Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default It is King - The ultimate attention getter cologne

Hi Guys, Long time reader first time poster,

I have a very sizable collection of colognes - around 140 and growing. I have some I think smell amazing like DHI, Body Kouros, LIDGE, ADG, Floris Santal, Black Orchid,TV, Creed SMW, Duro and Amouages etc .......... But............ I can confirm one stands out above the rest.

I had a sample of this one cologne that I tested, it smelt great but got even better at the dry down where I could smell the quality of ingredients.

Anyhow I was returning from a business trip and I knew at home some boxes of colognes would be waiting for me including the above sample cologne I currently had. So I decided to wear it on my hand so I could smell it on the airplane trip in anticipation of owning it. I kind of planned due to the hype about it to have it as a power scent for business meetings etc.

Well to cut the story short, I arrived at the airport where my business partner told me he needed to use the toilets, so I waited out side with our luggage. I am staring off into the distance when I hear a woman's voice say " Excuse me" - I look at a tanned beauty around 25 years of age approach me (im 33 years old) and she says " I dont want to come across the wrong way but ....... Your cologne it smells amazzzzzzzzzzing" .............. I barely have time to say thanks when I see that she has a shocked look on her face like she cant believe she just told me this and she quickly rushes away before I can really say a word. I could see that she was shocked that she lost control to tell me about this amazing cologne. On top I got two more compliments from two different people again during the day, I have not had this affect with any other cologne.

So the colognes name is ....................... YES you guessed it ..........CREED AVENTUS - it stands out above the rest.

BUT i will point out that I had layered it because I already put on another scent prehand ! the other scent was Bodyshop White Musk

Layering these two together is absolute killer, and I am going to test a Obsession/White Musk/Aventus hybrid which I am hoping for killer results from.

Another Aventus thread yes but only cause it is the real deal !!

Default Re: It is King - The ultimate attention getter cologne

Lol...... I can never understand this Aventus craze, it's a ok cologne but I would rate so many over it. I'm beginning to think they must have added pheromones or something to every bottle.

I know what you mean, A lot of guys say the same thing but then note how women react to it.

I read about Aventus on here along time ago and had to get a sample. I has smelt this mind blowing smell before at a stop off an airport with a driver waiting for a client. I wanted to ask him what he was wearing so badly but never did. Soon as I received my sample of Creed Aventus I thought wow "that is the smell". I have nothing in my collection that gets close to this one. Even the much hyped DHI couldnt hold a candle to Aventus for peoples reactions. Infact id say the next best would be Silver Mountain Water or Black Orchid.

I think it's high time I put my nose on this Aventus!

Frown.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFireLion View Post
    I know what you mean, A lot of guys say the same thing but then note how women react to it.

I read about Aventus on here along time ago and had to get a sample. I has smelt this mind blowing smell before at a stop off an airport with a driver waiting for a client. I wanted to ask him what he was wearing so badly but never did. Soon as I received my sample of Creed Aventus I thought wow "that is the smell". I have nothing in my collection that gets close to this one. Even the much hyped DHI couldnt hold a candle to Aventus for peoples reactions. Infact id say the next best would be Silver Mountain Water or Black Orchid.
    Creed please go

Creed Aventus = nose candy
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Glad I don't own Aventus, the constant attention of seemingly confused young hussies would get on my nerves.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Aventus is very good and i have and love it. But king? I wouldn's say so, not even of the Creed sub-kingdom.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

All these creed threads. Must be bad karma.....
    for swap/sale:

love it but please have mercy!

So I decided to wear Aventus for the first time tonight in an almost formal party! I've bought the full 120ml bottle 3 weeks ago but had not come across till tonight!
    Other options for tonight were Xeryus Rouge, Body Kouros, Pure Havane, Rochas Lui and Aramis New West for Him. But this thread made my decision!
    What do you think with 5 sprays? (I usually go with 6-8 sprays generally for most scents)
    I'll post the results!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit
    Currently wearing: Chastity Men by Rasasi

Aventus - from my experience, it really is the king. I am not sure why women love it, but from my experience they do.

OP has a good story... but maybe this should have gone in the "Which scent gets the most female compliments?" thread?

