Code of Conduct

Question Received Creed Aventus without LOT no. - but it smells great !?!

UPDATE: Found the lot number hiding on the backside of the bottle below and under the black label.....impossible to find if I didn't pealed off the black Aventus sticker.
    But I still can not any lot number anywhere on the Aventus box

I just received 3 of the 8 Creeds I ordered from Cheapsmells.com and fragrancex.com - but my Aventus 120 ml has no lot no. On neither the bottle nor the box

The inner part beneath the sprayer is Creed white, and the black paper around the flask has already pealed off and the cap is loose so typically Creed quality, no fake alarm there

More important - I sprayed 3 sprays of the Aventus on my inner arm 4-5 hours ago and it still smells pretty great, an ashy vibe with fresh pine apple and out of the sprayer it smells of fresh high quality natural pine apple.

I have looked all over but can't find a lot number anywhere - neither on box nor on the bottle.
    The other two Creeds I received both have lot numbers on both bottle and flask.

If the Aventus smells still projects and smell nice in 2-3 hours, I might just accept it as a very good fake or a genuine Creed without a lot number instead of risking getting a genuine that smells poor and has poor longevity

I will contact cheapsmells now........all the 3 of the 8 Creed I bought are from Arabia some where.....pretty normal for online Creed bottles.
    Last edited by CHSeifert; 18th April 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Default Re: Received Creed Aventus without LOT no. - but it smells great !?!

Why don't you post this in the thread that won't die?

If it smells great to you, I would just enjoy it and not be concerned about anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    Why don't you post this in the thread that won't die?
    Why don't you

A Provide a proper reply to my question ?
    B Provide a link to the thread you are referring to ?
    C Stay away ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If it smells great to you, I would just enjoy it and not be concerned about anything else.
    I might just do that, Hednic

It smells better than the 75 ml Aventus WITH lot no. I owned before.
    That was all about pine apple.
    This has natural pine apple out of the bottle, but an ashy vibe on my skin the first 1 hours, then the pine apple mix with it and almost creates a bergamot-smokey-geranium vibe to the scent which projects very nicely.

Smelling my arm just now 5 hours in, and it still goes on strongly, very nice blend of fresh pineapple-geranium scent and an ashy smoeky vibe in this Aventus WITHOUT batch or lot number
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Why don't you

A Provide a proper reply to my question ?
    B Provide a link to the thread you are referring to ?
    C Stay away ?

A Because I have nothing to add to any Aventus batch no talk. (Neither has anybody else)
    B There you go :
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers
    C Because I am trying to make people aware of how irritating this constant Aventus nonsense is to some of us, and that there is a place for it

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you want, you can send me a .25ml decant (about one spray) of Aventus to my mailbox and I'll message you and let you know if I think it's real. Serious.

A Because I have nothing to add to any Aventus batch no talk. (Neither has anybody else)
    B There you go :
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers
    C Because I am trying to make people aware of how irritating this constant Aventus nonsense is to some of us, and that there is a place for it
    I must have been living under a rock then, because I wasn't aware of such an Aventus batch talk - and may I ask why you think my particular case belongs to a thread about Aventus batches, when there is no batch code/lot no. on neither my box nor my bottle ?

I have only owned a 75 ml Aventus prior to this, also bought online. It smelled of nice fresh pineapple.
    This however smells more smokey, but with the pineapple kicking in very clearly after 1 hour and here 5-6 hours later I still smell it very clearly on my arm.

I'm sorry if I was being too rough in my tone, but just thought you could have given me a more well thought out reply.
    You did that in your second reply and thank you for that, Sir !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    If you want, you can send me a .25ml decant (about one spray) of Aventus to my mailbox and I'll message you and let you know if I think it's real. Serious.
    I will pass on that.....thank you
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

A Because I have nothing to add to any Aventus batch no talk.
    Yet you posted anyway. Typically, if people have nothing to add... they don't

Anyway, to the OP - This is why I always recommend spending a little more for something that you know is the real deal. Spend a little more - have piece of mind, and a box/bottle in good condition. But if it smells good, and you got a good deal, might as well keep it. If it were a fake, they probably would have faked a lot #, so I would just think they scratched it off - common in the Grey Market...

I must have been living under a rock then, because I wasn't aware of such an Aventus batch talk - and may I ask why you think my particular case belongs to a thread about Aventus batches, when there is no batch code/lot no. on neither my box nor my bottle ?

I have only owned a 75 ml Aventus prior to this, also bought online. It smelled of nice fresh pineapple.
    This however smells more smokey, but with the pineapple kicking in very clearly after 1 hour and here 5-6 hours later I still smell it very clearly on my arm.

I'm sorry if I was being too rough in my tone, but just thought you could have given me a more well thought out reply.
    You did that in your second reply and thank you for that, Sir !

- - - Updated - - -

I will pass on that.....thank you
    I should apologize I guess for being a bit rude to you.
    I reached the tipping point when i found 3 new Aventus threads on the first page, one of them a stupid spam post from a new member and an obvious shill (another one).
    I thought every established member was familiar with the notorious batch thread and it's 250,000 posts.
    Many of us have come to the point where we would like to see a separate forum for those who want to talk about Creed (or at least Aventus).
    Regards.

