Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday 18th April 2013

Finally chose my SotD, Jour de Fête.

Happy Birthday to Strollyourlobster, one very fine gentleman. I hope you will enjoy your special day!

Kalli - I am right there with you, at the end of my emotional rope. Let's help each other to claw our way back to sunshine, shall we?

I am wearing a cacophony of scents today, Roseberry by Rosine being the most prominent. Nope, too much musk that Kalli and I can't stand, lol.

PerfumedLady - I am so thrilled that you agree with me on the "beautifully crafted." His whole line is like that - truly beautifully crafted. I will take his fragrance over Amouage (except Ubar) any time.

Beautiful picture, Kiliwia! I just want to bury my nose in these luscious pink petals.

Blog Entries

(((((kalli)))))

Samsara this evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

Basenotes Institution

ExtremeK, Debut is not an absolute favorite, but I sometimes need me some freshly cut bitter grass in the middle of vast fields of whiteness. Its soft florals, honestly, could have been a tad sweeter, but then we will be speaking about CDG Green Series.

Changed into Caron Pour Une Femme for tonight.

Hey y'all -

I'm back in Beige again this afternoon ...the beachy Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    That second pic you posted yesterday, E.-so adorable! The real tennis outfit makes me want to take up tennis! Please tell the Mr. I think he should treat you to some Chanel tennis attire!
    You know, Madison Keys is an up-and-coming US pro who actually started playing just because she wanted a tennis dress, so you wouldn't be the first! It's true though - tennis togs can be pretty darn cute, and I especially love the dresses, although most everybody plays in shorts these days. But I'll pass your message along to Tony ...I'm sure he'll be most appreciative!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

teardrop - I love that Goutal, I can imagine it smells divine layered with the body cream. Enjoy!
    lilybelle - I just read your posts from a couple days ago about you & hubby selling the house. Wow, I know exactly the stress you're feeling. Just remember, you are well taken care of. You will always be taken care of. Everything is just fine. ((bear hugs))
    TWolf - I cannot believe you still have ice & snow...just...wow!
    Happy Birthday strollyourlobster, wherever you may be strolling!

I was so busy yesterday I forgot to post to the Wednesday SOTD thread. What's up with that? I wore Shalimar Ode de la Vanille and Eau de Shalimar in the late afternoon. Today its:

Shalimar (vintage parfum) by Guerlain

It does NOT get better than this ladies & gents. Seriously. I went easy on the application today (I prefer to douse myself in the vintage parfum when I wear it, because I'm crazy like that) since...you know...I'm working at an office where actual people are around and might be choked by my sillage. There really is just no comparison to this juice. I've smelled vintage Emeraude, vintage Bal a Versailles, vintage Opium parfum...but none of them can hold a candle to vintage Shalimar parfum.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Oh my goodness, I just felt so out of the loop with all the Chanel tennis jokes, so I peeked at the rest of yesterday's SOTD thread. Classic!! What fun.
    Currently wearing: L by Lolita Lempicka

Yep - it was a fun one alright! Though actually, Jon was the only one joking - I take my tennis and my Chanel quite seriously, thanks.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Mike, it is indeed a divine combination, & it kept me feeling gorgeous & calm through a very hectic day.

l've just watched the footage of the aftermath of the explosion in Texas. Truly shocking. My thoughts & prayers go out to all those affected by this terrible event.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Alien by Thierry Mugler

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee during the day. Ended up making decants for several office mates because everyone loves it so much!

Just switched over to Ubar Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    ExtremeK, Debut is not an absolute favorite, but I sometimes need me some freshly cut bitter grass in the middle of vast fields of whiteness. Its soft florals, honestly, could have been a tad sweeter, but then we will be speaking about CDG Green Series.

Changed into Caron Pour Une Femme for tonight.
    You know, Twolf, I think you've hit on it. Not enough sweet for She Of The Ridiculous Olfactory Sweet Tooth.

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Chergui
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!