Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Wednesday 17th April 2013

17 April already. Crikey, isn't the year flying by?

POAL for lunch with a friend at the Charles Rennie McIntosh House for an Art Lover. The idea was to dine outside but it's raining cats and dogs!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 17th April 2013

You said it, Foustie - wasn't it just Christmas?!

Hello everyone, Pacifica Island Vanilla for me, a vanilla that's simple yet with just enough interest (accents of jasmine, tea, a wisp of smoke) to keep one from nodding off.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

By Kilian Pure Oud.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. SotD is Penhaligon's Endymion.

As a proud Yorkshireman, I'd better keep my trap firmly shut over all the pomp and pageantry going on in London this morning. Suffice to say the television will be staying off.

Happy hump day all
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th April 2013 at 10:41 AM.

Hello lovelies! I feel as if I had plunged into a whirlpool the past week with friends from all over the globe popping in to say hi. Some of them I've not seen in over a decade! Friends from Hawaii are coming over next week to stay for a month and I'll be busy getting things organised for that.

SOTD: None, as I will be attending a Kodo ceremony this evening at the Conran Shop. Haven't attended one

incense.jpg since my grandmother was still around. An email I received in preparation of it states; no perfume or hot pants... as if one would lol
    Do happy

Nejma II by Pascal Morabito

Bonjour Mesdames!
    Happy Birthday, Coconut!

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    As a proud Yorkshireman, I'd better keep my trap firmly shut over all the pomp and pageantry going on in London this morning. Suffice to say the television will be staying off.
    Not even watching the live stream on the BBC website ?
    Non-UKers might be interested to learn that the song 'Ding, dong, the witch is dead' from the Wizard of Oz made it to No.2 in the official UK pop charts this week. I'm saying nothing.

Yesterday I wore Chypre Palatin from a sample ( Kiliwia), today I'm wearing Sycomore which is much more 'me'.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 17th April 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Silver Musk Nasomatto
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Not even watching the live stream on the BBC website ?
    Non-UKers might be interested to learn that the song 'Ding, dong, the witch is dead' from the Wizard of Oz made it to No.2 in the official UK pop charts this week. I'm saying nothing.

Pretty appalling really - I may not be shedding any tears, but I can't understand the mentality of anyone openly gloating.

What did you think of the Chypre Palatin, G ? - I only had a brief sniff in Fortnums recently but it seemed like a quality composition.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning all!

I've been using more lavender lately-- body washes, lotions... a homemade roll-on with lavender essential oil in an oil base...

I don't know why, but I'm finding it grounding.

I'll be taking my daughter to PT again today and later on, my final class for training to tutor literacy. And until then, hemming/shortening some pants for my mother.

I also ignored the TV earlier, but since I run a large forum I couldn't avoid the overwhelming anger that people have been aiming at each other this morning, and ever since Baroness Thatcher died.

I'm grounding myself with Cabochard today

Let's hope that everybody calms down about it all now.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Ted Lapidus Pour Lui

Hello all. SpaceNK In Peace.
    DONNA

What did you think of the Chypre Palatin, G ? - I only had a brief sniff in Fortnums recently but it seemed like a quality composition.
    I too had only sniffed it briefly at F&M before receiving samples on Monday. It seems well done : juicy, sweetish citrus + greens > slightly powdery florals on a benzoin / costus base. Some smokiness in there, also. I can understand its appeal, even if it doesn't grab me. PM me if you'd like a sample.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

The ultra suave/ultra smooth Richard James today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Tom Ford Cafe Rose

So much poopy going on, I wouldn't know where to start.....so I won't.

Missed you all.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Good morning everyone.

I'm wearing my sample of Ormonde Jayne Woman today. I needed a shot of something lovely to deal with a rotten day. I really love this scent, and it's definitely a front runner for my full bottle splurge in May.

Sacrebleu reminds me a lot of where A Lab on Fire's What We do in Paris is Secret would have been with a little time to mature. Still a lot of vanilla and honeyed fruit smoothie, but more nuanced and layered, and less in-your-face.

A good sunny-day scent.

Good morning, everyone -

I'm in Chanel Beige again ...finally, a Chanel fragrance that's great at the beach ...so naturally, I'm already thinking of it as Chanel Beach, lol. But honestly, that makes a lot more sense to me as it doesn't smell beige at all. This is a cheerful and breezy tropical floral from start to finish, and color-wise much more like vivid coral frangipani ...which also sounds prettier.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Neil Morris City Rain this morning. Nice. Has already blown through the very flowery opening and is in the slightly papery smelling, well, I have to agree with the description, wet concrete but good. World washed clean and sunshine smell.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Happy Birthday, Coconut!

(((Lilybelle))), wishing you good luck with selling your house! It doesn't sound like much fun having to be ready to show your house at anytime, yikes!

Gandhajala, sorry the Chypre Palatin didn't work better for you, but considering how much a bottle costs, maybe it was a good thing.

SotM is Blackberry & Bay.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 17th April 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Happy Birthday to Coconut. How are you doing my dear friend?

K
    's snowstorm is here and co-incidentally, I am enjoying a two day off break from my both jobs. It had to be happening: all this time and nowhere to go because of bad weather, will do a small roast beast and Dr.G's world famous carrot cake. Will cuddle with Mr.T, he is long overdue for a smidgen of tenderness. Will go to the library too, my new list for 2013 is ready (I know it is mid-April!) so they can ILL me whatever I fancy.

elizrj, please please buy it. Yes, it costs a significant chunk of dough, but who counts when the well-being and overall joy are being involved? Besides, it is always better to regret something that has been done than not!

