Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default It is King - The ultimate attention getter cologne

Hi Guys, Long time reader first time poster,

I have a very sizable collection of colognes - around 140 and growing. I have some I think smell amazing like DHI, Body Kouros, LIDGE, ADG, Floris Santal, Black Orchid,TV, Creed SMW, Duro and Amouages etc .......... But............ I can confirm one stands out above the rest.

I had a sample of this one cologne that I tested, it smelt great but got even better at the dry down where I could smell the quality of ingredients.

Anyhow I was returning from a business trip and I knew at home some boxes of colognes would be waiting for me including the above sample cologne I currently had. So I decided to wear it on my hand so I could smell it on the airplane trip in anticipation of owning it. I kind of planned due to the hype about it to have it as a power scent for business meetings etc.

Well to cut the story short, I arrived at the airport where my business partner told me he needed to use the toilets, so I waited out side with our luggage. I am staring off into the distance when I hear a woman's voice say " Excuse me" - I look at a tanned beauty around 25 years of age approach me (im 33 years old) and she says " I dont want to come across the wrong way but ....... Your cologne it smells amazzzzzzzzzzing" .............. I barely have time to say thanks when I see that she has a shocked look on her face like she cant believe she just told me this and she quickly rushes away before I can really say a word. I could see that she was shocked that she lost control to tell me about this amazing cologne. On top I got two more compliments from two different people again during the day, I have not had this affect with any other cologne.

So the colognes name is ....................... YES you guessed it ..........CREED AVENTUS - it stands out above the rest.

BUT i will point out that I had layered it because I already put on another scent prehand ! the other scent was Bodyshop White Musk

Layering these two together is absolute killer, and I am going to test a Obsession/White Musk/Aventus hybrid which I am hoping for killer results from.

Another Aventus thread yes but only cause it is the real deal !!

Default Re: It is King - The ultimate attention getter cologne

Lol...... I can never understand this Aventus craze, it's a ok cologne but I would rate so many over it. I'm beginning to think they must have added pheromones or something to every bottle.

I know what you mean, A lot of guys say the same thing but then note how women react to it.

I read about Aventus on here along time ago and had to get a sample. I has smelt this mind blowing smell before at a stop off an airport with a driver waiting for a client. I wanted to ask him what he was wearing so badly but never did. Soon as I received my sample of Creed Aventus I thought wow "that is the smell". I have nothing in my collection that gets close to this one. Even the much hyped DHI couldnt hold a candle to Aventus for peoples reactions. Infact id say the next best would be Silver Mountain Water or Black Orchid.

I think it's high time I put my nose on this Aventus!

Frown.

Quote Originally Posted by RealFireLion View Post
    I know what you mean, A lot of guys say the same thing but then note how women react to it.

I read about Aventus on here along time ago and had to get a sample. I has smelt this mind blowing smell before at a stop off an airport with a driver waiting for a client. I wanted to ask him what he was wearing so badly but never did. Soon as I received my sample of Creed Aventus I thought wow "that is the smell". I have nothing in my collection that gets close to this one. Even the much hyped DHI couldnt hold a candle to Aventus for peoples reactions. Infact id say the next best would be Silver Mountain Water or Black Orchid.
    Creed please go

Creed Aventus = nose candy
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Glad I don't own Aventus, the constant attention of seemingly confused young hussies would get on my nerves.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Aventus is very good and i have and love it. But king? I wouldn's say so, not even of the Creed sub-kingdom.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

All these creed threads. Must be bad karma.....

for swap/sale:

love it but please have mercy!

So I decided to wear Aventus for the first time tonight in an almost formal party! I've bought the full 120ml bottle 3 weeks ago but had not come across till tonight!
    Other options for tonight were Xeryus Rouge, Body Kouros, Pure Havane, Rochas Lui and Aramis New West for Him. But this thread made my decision!
    What do you think with 5 sprays? (I usually go with 6-8 sprays generally for most scents)
    I'll post the results!
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Aventus - from my experience, it really is the king. I am not sure why women love it, but from my experience they do.

OP has a good story... but maybe this should have gone in the "Which scent gets the most female compliments?" thread?

Wonder what ever happened to Fresco...

