Code of Conduct

Default Bleu De Chanel Longevity and Projection

I recently purchased BDC. I do enjoy the scent BUT it seems that after maybe an hour or 2, it becomes a skin scent. Maybe my nose just gets used to it but I don't get the occasional whiff every now and then. also when I put my nose to the spot that I sprayed, I can still smell it for maybe 6 hours or so but it is faint after the first 1-2 hours.

Anyone else?

Default Re: Bleu De Chanel Longevity and Projection

Actually I don't personally have any problems with this scent.

Blog Entries

For a fresh and modern scent, Bleu's longevity is above average, and the projection is very good on my skin.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It is a fantastic, modern scent. But I too, have experienced problems with projection. It stays rather close to my skin but I do enjoy it so.

Most scents are stronger the first 1-3 hours then move closer to the skin over time. Unless you're talking about Lutens, Slumberhouse...more powerful fragrances that are of higher concentration.

Good longevity on skin/clothing, but not much projection after half an hour for me.

Average, not just in longevity but all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    It is a fantastic, modern scent. But I too, have experienced problems with projection. It stays rather close to my skin but I do enjoy it so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Good longevity on skin/clothing, but not much projection after half an hour for me.

Basically what I am experiencing.

The projection is weak with this one....hoooooo

If this projects a half an hour on your skin you either have a fake bottle or a need to get some tissue and blow your nose. Women love this and it gets a ton of compliments. Just that should tell you that it projects and lasts enough to be recognized by others. It's not a beast, but it's also by no means weak.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If this projects a half an hour on your skin you either have a fake bottle or a need to get some tissue and blow your nose. Women love this and it gets a ton of compliments. Just that should tell you that it projects and lasts enough to be recognized by others. It's not a beast, but it's also by no means weak.
    +1 to this ^ ^ ^

I even get better longevity when I wear it at night... I could still smell it when I wake up in the morning. Maybe some people have a very dry skin?

Projection and longevity are above average for me.

Most Chanel fragrances tend to be very good with longevity, and a little light with projection.

BdC actually projects better than most other Chanel's that I own. And like the others, longevity is quite good.

Longevity and projection is very good on my skin . I tend to have problems with longevity and projection , but not this one

How many sprays are you all using?
    Maybe I should bump up the number. I usually do 1 on chest, 1 on forearm, and 1 on neck.

I have obnoxiously well projection with Bleu De Chanel. I've had several cashiers compliment me as well as people sitting across the table. Ironically, I have huge issues with projection on Le Male unless I really cake it on (bottle bought at Dillard's) Lasts 16+ hours though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    Maybe I should bump up the number. I usually do 1 on chest, 1 on forearm, and 1 on neck.
    Try two on each side of the neck and two at the base of the neck. I tend to skip arm sprays. Scents don't seem to last long there and I feel like I waste sprays.

both huge but I happy trigger it!

Blog Entries

For daytime use, I do at least 4 sprays: 2 neck (1 for each side), 1 chest, 1 back.

Last edited by del; 18th April 2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: added a number

I will be testing this fragrance in the next couple of weeks so I'll be sure to report the projection #s at that time
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Projection and longevity are above average for me.
    Same here.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Both longevity and projection of Bleu are great for me.

A spray on the shirt always does the trick for me, as far as longevity goes.

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Both longevity and projection of Bleu are great for me.
    For me as well
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

3 full sprays and I'm good all day.

Projection is very strong on me. It also comes off as a bit sneezy to my nose. I probably wouldn't wear this as I suspect it would irritate those around me.

12+ hours especially now that it's getting hot...projects quite good

I recently purchased BDC. I do enjoy the scent BUT it seems that after maybe an hour or 2, it becomes a skin scent. Maybe my nose just gets used to it but I don't get the occasional whiff every now and then. also when I put my nose to the spot that I sprayed, I can still smell it for maybe 6 hours or so but it is faint after the first 1-2 hours.

Anyone else?
    Did you try applying nonscented lotion on before spraying on BDC? The lotion helps with projection depending on your skin type. Personally, BDC prejects on my skin and the warmer it gets the my it projects.

Basenotes Plus

I hate to revive a thread but I bought this a couple of weeks ago and give it my first full wearing today. The longevity and projection on my skin was awful. 3 hours MAX and I am being generous. I am going to give it another go tomorrow. It may be due to the fact that it was 95 degrees here today, I was outside running with my son all day, and I was dehydrated from drinking last night. I hope it performs much better tomorrow.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

I have to believe this has been reformulated. My bottle has decent performance, but when I recently tried what's out there now, it seemed noticeably weaker. My bottle performs about as well as the new Parfum.

I will second this. I have a decant from a department store for testing, wore this today and based off my experience will not be purchasing.

VERY light longevity and TERRIBLE projection. Unfortunate experience.

I'm curious if the "weaker" bottles are the newer ones labeled Eau de toilette on the front of the bottle. I have one that isn't label and have no complaints with the projection and longevity.

