Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Best bond for men (mainly me : ) )

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andy Warhol

3 7.32%
  • New Harlem

20 48.78%
  • Bleeker Street

10 24.39%
  • Success is a job for New York

3 7.32%
  • Hot Always

1 2.44%
  • Silver Factory

6 14.63%
  • New York Oud

8 19.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Help me choose a bond frag. (all thoughts welcome) POLL!

*EDIT: I WILL POST MY CONCLUSION AS WELL TO HELP OTHERS*

I have been researching the best cologne I can buy. I have tried several the things I am really looking for is projection and longevity. I am not just looking for a cologne that smells good but where people (girls mainly) will be attracted to it. I am single guy, and I just want to have that "whats he wearing" thing about me. And I want it to be something that is my own.

I dont just want something smells good and clean, but that is attention grabbing as well.

Two colognes that I have tried that I got that response with were lexington avenue, and Agar Musk (not bond). Both I like, but Lexington ave is my roomates' signature fragrance, and he wont let me buy it .

Agar Musk is really good and the main sent is oud. I also think I like patchouli. I am thinking that might be the type of sent I am looking for because I really like and have got compliments with the Andy Warhol Bond as well. That brings me to the list.

So I have done a lot of research and here is my list. I welcome any input, advise and suggestions (even if not on the list).
    LISTED IN ORDER OF MY INTEREST LEVEL:

1. Andy Warhol (main accords: oud, balmy, sweet) - have worn got good response personally enjoy.

2. New Harlem (main accords: coffee, vanilla, spicy) - never tried it but is by far the most suggested for men.

3. Bleeker street (main accords: fruity, woody, ozonic, aquatic) - Have only smelled it never tried it.

4. Success is a Job in New York (main accords: vanilla, floral, spicy) - love this, compliments when i wore it

5. Hot always (main accords: animalic, warm, spicy) - never smelled it but read a lot of good things sounds interesting

6. Silver Factory ( main accords: balmy, smoky, woody) - smelled it and thought it was good but dint blow me away.

7. New york Oud (main accords: rose, oud, spicy) - have yet to smell this but the description is captivating

***honorable mentions that I havent smelled: Eau de Noho, westside, chinatwon, wallstreet
    s a side not I have tried riverside, chezbond, and Hamptons none of which are what I am looking for. ***
    Last edited by megastahr; 17th April 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Help me choose a bond frag. (all thoughts welcome) POLL!

If you want an attention grabber definitely go for New Haarlem as it's projection is BEAST MODE!!!!

My personal favorite from those you suggested is Bleecker St. my overall favorite Bond no.9 is Brooklyn. These are the only two I own full bottles of.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy warhol but it has been discontinued
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Yah thats what everyone says...I haven't smelled it yet...but main accords dont seem like anything I have seen in other colognes I liked. I guess ill just have to smell it. By far the most compliments I have got from colognes are lexington ave, agur musk, and andy warhol ... I am in a suit a lot so lean more towards those smells then the fruity. Not sure on the coffee one yet though : )...ill go by saks tonight or tomorrow and leave my feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Smelly Scientist View Post
    Andy warhol but it has been discontinued
    I KNOW! buttt you can still get it online. And my roommate has this so he would sell it to me just to keep my from buying lexington ave lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Try them all and sample them all before buying any.

When I was looking for a Bond, Wall Street and Sag Harbour were my favourites from the entire range on the paper test. I sampled Wall Street and it smelt entirely different on my skin and didn't last 3 hours. Sag Harbour smelt far more feminine on my skin than on paper also.

Out of that list I would say Andy Warhol as you've tried it and liked it.

oh and with " I KNOW!!" I just meant I was mad that it was discontinued : )

New Haarlem

Post Thanks / Like

Wall Street lasts all day on me, I have absolutely no issues with its longevity. Generally, I get about 10-12 hours with Wall Street. I've gotten many compliments while wearing it, if that's what your looking for...It's a different take on aquatics. Give it a try, if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    Try them all and sample them all before buying any.

When I was looking for a Bond, Wall Street and Sag Harbour were my favourites from the entire range on the paper test. I sampled Wall Street and it smelt entirely different on my skin and didn't last 3 hours. Sag Harbour smelt far more feminine on my skin than on paper also.

Out of that list I would say Andy Warhol as you've tried it and liked it.

Bleecker Street may very well be my favorite from Bond No. 9, and gets more compliments than anything I own (other than Aventus).
    New Haarlem lasts forever, and also gets noticed. May be too sweet for some, but it is also a great fragrance.

New York Oud and New York Amber - These are BEASTS for longevity and projection. If you want to be noticed from a distance, these are your scents. However, these are also much more polarizing than the ones I mentioned above, so certainly give them a few test drives first.

