Last edited by cairomerta; 17th April 2013 at 03:24 AM.
Ooh, glorious! I am so envious, why don't I ever score anything like that? Please do report on the smell. I have never smelled truly vintage Tabac Blond, I only have the recent parfum, that starts wonderfully, then loses itself.
Wow that's beautiful. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
How awesome is that!
Tabac Blond used to be phenomenal. That's a great acquisition.
Whoa, amazing haul, vintage Tabac just seems like a completely different fragrance compared to the newer Tabac Blond you can get.
Summer 2013 Top 10 :
1. Creed Aventus
2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
4. Bleu de Chanel
5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
8. Diesel Green Masculine
9. Terre d'Hermes
10. Guerlain Homme
Are you going to share the story of the acquisition? These babies don't grow on trees.
And, of course, we want to hear about the smell as well!
Major congrats! What a find indeed.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
How wonderful! A really wonderful find. Thank You for posting the pictures. It's great even just to see them. Enjoy.....
Lets hope it doesn't smell like paint stripper!
Never seen that bottle before.
I'm green with envy.
"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"
-- Eckhart Tolle
May I touch you?
Congratulations for a truly impressive, fabulously great find.
Thanks everyone! This version is a different animal than todays Tabac Blond.
I am a big fan of the current tabac blond but this Vintage is an experience. I always hear people say that a scent is an emotion or so on but never understood it. This vintage Tabac blond really does transport you to a time long ago simply because you don't smell things like this anymore.
It is really hard to explain but this sent is oily, waxy and damp at the same time. It has a richness that you don't find in scents today. You will be happy to note that todays Tabac blond does share some similarities but they are more of a ghost of its past. The scent is very warm almost smelling like really warmed up skin in the summer...but potent. A little goes a long way. This is truly like an aged scotch. There is a real difference between the two. I always wonder if this scent smelled this way back when it was fresh or did the age and time make it that much more deep and rich... almost buttery.
I think this bottle is the older of the two versions I have seen. The new (meaning probable 50's and 60') has the same look but says Tabac Blond on that front sun dial looking sticker. So I would figure this to be older that that.
Wow. Did the bottles come from an estate sale? Nice pickup. We know who the smell good guy is in your neighborhood! Martin
1. Epic Man by Amouage (26 wears)
2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (25 wears)
3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (20 wears)
4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (16 wears)
5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (16 wears)
6. Fate Man by Amouage (14 wears)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
I think we are all dying to know where you scored those from man! Its rare to even see a picture of the vintage original around here. Regale us with your tale!!!! Please!