Another day in Bottega Veneta.

PS: Naughty naughty E.! *kiss*

Sampling Boutonniere No. 7 by Arquiste.

One Man Show, vintage

Today I am wearing a swipe of Authentic Mysore Sandalwood that I bought a few ounces of to see which of my compositions would enjoy it's company. Guffaw! This stuff is WONDEROUS. Oh Souk, I may have found you a new friend.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    I also ignored the TV earlier, but since I run a large forum I couldn't avoid the overwhelming anger that people have been aiming at each other this morning, and ever since Baroness Thatcher died. Let's hope that everybody calms down about it all now.
    I agree - the whole thing has gone completely OTT over the past few days. Fingers crossed that the furore will subside, everyone will mellow down, and the iron lady can rust in peace.

SotE - 10 Corso Como EDP.

Good afternoon.

Being overwhelmed by Mohur in an unpleasantly hot day
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Hello all, & Happy Birthday Coconut!

Evangeline, because of you l am going to have to give Beige a sniff now. The name puts me off, but if l think of it as Chanel Beach it might help!

Wore Gardenia Petale for work today, now l'm revisiting my sample of Tubereuse 3, from the back of the wardrobe.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Evangeline, because of you l am going to have to give Beige a sniff now. The name puts me off, but if l think of it as Chanel Beach it might help!
    It's the name that means that I could never wear it with my face straight too. My family use the word 'beige' as an insult, as in 'well, it's nice enough, but it's all a bit, you know beige' for when something is not really worthy of comment or attention.

And that was before Jeremy Clarkson started equating it with MPVs and the loss of any sort of style...
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

.... and the iron lady can rust in peace.
    Oh that is so droll Jon. Guffawed out loud. Couldn't help it.

G and J, I think that Chypre Palatin is very beautiful.

I'm going to stick with the POAL this evening. It's beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    (((Lilybelle))), wishing you good luck with selling your house! It doesn't sound like much fun having to be ready to show your house at anytime, yikes!
    The realtor phoned this morning and apologized. He said that wasn't supposed to happen until after the open house on Saturday. So somebody got a sneak peak, which is fine. Maybe it will generate some buzz (fingers crossed). Actually, I'm getting into the spirit of things, disengaging from the house. I like it looking all generic and staged. The thing that is no fun now is going through each and every one of my personal possessions and figuring out what to do about them. You know, we really need so little. I keep trying to remind myself of that. We had the exterior of the house powerwashed today. It's all shiny and new looking now. They're about to leave now so I can go out and do some errands. They had my car blocked in but I didn't want to ask them to stop and move their van.

SotD is Eau de Givenchy.

My first iris bud is now in full bloom, with others on the way. It is a purple, fancy one

TDC Bois d'Iris

Hear, hear Jon! Gives a whole new meaning to R.I.P.
    I am revisiting Asprey's Purple Water and not finding it
    any more long-lasting than the last time I tried it. It is all
    over in the space of half-an-hour.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hooray for cello's first fancy purple iris of the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Yeah, don't let the name fool you, it's really not very "beige", to my nose at least ...which, don't get me wrong, I don't think would be a bad thing at all. I actually really like the idea of a chic and sophisticated "beige" fragrance, I just don't think it'd be a lush and sweet tropical floral. It initially reminded me somewhat of Beach Alien, though more in attitude than actual notes, I would think.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    It's the name that means that I could never wear it with my face straight too. My family use the word 'beige' as an insult, as in 'well, it's nice enough, but it's all a bit, you know beige' for when something is not really worthy of comment or attention.

And that was before Jeremy Clarkson started equating it with MPVs and the loss of any sort of style...
    That's exactly how l feel! l remember Billy Connolly's routine about "wee beige people" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Oh that is so droll Jon. Guffawed out loud. Couldn't help it.
    Me too. Couldn't help it either.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Looking mighty fine, Mrs E - do you wear that outfit for tennis ?

Happy Birthday, coconut!

Lilybelle, best of luck on the house sale! Here's to a happy and exciting new stage of life!

What a funny bunch you are today! I have a feeling Mr.E would not let Evangeline loose in that tennis outfit!

Iris 39 for me today, hugs to all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Looking mighty fine, Mrs E - do you wear that outfit for tennis ?
    Lol ...sure, why not? Just have to add the right accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    What a funny bunch you are today! I have a feeling Mr.E would not let Evangeline loose in that tennis outfit!
    Well, you're probably right ...then again, he can't always be home to monitor my sartorial choices, hehe.

Haha, E.! Well now, if you have the matching tennis accessories, I think you have to wear the outfit out of the house! It is Chanel after all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lol! Well, don't you worry - I won't have to resort to that. Chanel has it covered.

And it's pretty!

You girls (and JR) make me grin from one ear to another here in our Winter Wonderland.

SL Chergui for the afternoon. Why did I always think I do not like it?

West Side by Bond No. 9
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

What I've Been Wearing:

Hello,

Trouble for me today!

Theorema Esprit d'Ete for me. It's cloudy and grey here, hoping for some rain or snow.

Lots of decanting so a bit of this and a bit of that. Mostly...Decou-Vert and Un Jardin en Mediterranee with a little Illuminated Perfume Impromptu.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTE: Tauer, LDDM.

Vintage Fendi by Fendi

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

Slumberhouse Jeke

Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!