Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Thursday 18th April 2013

Morning fragrant ones!

The sun has come out to play and after yesrerdays rain - it couldnt have come sooner.

I will chance it that it will stay like this all day and i will wear:

Xerjoff - Nio

Everyone have a great day!

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday 18th April 2013

My husband was up in Dundee on business yesterday and told me it was
    raining cats and dogs!
    It is a mixture of sun and showers here in Shropshire so I will wear Rive Gauche
    and travel with an umbrella close to hand.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hello everyone!

SMN Tabacco Toscano for a rainy day.
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Hello all. Huitieme Art Naiviris
    DONNA

Good morning. Trying Ormond Jayne Montabaco today.

Peace to all.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Hermes Eau des Merveilles for me. Have a great day.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

HAPPY THURSDAY!
    Creed ACQUA FIORENTINA today

Yeah, it is nice and sunny everywhere (NYC boasts 70F I heard?) and we are having 3 to 5" accumulation of snow and ice pellets. With gusts of wind. Really? Still smiling thinking that they are opening a swimming pool at ExteremeK's in two weeks, 3 hours south of us.

DelRae Debut, of all things.

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Un Matin d'Orage today, layered with the gorgeous body cream sent by a particularly lovely basenoter. (You know who you are, & thanks again! ) For me, wearing this means that it is now officially spring.

A mixture of sunshine & cloud here today, along with some high winds & a chance of rain.

Peace & love to all.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Acqua di Gio Essenza

Muscs Koublaï Khän.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Bonjour Mesdames!
    vintage APH Intense

What I've Been Wearing:

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Thursday 18th April 2013

Happy Birthday Strollyourlobster

Eau de Toilette Edition
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

boy am i depressed today, no scent.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Wow Twolf! I was going to complain about the rain here. But snow?! Actually we're having some pretty bad flooding due to the weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks...errr, someone stop me ... of rain. The river is going to crest at an all time high this weekend. The highest was back in 1985, and it's expected to be 3' over that high. Roads are washed out, people are having to evacuate, and our store basement is in danger of becoming a pool.

Also, Twolf, thanks for the encouragement to buy I'm going to be in Budapest-Vienna-Regensburg in May and I figured a great way to commemorate my first European trip would be to buy a fragrance. That way I'd always remember the trip. My top runners are OJ Woman, MFK Cologne por le Soir, Mona di Orio something. I have some more sampling to do before I go, so any and all suggestions are welcome. I'm intending to splurge with my tax return, but even so, I think the Mona di Orio's Oud is just too out of control expensive.

Evangeline, I got a kick out of all the Chanel tennis outfits yesterday! Now I'm going to need to try the Beige too!

Lilybelle, I'm glad you're adjusting to selling the house. What an emotional rollercoaster that would be for me. Good luck sorting through all the stuff, deciding what to keep. In the end, they're only things, but oh, how each one seems to carry a memory as you're trying to decide. Hopefully it will be a treasure chest of good ones for you.

Today I'm wearing the MFK Cologne por le Soir. Hope you all have a great day!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((kalli))

Try to do something to get yourself out of the funk. Music, maybe, if fragrance won't do the trick today.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! It was snowing most of yesterday and there's more
    expected tonight.

(((Kalli)))

Wearing Ellen Tracy Peony Rose.

Have a great day!

Hello everyone!

Well, it's still early but it's already promising to be a gloriously sunny day here ...quite warm, too. I'm in Belle de Soleil by Fragonard.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Evangeline, I got a kick out of all the Chanel tennis outfits yesterday! Now I'm going to need to try the Beige too!
    Hehe, the first one was actually a swimsuit - Jon was just teasing me. But you should definitely give Beige a sniff ...I'm not so sure it would be so great on-court, but it's perfect for the beach.

Oh ((kalli)), I'm sorry for whatever's troubling you ...hoping you discover a bright light at the end of a very short tunnel.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Herod by Parfums de Marly

Hugs, kalli. Take care of yourself.

Un Jardin sur la Toit today, loud but transparent at the same time, pretty.

Oh Kalli, it sounds like you've been having a rough time lately. I'm so sorry, and wanted to send you lots of hugs and prayers for a better tomorrow.

the-lord-bless-you-and-keep-you.jpg

((kalli))

Lilybelle, what an adventure! Good for both of you, just deciding to take the plunge. Being able to *embrace* a change like that really helps, I think, in managing around the craziness it often brings. I love your approach to it all! I'll be very interested to hear about the places you see as you're looking for your new digs.

LOL, Twolf! Isn't it crazy? We don't have snow here (yet), just lots of chilly rain, which we admittedly need. But, yes, I'm left shaking my head over the May 1st pool opening. Also, how do you find Debut? I think it's lovely, but on me it wears rather cold -- it keeps me at a distance. Sort of like a riot of too-perfect white flowers behind glass ... not the glass of a florist's refrigerator case, but museum glass. Where they smell *exactly* like what a riot of white flowers should smell like but almost too perfectly to be sure they're real. Gah, I don't know. I'm probably not making sense. In any event, I want to like Debut, but I can't warm up to it.