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    What do you think with 5 sprays? (I usually go with 6-8 sprays generally for most scents)
    I'll post the results!
    I hope it was an outdoor event - or else EVERYONE there will know you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    All these creed threads. Must be bad karma.....
    LOL...

Aventus and GIT are good (same with Royal Oud, Tabarome, MI etc), but way too many other frags are IMHO head and shoulders above these 2 and all the Creed's put together...

I have never received too many compliments with Creed, in this regard, Montale's / Amouage's / Andy Tauer's / Slumberhouse / Frederic Malle et all rules over the others I have in my wardrobe...

Women looove fake pineapple!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I hope it was an outdoor event - or else EVERYONE there will know you are there.
    LOL!
    Thank you friend for your guide, I'm going to dress up next 4 hours. Sure I put this into consideration.
    You don't believe, I'm VERY anxious for the scent!!!!!
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

Basenotes Member

I love wearing Aventus. It makes me feel happy, confident and people really do go nuts for it.

Wore a sample for 3 weeks. Great longevity but overall the experience was underwhelming. Pineapple just was too much at times and I got Zero comments...no attacks on a train, jumping a at work, flirtatious on the street. Just an OK juice that has reached ridiculous status now.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

The pineapple can be a bit hard on my nose.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Another Creed employee with a made up story. Really getting tiresome.

somebody make it stop

The ladies love this stuff!

It's just a good scent among many good scents I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    This. I own and like Aventus but wish this **** would just stop now. Absolutely no way its the ultimate attention cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I didn't believe people were actually doing this until recently, but it seems every day now somebody with less than twenty posts contributes some childish nonsense about how Aventus stands out head and shoullders above eveything on the planet.
    It's starting to seem insulting.
    Like those idiots who spam the forums every week about "dumps" (whatever that is )
    Go away....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    So I decided to wear Aventus for the first time tonight in an almost formal party! I've bought the full 120ml bottle 3 weeks ago but had not come across till tonight!
    Other options for tonight were Xeryus Rouge, Body Kouros, Pure Havane, Rochas Lui and Aramis New West for Him. But this thread made my decision!
    I'll post the results!
    Please do not post your results

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TMJG View Post
    I love wearing Aventus. It makes me feel happy, confident and people really do go nuts for it.
    Another new member??????

I am so sick of hearing about Aventus. I haven't tried it, nor do I want to anymore. It's supposedly the most amazing fragrance known to man, so why would I try it? Clearly, it will not meet my expectations. The constant bogus posts and played out stories make me question the authenticity of the fragrance's quality.
    Last edited by rynegne; 18th April 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I am so sick of hearing about Aventus. I haven't tried it and don't want to anymore. It's supposedly the most amazing fragrance known to man, so why would I try it. Clearly, it will not meet my expectations. The constant bogus posts and played out stories make me question the authenticity of the fragrance's quality.
    You mean you haven't had the CEO of a Fortune 500 company nuzzle her nose into your neck, squeeze your thigh, tell you how great you smell and then shyly walk away like she didn't know what she was doing and was in some Scooby Doo trance?

It's like Aventus Mad-libs

"You won't believe this but one day at [place with no HR] this super attractive [gender] walked up to me and [did inappropriate move]. They then [expression denoting this never happens] and asked me what I was wearing. My answer of course, Aventus"
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Please do not post your results
    I have not weared Aventus yet, so I've been curious for a long time to experience these MAGICs people say about it! And I'm just going to test it. And who knows? Maybe I myself soon disagree with all the hype about it and swapped it!!!
    So please do not judge early and before anything have happened my friend.
    Besides, we all are free and have the right not to participate in something we don't like! This means that in the threads naming with Aventus and something like this DO expect the fans to talk about their favorite.
    But overall, I should admit that the word Aventus itself is going to make ALLERGY in many people because of over expression!
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

So the colognes name is ....................... YES you guessed it ..........CREED AVENTUS - it stands out above the rest.
    ...may I puke...!

(...can't we create a sub-forum for everything that has to do with Creed...I'm getting sick and tired of these threads?)
    Last edited by Trauerkraut; 18th April 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Aventucitis anyone?

other 10 euros earned for viral marketing, best compliments !