I just received 3 of the 8 Creeds I ordered from Cheapsmells.com and fragrancex.com - but my Aventus 120 ml has no lot no. On neither the bottle nor the box

The inner part beneath the sprayer is Creed white, and the black paper around the flask has already pealed off and the cap is loose so typically Creed quality, no fake alarm there

More important - I sprayed 3 sprays of the Aventus on my inner arm 4-5 hours ago and it still smells pretty great, an ashy vibe with fresh pine apple and out of the sprayer it smells of fresh high quality natural pine apple.

I have looked all over but can't find a lot number anywhere - neither on box nor on the bottle.
    The other two Creeds I received both have lot numbers on both bottle and flask.

If the Aventus smells still projects and smell nice in 2-3 hours, I might just accept it as a very good fake or a genuine Creed without a lot number instead of risking getting a genuine that smells poor and has poor longevity

I will contact cheapsmells now........all the 3 of the 8 Creed I bought are from Arabia some where.....pretty normal for online Creed bottles.
    I also got a bottle from CheapSmells which arrived last week. It's a 120ml bottle with no batch code. The lettering on the cards is in Arabic, so this is a 'grey market' bottle. Everything looks legit to me.

I haven't sprayed it yet as I still have a bit in my old bottle. I believe in another thread it was suggested they were sending out batch number E01 (from 2012) which is allegedly very good.

See here and continue down to the most recent post:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/325...=1#post2933917

Basenotes Junkie

If anyone is getting their panties in a bunch about Aventus threads, why not just skip over them and do not open them. Problem solved!

UPDATE: Found the lot number hiding on the backside of the bottle below and under the black label.....impossible to find if I didn't pealed off the black Aventus sticker.
    So what lot number is under the backside of the bottle then?

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I also got a bottle from CheapSmells which arrived last week. It's a 120ml bottle with no batch code. The lettering on the cards is in Arabic, so this is a 'grey market' bottle. Everything looks legit to me.

I haven't sprayed it yet as I still have a bit in my old bottle. I believe in another thread it was suggested they were sending out batch number E01 (from 2012) which is allegedly very good.

See here and continue down to the most recent post:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/325...=1#post2933917
    I emailed them about and they told me to look on the backside of the bottle under the black sticker.

Turn out it was hiding there.....so try to peal off the first 3-4 cm of the black sticker with adhesive on and see if your batch number does not show itself under the black label

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    So what lot number is under the backside of the bottle then?
    A42B11Y02
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

A42B11Y02
    Ah thanks for that. I saw the same code on my bottle as well.

If you hold it in the light, the batch code is etched on the glass bottle itself just a bit further down from the cap on the reverse side.

It also lists it as Toilet Water PGS there...

Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    If anyone is getting their panties in a bunch about Aventus threads, why not just skip over them and do not open them. Problem solved!
    Because the Aventus drivel also infects other threads.
    " I'm looking for a decent cheap citrus to wear through the summer"
    " better to spend a bit extra and buy Creed Aventus, it really is a game changER
    "Olivier Creed is a master perfumer, Creed is Creed for a reason"
    " Creed don't actually make any profit owing to the incredibly expensive raw materials they use, you really don't need to look at any other perfume houses"

Basenotes Junkie

Because the Aventus drivel also infects other threads.
    " I'm looking for a decent cheap citrus to wear through the summer"
    " better to spend a bit extra and buy Creed Aventus, it really is a game changER
    "Olivier Creed is a master perfumer, Creed is Creed for a reason"
    " Creed don't actually make any profit owing to the incredibly expensive raw materials they use, you really don't need to look at any other perfume houses"
    O.k. I get it now. I'm extremely upset about this infectious drivel.

The thread is entitled 'received Creed Aventus without LOT no' I think that would be pretty easy to avoid for those who don't want to read anymore about Aventus. Just don't open the thread is surely the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    The thread is entitled 'received Creed Aventus without LOT no' I think that would be pretty easy to avoid for those who don't want to read anymore about Aventus. Just don't open the thread is surely the answer.
    This is about the fifth time I've said this but anyway :
    If every time someone posts some nonsense about Aventus they get feedback that it's nonsense and people are tired of it they might think twice before doing the same thing again.
    Then again they might not but God loves a tryer.

This is about the fifth time I've said this but anyway :
    If every time someone posts some nonsense about Aventus they get feedback that it's nonsense and people are tired of it they might think twice before doing the same thing again.
    Then again they might not but God loves a tryer.
    Ignoring it and not fanning the flames would be a far better strategy buddy.

Basenotes Plus

This is obviously the very first bottle of Aventus that was ever manufactured.

Quote Originally Posted by Dailey View Post
    Ignoring it and not fanning the flames would be a far better strategy buddy.
    Perhaps there is wisdom in your words.
    Life is probably too short to respond to pointless Aventus threads.
    Hopefully everybody else will feel the same.

It's a fake. Send it back and hopefully learn a lesson about buying products from a company with absolutely no quality control and distribution control whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtowork View Post
    It's a fake. Send it back and hopefully learn a lesson about buying products from a company with absolutely no quality control and distribution control whatsoever.
    Don't believe it's fake actually. The stuff smells too great, fresh, rich and deep & lasts 10-12 hours on my skin.