Carrying on with my violets-for-a-rainy-day theme from yesterday and the day before (both Bois de Violette) with today's Arquiste Aleksandr.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 18th April 2013 at 03:05 PM.

Kalli, I hope your day get's brighter and you are able to set your sights forward.

I am in Chanel Bois des Iles today, as it is chilly again. Hope my iris buds/blooms make it through this patch.

Mont Blanc Individuel, nice refreshing scent on such a gloomy and rainy day.

(((kalli))))

Ann Gérard Perle de Mousse today, in the usual hottish, foggish day (has anybody noticed that Milan has quite a dreadful climate?!!)
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Dreadful compared to accumulations of snow or so much rain there's flooding happening? I don't think so!

I'm trying out By Kilian's Back to Black today and I'm really rather liking it.
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

kalli, more healing hugs for you! Hang in there, sweetie.

Sampling Tommi Sooni Jinx today (nice one, Whitefluffy!); beautifully crafted modern green chypre. It's pillowy soft, nothing mean about this greenie.

That second pic you posted yesterday, E.-so adorable! The real tennis outfit makes me want to take up tennis! Please tell the Mr. I think he should treat you to some Chanel tennis attire!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Finally chose my SotD, Jour de Fête.

Happy Birthday to Strollyourlobster, one very fine gentleman. I hope you will enjoy your special day!

Kalli - I am right there with you, at the end of my emotional rope. Let's help each other to claw our way back to sunshine, shall we?

I am wearing a cacophony of scents today, Roseberry by Rosine being the most prominent. Nope, too much musk that Kalli and I can't stand, lol.

PerfumedLady - I am so thrilled that you agree with me on the "beautifully crafted." His whole line is like that - truly beautifully crafted. I will take his fragrance over Amouage (except Ubar) any time.

Beautiful picture, Kiliwia! I just want to bury my nose in these luscious pink petals.

Blog Entries

(((((kalli)))))

Samsara this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

ExtremeK, Debut is not an absolute favorite, but I sometimes need me some freshly cut bitter grass in the middle of vast fields of whiteness. Its soft florals, honestly, could have been a tad sweeter, but then we will be speaking about CDG Green Series.

Changed into Caron Pour Une Femme for tonight.

Hey y'all -

I'm back in Beige again this afternoon ...the beachy Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    That second pic you posted yesterday, E.-so adorable! The real tennis outfit makes me want to take up tennis! Please tell the Mr. I think he should treat you to some Chanel tennis attire!
    You know, Madison Keys is an up-and-coming US pro who actually started playing just because she wanted a tennis dress, so you wouldn't be the first! It's true though - tennis togs can be pretty darn cute, and I especially love the dresses, although most everybody plays in shorts these days. But I'll pass your message along to Tony ...I'm sure he'll be most appreciative!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

teardrop - I love that Goutal, I can imagine it smells divine layered with the body cream. Enjoy!
    lilybelle - I just read your posts from a couple days ago about you & hubby selling the house. Wow, I know exactly the stress you're feeling. Just remember, you are well taken care of. You will always be taken care of. Everything is just fine. ((bear hugs))
    TWolf - I cannot believe you still have ice & snow...just...wow!
    Happy Birthday strollyourlobster, wherever you may be strolling!

I was so busy yesterday I forgot to post to the Wednesday SOTD thread. What's up with that? I wore Shalimar Ode de la Vanille and Eau de Shalimar in the late afternoon. Today its:

Shalimar (vintage parfum) by Guerlain

It does NOT get better than this ladies & gents. Seriously. I went easy on the application today (I prefer to douse myself in the vintage parfum when I wear it, because I'm crazy like that) since...you know...I'm working at an office where actual people are around and might be choked by my sillage. There really is just no comparison to this juice. I've smelled vintage Emeraude, vintage Bal a Versailles, vintage Opium parfum...but none of them can hold a candle to vintage Shalimar parfum.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Oh my goodness, I just felt so out of the loop with all the Chanel tennis jokes, so I peeked at the rest of yesterday's SOTD thread. Classic!! What fun.

Yep - it was a fun one alright! Though actually, Jon was the only one joking - I take my tennis and my Chanel quite seriously, thanks.

Blog Entries

Mike, it is indeed a divine combination, & it kept me feeling gorgeous & calm through a very hectic day.

l've just watched the footage of the aftermath of the explosion in Texas. Truly shocking. My thoughts & prayers go out to all those affected by this terrible event.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee during the day. Ended up making decants for several office mates because everyone loves it so much!

Just switched over to Ubar Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ExtremeK, Debut is not an absolute favorite, but I sometimes need me some freshly cut bitter grass in the middle of vast fields of whiteness. Its soft florals, honestly, could have been a tad sweeter, but then we will be speaking about CDG Green Series.

Changed into Caron Pour Une Femme for tonight.
    You know, Twolf, I think you've hit on it. Not enough sweet for She Of The Ridiculous Olfactory Sweet Tooth.

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Chergui
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!