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Aventucitis anyone?
    HILARIOUS! LOL Still, I would be willing to put my Amouage Reflection against Aventus in a head to head comparison. We could get 100 women and have them try both. I'm pretty confident that more women will prefer the Reflection.
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

Another Aventus thread yes but only cause it is the real deal !!
    I enjoy Aventus, but it's really more of a mall scent than a niche scent, which probably explains why it gets so much hype. It's an easy going mainstream scent. The only thing keeping it from being a mainstream hit is the price and limited availability.

I enjoy it, but I don't see it as anything particularly special.

I really wish these Aventus threads would be merged into the Aventus thread so that every time somebody gets a compliment they don't create another one and another one and another one.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Member

I sniffed this yesterday and...

It was nice, but nothing ground-breaking. I liked it, but I didn't get any olfactory orgasm.

For me, it was a smoky pineapple. I liked that smokiness, but the pineapple was just so-so okay.

I'm still tempted to get this though. I saw it on Winners for $200, but with a beat-up box.

I own and thoroughly enjoy and love Aventus. I have received compliments from this fragrance 8 hours after application. I am far from a Creed fanboy, but this stuff does smell good and it does garner compliments, sometimes it just is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    I own and thoroughly enjoy and love Aventus. I have received compliments from this fragrance 8 hours after application. I am far from a Creed fanboy, but this stuff does smell good and it does garner compliments, sometimes it just is what it is.
    Great.

Basenotes Member

I wonder how many people wear this either for:

A) Themselves - they just really like it

vs

B) Others - cause you know... it's is the king of compliments lol

And yeah, I've come across quite a bit of comments here expressing the latter. Poll anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Lol...... I can never understand this Aventus craze, it's a ok cologne but I would rate so many over it. I'm beginning to think they must have added pheromones or something to every bottle.
    Exactly. If I never smelt Aventus, just from looking at this forum I'd think it's the greatest fragrance ever and it has magical powers. Pheromones that can get the most repulsive looking guy a Victoria's Secret model.

I own Aventus and I enjoy wearing it, but I find it no better than Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, and other Creeds in my collection. I just don't get it.

I totally get the frustration of many here about Aventus. I own and like (NOT love) Aventus but I avoid writing anything good about it on BN because it's just getting ridiculously out of hand. I wish the sales persons would be banned from BN.

JC

That was a fun story thanks.
    Only problem is - we all have a similar story about one or more scents that have elicited a similar type enthusiast comment from a gorgeous female stranger (wives, girlfriends, and work acquaitances don't count). My one that I posted about here was about XS.

An ultimate attention getter has to get those sort of comments from lots of females consistently on numerous occasions.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by rüssel View Post
    glad i don't own aventus, the constant attention of seemingly confused young hussies would get on my nerves.
    lol...
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Exactly. If I never smelt Aventus, just from looking at this forum I'd think it's the greatest fragrance ever and it has magical powers. Pheromones that can get the most repulsive looking guy a Victoria's Secret model.

I own Aventus and I enjoy wearing it, but I find it no better than Millesime Imperial, Silver Mountain Water, and other Creeds in my collection. I just don't get it.
    Baffling, really. I'd put about ten or fifteen Creeds ahead of Aventus, including the two you mentioned. I actually don't like it (or, perhaps more accurately, find it "meh"). I wonder what its reputation will be in, say, ten years, after Creed introduces one or two more mainstream scents that capture imaginations?
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Love Aventus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post

Agreed. I actually get far more compliments from many other scents. Hanae Mori HM, Gucci Pour Homme II, L'Air du Desert Marocain. Even Curve gets me more compliments - especially from women in their 20s and 30s - than Aventus.

What is "Aventus"?

I remember I came on basenotes back when I first started and was looking for a fragrance or two to add to my small bottles of two or three fragrances. People kept mentioning Aventus, but despite my desire, I did nothing about it since it was so expensive. After trying it and finding out about splits,I was very excited and the scent was great, but the number of threads and posts about it back then and now makes it seem godly.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

remember that guy who went to the club and wanted to identify the scent.... it was Aventus!!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/336...entify-a-scent

who are these people? Notice how the OP in that thread has a join date of 1970 !!!
    Last edited by hawk; 18th April 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Rodney and Luis need to stop starting threads

Just so you know I am 100% not employed by Creed, I have been a long time reader here who was moved to write here due to the results I had with creed. I do own my own company and interact with a wealth of professionals and homeowners everyday meaning I meet a lot of wifes and women and go through many airports etc.

