Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Aqua Quorum and Guy Laroche Horizon

Hello BNers!

I have recently been interested in Aqua Quorum and Horizon, primarily because spring is here and these two scents are supposedly fresh, sporty, under the radar offerings that are not quite defined as "aquatic". Further, they are somewhat cheap and have garnered mostly positive reviews here.

I have read all I can on BN but was interested in hearing what you all had to say about these two, contrasting them against one another if you could. Also, do they share similarities to Cool Water as I have read?

Default Re: Aqua Quorum and Guy Laroche Horizon

Personally own Horizon and think it's a nice scent and at an excellent price. Tried the Quorum Aqua and disliked it.Found it synthetic, generic, and unpleasant.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried Auqa Quorum. I have Horizon, but don't wear it very often, though I do find it nice. It's on the old school side for sure. I can see the similarities with CW. They are both sort of aquatic fougere's.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Post Thanks / Like

Horizon is nice. It's a herbal aquatic. Kind of dated but its fairly original for its genre. Aqua Quorum on the other hand.....bleh! Really hate that stuff.

I have only tried Horizon, which I like (and own), but if you are looking for something similar to Cool Water steer clear of it. It definitely hasa strong herbal element to it, which I can see turning some people off. Personally, I really enjoy it and have gotten several compliments on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Only know and own Horizon, but can truly vouch for this fragrance, especially for spring-summer wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent input, thank you all! I own Cool Water right now, but do not hold it as the gold standard - different is better in my books. Horizon sounds really great from your descriptions, I'm a bit disappointed that Aqua Quorum is not getting much love. Oh well. I guess I have made up my mind to purchase Horizon for sure, perhaps even AQ since it's cheap anyways.

Thanks again for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

I own both and can say that first of all you have to buy Horizon as it is a highly original fresh aquatic, little herbal, like fragrance!
    A sharp opening with a divine drydown! Longlasting as well.

Regarding Aqua Quorum I still stand by my review and simply love this fragrance. It is more a fresh fougere than an aquatic imo and lasts up to 7 hrs! I don't know why some find it generic as the ingredients smell pretty natural to me. Check Fragrantica for lots of love for this one (4.02 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 21 user reviews) and maybe a different input.

My review:

I bought this blind a few years ago and never regretted it! To me it's not an aquatic per se but more a 'fresh aromatic fougere' which can be used all year around actually but does best during warmer summer days as it's very refreshing!
    It belongs to the same genre as eg. Cool water, Eternity and Polo Sport and it has a little of all these frags combined and costs like 1/3 of the price of the others. It's is compared mainly to Polo Sport, but AQ has no seaweed note.
    It starts heavy and sharp and a little 'alcoholic' with lavender and flowers surrounded by grapefruit. The base of amber, leather and oakmoss do give a very masculine and spicy edge to this very fresh fragrance like the drydown of Cool Water has as well. This is far better than most aquatics thrown at the market last 15 years, especially looking at the price! It lasts for like 8 hours even and has above average sillage.
    It's versatile and 100% masculine! The only drawback I can think of is that it's not that original as it seems it has copied and combined some of the best accords of Cool water, Eternity and Polo Sport together to create AQ but I don't care. Note that this frag is nothing similar to it's green brother Quorum!
    Thumbs way up! Rated: 8/10
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Solo (Absoluto)
    - Chanel: Antaeus
    - Chanel: Ego´ste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Post Thanks / Like

I like and own both.
    Horizon I prefer in splash bottle, I use it several times during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I own both. Both are sort of okay, perhaps even interesting if you are in the right mood, but I would have a hard time recommending either to anybody.
    Regards,
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Slayerized, and Renato, your opinion is always valued. Will definitely take into consideration!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

own both, i think in the comaprison would choose horizon as more original, like them both though, while AQ has that oldskool essence of man eau de toilette on the 80's, a kind of sence was generic thosedays but has a nostalgic kind of feel now.

Horizon i found a bit strange. almost like a synthetic ripe almost rotten fruit vibe from what i remember.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree also with this +1

Quote Originally Posted by patsavouta View Post
    own both, i think in the comaprison would choose horizon as more original, like them both though, while AQ has that oldskool essence of man eau de toilette on the 80's, a kind of sence was generic thosedays but has a nostalgic kind of feel now.
    Last edited by Slayerized; 29th December 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Solo (Absoluto)
    - Chanel: Antaeus
    - Chanel: Ego´ste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Post Thanks / Like

I owned Horizon for a while, and ended up throwing it away. On my skin it was very strong BO smelling. I tried it about 10 times, and it never seemed to get better. One of the few frags that has given me this reaction.