Code of Conduct

Default Issy Miyake Summer 2013 hype

I should I purchased it when I saw it but it looks like most department stores sold out much faster of Issey Miyake Summer 2013 than any other 2013 Summer fragrance. I can still buy online if I really wanted it.

So whats up with the hype?

Is the hype legit?

To me it smells like a watered down version of the original with a citrus and fruity accord.

Default Re: Issy Miyake Summer 2013 hype

Recently tried it. It's OK for summer fragrance. Nothing that wows IMO.

Have not seen hype on this myself. I do think it is a good enough summer scent though. Nothing groundbreaking but inoffensive and plesent. Big bottle for the price.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Have not seen hype on this myself. I do think it is a good enough summer scent though. Nothing groundbreaking but inoffensive and plesent. Big bottle for the price.
    It doesn't seem to be hyped hear on basenotes. I am just going by how quickly it has sold at the department stores compared to other new Summer Frags

I saw it at Nordstrom, asked the SA if they had a tester or samples. They didn't at the time, I would have loved to pick it up at that price point...but then I thought to my self about all the other fragrances that were on my list that I had already sniffed, and wanted. Nordstrom had a ton in-stock, but I'm at a flagship location. Did any of you get to test in store, if so, where?

I enjoy the regular version. All year round fragrance IMO.

Hype? There's only been one thread for this and it's been in stores for just a few weeks. The only hype may be the sales assistant who tried to sell you on it, and frankly, that often comes down to the tastes of the SA you're speaking with. The guy I saw at Macy's immediately started pushing Eternity Summer 2013 when I went to sniff AdG Essenza.

Issy Miyake Summer 2013 is nice. I don't love it, but I definitely like it. But I've seen zero hype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    It doesn't seem to be hyped hear on basenotes. I am just going by how quickly it has sold at the department stores compared to other new Summer Frags
    That doesn't tell you anything unless you know the number of boxes they received as well as how quickly they sold them all compared to how quickly they sell the same number of a popular scent like Bleu or AdG.. And just because they sold out - possibly because they only got a few boxes initially - it doesn't mean they won't have more. I'd be shocked if Issy Miyake produced so few bottles that their Summer 2013 would be gone by April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    My thoughts exactly. It's good. I like it, but it didn't do it for me enough to buy it... but then again, once summer hits, who knows. Maybe once temps here hit 80 degrees I'll change my mind. Summer scents always smell better on a summer day. It's 53 degrees and drizzling as I type this. Definitely not summer yet where I live.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

You could do a lot worse, but you could also do a lot better. Dior Homme Sport, Concentree D"Orange Verte, Aqua Fahrenheit, and the Allure line are much better for the same amount of cash.

I haven't seen much hype for this one, honestly, though I think there have been people (like me) are more excited than usual for this version because the notes are so different from previous flankers. If I like it, I will probably pick it up for about $40 when it hits the discounters in the next couple of months.

No hype. Extraordinarily boring fragrance.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Hype? There's only been one thread for this and it's been in stores for just a few weeks. The only hype may be the sales assistant who tried to sell you on it, and frankly, that often comes down to the tastes of the SA you're speaking with. The guy I saw at Macy's immediately started pushing Eternity Summer 2013 when I went to sniff AdG Essenza.

Issy Miyake Summer 2013 is nice. I don't love it, but I definitely like it. But I've seen zero hype.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't tell you anything unless you know the number of boxes they received as well as how quickly they sold them all compared to how quickly they sell the same number of a popular scent like Bleu or AdG.. And just because they sold out - possibly because they only got a few boxes initially - it doesn't mean they won't have more. I'd be shocked if Issy Miyake produced so few bottles that their Summer 2013 would be gone by April.
    Yeah your right about how much product they received of each. Issey Miyake could send many small shipments where Burberry Summer may just send 1-2 shipments of a large quantity. Who knows. Maybe they have an incentive to push the Issey Miyake also. I haven't seen official sales numbers so I don't know for sure. I just know that Issey Miyake Summer is the only Summer scent I have seen that some stores have sold all their product.

Smells like every other summer version...

Quote Originally Posted by LoPsOrange View Post
    Smells like every other summer version...
    I haven't smelled them all but the ones I have smelled do smell really really similar. Its weird that fragrantica has the notes on the different Issey Miyake Summer frags to be different year to year but they still smell really close.

nothing really to call home about to be honest. nice smell though.

Quote Originally Posted by gmm150 View Post
    I haven't smelled them all but the ones I have smelled do smell really really similar. Its weird that fragrantica has the notes on the different Issey Miyake Summer frags to be different year to year but they still smell really close.
    It also kind of smells like L'eau D'Issey Sport even though the notes are different. Then again, most notes are nothing more than a made up description of what the different elements are supposed to smell like. For example, Summer 2013 lists pineapple in the notes, but it isn't really pineapple. It's an aroma chemical that has a sweet smell which can be described as smelling kind of like pineapple - among other things. I'm a fan of whatever the heck it is. It smells great to me, but it doesn't really smell like pineapple. It's just sort of in the ballpark.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

I will always love the orignal more than any other version.
    The intense is a close second.

i stick to EdI intense or the blue version!