Creed has come out king. I have all the other fragrances mentioned so far in this thread and just so you know I am a big Floris Santal, DHI and Amouage fan. But none of these have garnered the compliments like Aventus. Most colognes will cause people to have a sniff around you yes but Aventus has something that hooks people in. People are going to hate on it, im just giving it, its dues and like I said I layer it with White Musk, it transforms it again.

Quote Originally Posted by chopwet View Post
    Creed please go

Word.

My Aventus review:

Burnt pineapple chunk marinated in rancid dime-store perfume.
    Last edited by Picassoutine; 18th April 2013 at 08:04 PM.
    “When you step back from stressing the parts,
    when the mind becomes still, the rose comes to you,
    unfolds in you in all her glory.
    The perfume invades you completely.
    The rose is you. You are one.”

Jean Klein

I sampled this last week and was not nearly as captivated by it as I thought I'd be. I just got smoke. I'm pretty relieved, actually. I was worried that it would be so fabulous I'd be compelled to spend on the spot.

You've posted three times total since joining the forum, and they're all about Aventus. You know names of other niches, but you declare Creed to be king. And you're not a Creed employee. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I, like, totally believe you, and stuff.

People are going to hate on it, im just giving it, its dues and like I said I layer it with White Musk, it transforms it again.
    I disagree. I mean, sure, there will always be people who feel the need to rebel against anything popular, but if you take the time to read through the billions of Aventus threads, you'll find lots of comments from people who get compliments, and you'll find lots of comments from people who point out that Aventus gets them no compliments at all. It's a fragrance, no better or worse than any other. But you'll also find the hypetrain crowd full of OMGs and LOLs seeking PANTYDROPPERZ, and they flock to whatever they're told works. They end up turning the forum into a romper-room.

Maybe... instead of the Aventus threads being started by Creed employees... It's the people who keep bashing Creed or Aventus are actually bitter Guerlain/Hermes/Amouage/Dior employees... Posting in the forum while on lunch break while trying hard to duplicate the magic that is Aventus...

Conspiracy Theory? !

OMG... I was just thinking a whole ten minutes went by without another Aventus masturbation thread. :-)

Prince Creedavelli opened a can of Dole pineapple, threw the juice into an alcohol bath and then bottled it as the Scent of the Aristocrats and charged several hundred dollars for it.

Best.Scam.Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by dampier View Post
    OMG... I was just thinking a whole ten minutes went by without another Aventus masturbation thread. :-)

Prince Creedavelli opened a can of Dole pineapple, threw the juice into an alcohol bath and then bottled it as the Scent of the Aristocrats and charged several hundred dollars for it.

Best.Scam.Ever.
    ROTFL! Yes, this is funny, but it's not all that bad a scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wow it's been almost hours since a Creed astroturfer posted an Aventus thread! Thanks OP!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's just a good scent among many good scents I own.
    I'd have to say this is a good sentiment. On its own, I find a lot of other scents more beguiling or special. Barclay said that he would put other Creed scents ahead of it as would I.

But as was noted, women for some reason seem to like it a lot, a whole lot. And studies have shown that there are smells they identify with as a group stronger than men do, and men do the same (I recall it being pumpkin for one group and like vanilla for another?). And many of these women that love it are so used to the Macy's-type of smells that their men wear that this Aventus is totally different.

Do I have a bottle of Aventus? I do now that I found a good batch (and there is that stuff going on as well). This bottle is more for others than me. Idole, Frapin, Serge Lutens, I got few if no comments from those but they were more enjoyable and more desireable to me because they resonated with me, and let's face it, I may have been one of three people in Memphis to have smelled Idole, lol.

So, I don't necessarily believe the stories about all of the Creed scents, but Creed does make a popular line of fragrances.

If i ever decide to jump off a high-rise building, i'll be sure to wear Aventus for this special occasion.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I've had girls approach me with aventus. I also had a girl tell me to roll down the car window once because the smokey smell was drying out and irritating her nose, and she hated it lol. To each his own, I like it a lot, one of my favorites. Is it the king? I doubt it, but I dont see how you can trash talk it. I have the smokey batch with almost no pineapple, I think it would appease all of you who give the rancid fruit descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Women looove fake pineapple!
    Ahem. That's Royal Fake Pineapple.