Silver Factory - Personally, I like this one, but there are others that do this better.
    HOT Always - Horrible. However I am not a fan of civet. Neither are most women I know - but you will certainly get the "What is he wearing" with this - but not in a good way usually. Harsh and skanky. If you are looking for an 80's style powerhouse, this may be what you are looking for.
    Success is a Job in New York - Very nice. A little underrated, but not quite the fragrance to wear if you are looking for female compliments from my experience, but a very nice fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Wall Street lasts all day on me, I have absolutely no issues with its longevity. Generally, I get about 10-12 hours with Wall Street. I've gotten many compliments while wearing it, if that's what your looking for...It's a different take on aquatics. Give it a try, if you haven't already.
    Interesting I might have to add it. Thank you for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Bleecker Street may very well be my favorite from Bond No. 9, and gets more compliments than anything I own (other than Aventus).
    New Haarlem lasts forever, and also gets noticed. May be too sweet for some, but it is also a great fragrance.

New York Oud and New York Amber - These are BEASTS for longevity and projection. If you want to be noticed from a distance, these are your scents. However, these are also much more polarizing than the ones I mentioned above, so certainly give them a few test drives first.

Silver Factory - Personally, I like this one, but there are others that do this better.
    HOT Always - Horrible. However I am not a fan of civet. Neither are most women I know - but you will certainly get the "What is he wearing" with this - but not in a good way usually. Harsh and skanky. If you are looking for an 80's style powerhouse, this may be what you are looking for.
    Success is a Job in New York - Very nice. A little underrated, but not quite the fragrance to wear if you are looking for female compliments from my experience, but a very nice fragrance.
    awesome it sounds like you know exactly what I am looking for...Aventus is definitely in play as I get a ton of compliments on that. But I actually know several people that wear it. I want that response, but also it be something different. Bond is fairly uncommon in my circles it seems. Aside from my roommate who is addicted to frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post

I agree completely with you assesment. And Hot Always is indeed horrible! My favorite of the bunch is NY Oud. Also love Coney Island in the summer.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Ok I havent even got one vote on HOT. So I can take that one off I guess. ha

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

new york oud is nasty.

go with bleecker or new haarlem, preferably haarlem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Wall Street lasted 4 hours on me and smelt like stale marina water with a metallic note in it. Me girlfriend hated it, and I wasn't best keen on it.

It must work better with your skin chemistry.

Post Thanks / Like

My faves:

Success Is A Job In New York
    Chez Bond
    Gramercy Park
    I Love NY For All
    Saks Fifth Avenue For Him
    West Side
    New Haarlem

New Haarlem followed by I Love NY for All..follow by Bleecker and Brooklyn.

Quote Originally Posted by LoPsOrange View Post
    New Haarlem followed by I Love NY for All..follow by Bleecker and Brooklyn.
    Getting nh and bleeker st samples tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

I guess so, I always get compliments when I wear this stuff. It's a marine scent, so I get the stale marina. I mostly get cucumber/ambregris/ozone/kale, which at first I wasn't a huge fan of...but I applied less and I've liked it a lot since.

The only other one I've tried and enjoyed of the Bonds is Eau de New York...

Quote Originally Posted by HAllen View Post
    Wall Street lasted 4 hours on me and smelt like stale marina water with a metallic note in it. Me girlfriend hated it, and I wasn't best keen on it.

It must work better with your skin chemistry.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy Warhol and NY Oud are the only ones worth owning.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-

*CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais, Oud Fleur, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

New Haarlem is probably my favorite Bond and New York Oud is next from your list. Bleecker Street is nice but that's really all that it is. It's nothing special really.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Help me choose a bond frag. (all thoughts welcome) POLL!

harlem, what were you thing of ?

I wore andy warhol last night and got compliments....honestly do you think it smells kinda like dunhill desire? lol

- - - Updated - - -

haha I havent even smelled this one yet...but it is by far the winner on the polls. I know you guys know way more than me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    New Haarlem is probably my favorite Bond and New York Oud is next from your list. Bleecker Street is nice but that's really all that it is. It's nothing special really.
    I smelled bleecker and kinda thought that but havent tried it on yet so i was assuming it got better once it was on.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I went to saks on my lunch break and put Bleecker st on one hand and New Harlem on the other.

The ladies at my worked freaked out over both when I got back...but the edge is New Harlem.

I smelled all the others and Westside is pretty good too, and its not given much love. The OUD is GREAT...but its also 30% more.

All in all I agree with the mass opinion of New Harlem, Bleeker and OUD are the best.

Post Thanks / Like

New York oud and New York amber are my faves, followed by cooper square, Wall Street and Chez bond . I never tried new Harlem

Post Thanks / Like

West Side.

Smells like a little girl's doll.

for swap/sale: