Code of Conduct

Default Who asked about making their own sharp, woody base accord?

Sorry, I think that your thread was deleted because I posted links for Western red cedar oil and cade oil. You didn't get to read my last post but I suggested that you also try birch tar because some of the reviews on here for Aventus mention a smokey, birch tar aroma. I hope that this helps.

Pears

Default Re: Who asked about making their own sharp, woody base accord?

It was the Thread: Have Bourbon, where's the forest? - Basenotes, Posted by Pmusick

He can't claim it or respond because he was booted off due to some notion of him and a relationship with Spam. For which he denies and or has no knowledge of...

He wrote to me to try to get himself reinstated, but that seems near to impossible with what channels I sought to bring a resolution to the state of affairs, so he'll be back soon he hopes with a new name / BN Nick. He certainly WANTS to be here, and wouldn't have done anything to jeopardize the privilege of being here.

Pears, I'd bet that the thread deletion had more to do with this supposed Spam from Pmusick's account deletion, than your posting of a link. We've posted many a link here...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Thanks for the heads up, Paul. It's good to know that it probably wasn't down to anything that I did. Hopefully he'll visit here as a guest and see my suggestion. Cheers.
    Last edited by Pears; 19th April 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pears View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, Paul. It's good to know that it probably wasn't down to anything that I did. Hopefully he'll visit here as a guest and see my suggestion. Cheers.
    Thank you Pears and Paul. My account was shut down accidently by one of the moderators but now I'm reinstated.

I have added Birch Tar to my list of materials to get next. I have 40 or so ACs on the way now so I may have to wait a little while before placing another order (marital status considerations).

Paul: I removed the Vanilla from the 'bourbon' blend, that helped a lot, thanks!

Paul M.

Welcome back, Paul. Are Western red cedar oil and cade oil among the 40 ACs, or on your list of things to get next? If you need the links again I'll send them in a PM. I don't think that you got to read my last post in your thread. I said that some of the reviews on here for Aventus mention a fruity, pineapple like note. Western red cedar has a pineapple or pear drop like note, owing to it's ketones. Birch tar also has a blackcurrant like note, so the two may work well together.

Pears
    Last edited by Pears; 19th April 2013 at 05:31 PM.

I tried to formulate the Aventus drydown some time ago, and used as base notes / mid blenders the following parts:

Rose 1
    Jasmin 2
    Patchouli 1
    Muscenone 0.2
    Oakmoss 0.3
    Vanilla 1

Ofcourse added 3 parts of my "creed mix" to get that real-Creed-feel ;-) and used Ethylbutryate as main ingredient for the pineapple touch.

Worked for me ;-)

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!

Thanks! I'll try to find the Birch Tar asap Pears.

I already have some of your 'creed mix' made up jsparla, I'll see what I can put together with your thoughts above.

Thanks again!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jsparla View Post
    I tried to formulate the Aventus drydown some time ago,

What's The deal with the complete utter Obsession with this Aventus?

Never smelled it...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    What's The deal with the complete utter Obsession with this Aventus?
    I think Creed is the first perfume house that has groupies

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!