Basenotes Plus

I don't know what the original formulation was like but I can tell you that this juice's performance is awful. I reapplied some to the inside of my arm about 2 hours ago and I have to move my nose to my arm in order to smell it. It does not even give 2 inches of projection from my skin. I should have known because the spray was extremely watery. One spray to any part of the body and juice is running everywhere! It is really very frustrating. I have not had performance issues with any fragrance in quite some time. The last time I made a purchase and had performance issues this bad was when I bought a large bottle of Fierce about a year and a half ago. This is exactly why I ventured into niche territory. Not because I believe niche to be better, but on average, they perform way better(at least for me). There are a few exceptions but for the most part, that is how it is for me. Also, this is why it is sooooooo important to purchase a fragrance you really like as soon as its released!
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Not sure if my bottle is reformulated or not, but I always thought this was rather fleeting. I wore this to work the other day, came home 9 hours later and my girl complimented me from a couple of feet away. For me it is gone in a couple of hours but others are sure smelling this many hours later.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Not sure if my bottle is reformulated or not, but I always thought this was rather fleeting. I wore this to work the other day, came home 9 hours later and my girl complimented me from a couple of feet away. For me it is gone in a couple of hours but others are sure smelling this many hours later.
    Maybe its olfactory fatigue. I had the same issues with Aventus sometime ago. I guess I will keep wearing it and maybe things will change.
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Maybe its olfactory fatigue. I had the same issues with Aventus sometime ago. I guess I will keep wearing it and maybe things will change.
    I agree and also have the same issue with Aventus. My olfactory with Bleu has never improved just when my girl complimented me 9 hours later I knew it was me.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    I agree and also have the same issue with Aventus. My olfactory with Bleu has never improved just when my girl complimented me 9 hours later I knew it was me.
    I don’t get olfactory fatigue with other fragrances, but I’ll see—I applied 6 sprays 2 hours ago and I’m picking up 2in projection. My girlfriend will be here in 45 minutes so I will see what I get out of this stuff 6 sprays and 3 hours in from a fresh nose perspective.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ensitmike View Post
    I don’t get olfactory fatigue with other fragrances, but I’ll see—I applied 6 sprays 2 hours ago and I’m picking up 2in projection. My girlfriend will be here in 45 minutes so I will see what I get out of this stuff 6 sprays and 3 hours in from a fresh nose perspective.
    Please do
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais

Girlfriend just confirmed—2-3 in of projection from 6 sprays 3 hours ago.

edit: and projection was about the same to me when she showed up as it was an hour after I applied. First hour gave me maybe 6-12inches of projection.
    Last edited by ensitmike; 27th October 2014 at 06:04 AM.

My husband purchased this about a month ago. Projection and longevity is terrible. Can barely smell it 2 hours after applying and have to bury my nose in his neck to smell it at all. I really don't think that both of us have olfactory fatigue. The bottle he has does not have edt on the front of it

Very average in the EDT version, several hours as the EDP flanker.

I have no problems with longevity or projection with my BdC bottle. It lasts quite long on my skin, and I have to watch how many sprays I put on because a friend of mi9ne complained about it being too strong once.

I sprayed it again 2 hours ago and it's still going strong.

So has BdC been reformulated? I know originally it was just BdC, but now Chanel makes a distinction between EDT and EDP versions, including actually writing the concentration on the bottle. Is it a safe assumption that the original BdC is NOT the same as the BdC Edt?

I'm considering buying a backup of the unmarked BdC while it's still around.

Quote Originally Posted by kirby1445 View Post
    So has BdC been reformulated? I know originally it was just BdC, but now Chanel makes a distinction between EDT and EDP versions, including actually writing the concentration on the bottle. Is it a safe assumption that the original BdC is NOT the same as the BdC Edt?

I'm considering buying a backup of the unmarked BdC while it's still around.
    My thoughts exactly. I have a bottle from 2012, so not sure. But it's quite possible that Chanel did this once the EDP version came out in order to appeal to more people.

I get 12 hours, 7-8 of them strong. Massive projection.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    I get 12 hours, 7-8 of them strong. Massive projection.
    There was definitely a reformulation or massive manufacturing error. This is simply impossible based on what I received.

There was definitely a reformulation or massive manufacturing error. This is simply impossible based on what I received.
    Sure you're not experiencing olfactory fatigue? I have yet to find a Chanel that was ever made weaker, except maybe Antaeus.

Quote Originally Posted by HankHarvey View Post
    Sure you're not experiencing olfactory fatigue? I have yet to find a Chanel that was ever made weaker, except maybe Antaeus.
    Almost positive. I never get olfactory fatigue unless I’m testing in a department store, and I am the guy up there ^ that even brought my girlfriend in for a second opinion.

2-3in of projection from 6 sprays 3 hours after application based on her fresh nose when she got to my house. I’m going to give it a shot again tonight just to be sure. I’ll apply an hour before she comes this time.

So the one with "Eau de Toilette" is the new EDT that has been reformulated and sucks, and the one without "Eau de Toilette" is pre-reformulation and is okay?. And the new EDP has worse performance than the pre-reformulated EDT? Amirite?
    Daytime
    Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    YSL L'Homme
    Terre d'HermŤs Parfum
    L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme

Nighttime
    Dior Homme Intense
    YSL La Nuit de L'Homme
    Bentley For Men Intense
    Midnight in Paris

'Tis better to buy a great fragrance at a cheap price, than a cheap fragrance at a great price...

Blog Entries

I'm wearing BdC today -- 4 sprays this morning, about 12 hours ago, and I can still smell it. I have the original EDT bottle without the print on the front. If I get extra cash, I'd get a 50ml original EDT bottle as a backup.

Almost positive. I never get olfactory fatigue unless I’m testing in a department store, and I am the guy up there ^ that even brought my girlfriend in for a second opinion.

2-3in of projection from 6 sprays 3 hours after application based on her fresh nose when she got to my house. I’m going to give it a shot again tonight just to be sure. I’ll apply an hour before she comes this time.
    Given the fact that BdC was issued as an EDP, it very well may be a weaker reform to differentiate from the EDP.