Wonder what ever happened to Fresco...

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    What do you think with 5 sprays? (I usually go with 6-8 sprays generally for most scents)
    I'll post the results!
    I hope it was an outdoor event - or else EVERYONE there will know you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    All these creed threads. Must be bad karma.....
    LOL...

Aventus and GIT are good (same with Royal Oud, Tabarome, MI etc), but way too many other frags are IMHO head and shoulders above these 2 and all the Creed's put together...

I have never received too many compliments with Creed, in this regard, Montale's / Amouage's / Andy Tauer's / Slumberhouse / Frederic Malle et all rules over the others I have in my wardrobe...

Women looove fake pineapple!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I hope it was an outdoor event - or else EVERYONE there will know you are there.
    LOL!
    Thank you friend for your guide, I'm going to dress up next 4 hours. Sure I put this into consideration.
    You don't believe, I'm VERY anxious for the scent!!!!!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Basenotes Member

I love wearing Aventus. It makes me feel happy, confident and people really do go nuts for it.

Wore a sample for 3 weeks. Great longevity but overall the experience was underwhelming. Pineapple just was too much at times and I got Zero comments...no attacks on a train, jumping a at work, flirtatious on the street. Just an OK juice that has reached ridiculous status now.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

The pineapple can be a bit hard on my nose.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Another Creed employee with a made up story. Really getting tiresome.

somebody make it stop

The ladies love this stuff!

It's just a good scent among many good scents I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This. I own and like Aventus but wish this **** would just stop now. Absolutely no way its the ultimate attention cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I didn't believe people were actually doing this until recently, but it seems every day now somebody with less than twenty posts contributes some childish nonsense about how Aventus stands out head and shoullders above eveything on the planet.
    It's starting to seem insulting.
    Like those idiots who spam the forums every week about "dumps" (whatever that is )
    Go away....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    So I decided to wear Aventus for the first time tonight in an almost formal party! I've bought the full 120ml bottle 3 weeks ago but had not come across till tonight!
    Other options for tonight were Xeryus Rouge, Body Kouros, Pure Havane, Rochas Lui and Aramis New West for Him. But this thread made my decision!
    I'll post the results!
    Please do not post your results

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TMJG View Post
    I love wearing Aventus. It makes me feel happy, confident and people really do go nuts for it.
    Another new member??????

I am so sick of hearing about Aventus. I haven't tried it, nor do I want to anymore. It's supposedly the most amazing fragrance known to man, so why would I try it? Clearly, it will not meet my expectations. The constant bogus posts and played out stories make me question the authenticity of the fragrance's quality.
    Last edited by rynegne; 18th April 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I am so sick of hearing about Aventus. I haven't tried it and don't want to anymore. It's supposedly the most amazing fragrance known to man, so why would I try it. Clearly, it will not meet my expectations. The constant bogus posts and played out stories make me question the authenticity of the fragrance's quality.
    You mean you haven't had the CEO of a Fortune 500 company nuzzle her nose into your neck, squeeze your thigh, tell you how great you smell and then shyly walk away like she didn't know what she was doing and was in some Scooby Doo trance?

It's like Aventus Mad-libs

"You won't believe this but one day at [place with no HR] this super attractive [gender] walked up to me and [did inappropriate move]. They then [expression denoting this never happens] and asked me what I was wearing. My answer of course, Aventus"
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Please do not post your results
    I have not weared Aventus yet, so I've been curious for a long time to experience these MAGICs people say about it! And I'm just going to test it. And who knows? Maybe I myself soon disagree with all the hype about it and swapped it!!!
    So please do not judge early and before anything have happened my friend.
    Besides, we all are free and have the right not to participate in something we don't like! This means that in the threads naming with Aventus and something like this DO expect the fans to talk about their favorite.
    But overall, I should admit that the word Aventus itself is going to make ALLERGY in many people because of over expression!
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by RealFireLion View Post
    So the colognes name is ....................... YES you guessed it ..........CREED AVENTUS - it stands out above the rest.
    ...may I puke...!

(...can't we create a sub-forum for everything that has to do with Creed...I'm getting sick and tired of these threads?)
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 18th April 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Aventucitis anyone?