Basenotes that wanted it!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Basenotes Plus

I guess I won't be buying that second bottle...

;-)

Glad it went to someone on Basenotes that wanted it!
    Haha... for real? Let me know if you run low on it and I'll send you a decant :P

Thanks again as hot info like this would be utilized fast by a frag head like me.

It's all good. I will not need a decant and I really am glad it went to a basenoter! I bet they wonder though why the call came in. They have just a few selected lines and the owner said she wants to carry things nobody else has. I did tell the owner she should look into Slumberhouse and she was excited about that after I told her he was local and that I was a collector. Even wrote the name down. Maybe I should open a niche fragrance house...hmmm...

- - - Updated - - -

After wearing Frank No. 2 for a couple of days I must say I enjoy this a great deal. Longevity is nice and the scent progresses into a bit of plum in the middle to sort of a standard woody scent. Very wearable. But I want more plum! This is not a plum heavy scent. Maybe Dark Purple...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

@Akahina: don't blind buy Dark Purple, sample it first. The plum is there, but subdued under the typical Montale rose blast. It's not the plum overload that you seek.

Good advice as I have almost pushed the "buy" button several times. Not sure I want the Montale rose in there. Maybe what I seek does not exist. More searching!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense