Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Which fragrance did you love at first sniff then hate it on the second?

Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme

Just fell in love with it the first time I tried it.
    Weeks later I put it on again, I almost threw up. made me so nauseous

Default Re: Which fragrance did you love at first sniff then hate it on the second?

Thankfully this has never happened to me.

Default Re: Which fragrance did you love at first sniff then hate it on the second?

I liked Terre d'Hermes at first and now I really dislike it.

Banned

yea I m not a big fan of Terre Dhermes either.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I had a similar experience with TdH. But I think my most dramatic turnaround was with Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey. I thought it was so great at first. Now there aren't many fragrances I like less than LEdI.

It wasn't love but I thought I liked He Wood, Lolita Lempicka (for her), Fuel For Life, 24 Gold, Devin, some of the newer Bogarts, Everlast Original, Lanvin Sport, Chevignon...

None so far...which is good as I end up buying FB as soon as I like a frag

Same here! Funny thing is my wife made exactly the same U-turn!
    Last edited by Letitbenose; 18th April 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Which fragrance did you love at first sniff then hate it on the second?

I sampled this one along with Tobacco Vanille
    Both smell like dog shit on a hot summer day.

Never happened to me.

Also in response to TdH, this is a weird fragrance sometimes I like it very much, other times I don't, but the more I wear it the more I am attracted to it is growing on me more and more.

I'm beginning to think the same for Terre d' Hermes as well, but only the EdT. Still like the Parfum very much.

Not sure if this is down to the alleged reformulation though...

A*Men

L`Air du Desert Marocain

Same with me. I moved the second bottle I bought on.

Costume National Homme

Interlude Man

Never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme

Just fell in love with it the first time I tried it.
    Weeks later I put it on again, I almost threw up. made me so nauseous
    I had a similar reaction to Eau Extreme, and 1 Million.

Aramis 900. Went and bought it.... Now makes me feel oddly nauseous.

Banned
    Blog Entries

ysl m7

Never had this happen yet...
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Not on second per say.. but I go back and forth on whether or not I like pure malt or not. I also am getting tired of la nuit, and new harlem as well and dont like them as much when I first got them.

Bond Little Italy. Heavy orange opening, godawful synth musk base.

I loved TDC - Oud Shamash at first. While I don't "hate" it, I suddenly only find it OK (my SotD in fact).

Funny so many people are saying TdH. I have a bottle (Parfum) and LOVED it for a while. The last few times I wore it I thought it was "off". It's not very old, but I thought something happened. So, I smelled by Montale Red Vetiver, and had the same "meh" feeling. Maybe my nose built up a tolerance or resistence to something in it that makes it smell different after a while? I hope it goes back to normal, because I really liked that one - and I have almost a full bottle!

Basenotes Member

I love A*Men, but sometimes, it doesn't love me back.

On occasions, I don't get the sweet but dark chocolate that I really like.

Versace The Dreamer and Man Eau Freisch...
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Loved Creed Royal Oud first sniff but kind of indifferent now after getting a sample. Won't be buying, thought it would be my first Creed purchase. Oh well.
    For Sale or Swap: Terre D'Hermes

My impression is that the most rewarding and worthwhile fragrances usually operate in the opposite order.

Chanel Edition Blanche. Love the top notes, despise the mid and base notes. It becomes a nasty ginger bomb on my skin a literally makes me queasy. Same story with Gucci Envy.

L'Occitane Labdanum and Green Tea & Jasmine <<< both grew plasticky and artificial.

Le Labo for Anthropologie: Poudre d'Orient, Orange Discrete

Bvlgari Black. Yuck Vanilla.

Chanel Egoiste

- - - Updated - - -

Tons of Tokyo Milks.

most of creeds

especially

SMW, MI
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Back to Black. Loved it on first sniff . . . then it turned into a sour-honey-body-odor-chemical-mess scent.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by Dane77 View Post
    My impression is that the most rewarding and worthwhile fragrances usually operate in the opposite order.
    Indeed. That has been my experience, too. Many of my current favorites weren't appealing to me at first.
    For swap/sale: Vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)