Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default ANYONE EVERY TRIED Molecule 01

Talked to the lady at lucky scents and she said they are great!!! the feedback on this one is great..has anyone tried it?

Molecule 01
    Eau de Toilette
    by Escentric Molecules

Default Re: ANYONE EVERY TRIED Molecule 01

Yes

Yes, and passed.

Yes, not even close to being good for me.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Basenotes Plus

It's not worth it.

I've tried it and like it.

The search feature is your friend. Do a search for Molecule 01 and you'll find tons of info. Literally, tons.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

thanks alot

Basenotes Member

I heard that's a good frag too, try it and let us know.

Blog Entries

Brief alcohol-y opening. A woody "fragrance" that sits very, very close to skin. Then, it's gone. Sample first, or say goodbye to your $$$$.

I'll give this one a THUMBS-DOWN.

I have tried it and couldn't smell a thing but got plenty of compliments...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

I have not tried it, but from what I know you could recreate the same fragrance at a FRACTION of the price by just getting some Iso-e super and perfumers alcohol/everclear and making your own. I know a few people in the community have done it.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Must be good if the sales person at LuckyScent said so, right? You can make yourself about a gallon of it for about $35 including the handle of Everclear.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Have it, smell it every time I use it, like it – and it works magically.

in Italian rhyming slang sounds really rude.. anyway I think it's a waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You can make yourself about a gallon of it for about $35 including the handle of Everclear.
    It is very easy to make this one indeed.

Not for me.

Whilst the person wearing it can't really smell it it has an effect on the people around in my own experience.

It's also great for layering with weaker citrus fragrances as it takes the projection through the roof. I wouldn't buy it though as its really easy to make and can be had for a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by fly777 View Post
    Have it, smell it every time I use it, like it – and it works magically.
    Same here. Wife loves it too.

I made my own and rarely use it. Smell for me is mostly not there most of the time. But, it lasts a long time and people notice and comment every time. Weird stuff. If you want to enjoy your own fragrance, forget it! If you seek complements try it.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Got some on its way to me. Should be fun.... We'll see.

Tried it in Liberty 3 or 4 times, but can't smell it, other than alcohol in the opening. I like Kinski though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquil View Post
    I have tried it and couldn't smell a thing but got plenty of compliments...
    LOL, nice!
    so anyway a compliment getter?!!!!!
    I'm very curious about this and really eager to find and test it, but unfortunately have not come across yet...
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

My bottle arrived yesterday and this is utter rubbish. Hardly smells of anything. As was said earlier in this thread - wave goodbye to your money if you buy this very, very poor product.

Quote Originally Posted by dazhel View Post
    My bottle arrived yesterday and this is utter rubbish. Hardly smells of anything. As was said earlier in this thread - wave goodbye to your money if you buy this very, very poor product.
    Just make it yourself -- it's just ISO E-Super which you can buy for about $5 and mix with some perfumer's alcohol. It's little more than a very light-smelling woodsy chemical that does weird things with your pheromones. It's totally there while you're wearing it, but your nose just won't register it after a short period. Others will, though.

I wore it only once. Every girl I passed by got pregnant instantly. Then I got kidnapped by a bus full of Swedish supermodels and they wouldn't let me go for 2 weeks. Also, a Grizzly bear gave me a high five. Not a bad fragrance. Couldn't smell it.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Sound Scents

Yes, I've tried it and it was "much ado about nothing" based on my experience with it. I could barely smell the stuff most of the time so I must be relatively anosmic to Iso e Super.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Yes. I own it. It smells like lemon sherbert. I think it's a lovely smell. People say it has no scent but it does on me. It's good to layer with other fragrances, too.

Cedar-like smel that sits close to the skin. Probably overpriced considering there are cheaper and better alternatives

I like it very much. It smells like the essence of life inside cedar wood - minus the wood part. Molecule 01 amplifies the awareness of "presence" around you. It is life force in a bottle. It is hard to describe the effect of this one, but it is fantastic. Geza Schoen is the perfumer; he is a minimalist and one of the best in the world at crafting these transparent but energizing fragrances. Yes, it is pure iso e super as the fragrant ingredient, but it is a good quality iso e super for sure and I like the way it works. This fragrance is perhaps the biggest compliment getter there is. Try a few big sprays of this and wait for the comments, people love it and are not offended by it. Most people who wear Molecule 01 will become anosmic to the smell of it within a couple of minutes, if not sooner but, when you sniff your clothing the next day you can really smell it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    I like it very much. It smells like the essence of life inside cedar wood - minus the wood part. Molecule 01 amplifies the awareness of "presence" around you. It is life force in a bottle. It is hard to describe the effect of this one, but it is fantastic. Geza Schoen is the perfumer; he is a minimalist and one of the best in the world at crafting these transparent but energizing fragrances. Yes, it is pure iso e super as the fragrant ingredient, but it is a good quality iso e super for sure and I like the way it works. This fragrance is perhaps the biggest compliment getter there is. Try a few big sprays of this and wait for the comments, people love it and are not offended by it. Most people who wear Molecule 01 will become anosmic to the smell of it within a couple of minutes, if not sooner but, when you sniff your clothing the next day you can really smell it again.
    Ok, well I'll try this tomorrow and see what result I get. But right now I feel more than a little ripped off. Frequently wrong though so lets see.

I own it... had 14 pairs of panties thrown at me from 13 woman... and 1 man.

It's a "nothing" scent. I can't smell it. But the wife can. Weird how it works. Overpriced for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I wore it only once. Every girl I passed by got pregnant instantly. Then I got kidnapped by a bus full of Swedish supermodels and they wouldn't let me go for 2 weeks. Also, a Grizzly bear gave me a high five. Not a bad fragrance. Couldn't smell it.
    LOL. Especially the bear.

CologneFan85

Egh! Pass on it

I actually like it.
    Like most linear fragrances however, I do find it grows a bit tiresome by the end of the day.
    Still, it's the perfect post- Duchamp perfume.

Buzzlepuff hit the nailon this one.

This exactly! Very well said. It's not your typical composition, its strange, but the smell is good, is more like an experience than a perfume. I like it but I don't like the fact that I can't smell it. Someone mentioned Kinsky, by the same company, and thats is a good composition.
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

It's OK, not very exciting to me. I think Escentric 03 is the best of their range.

Perfume nerd fact: camp UK comic Julian Clary wears Molecule 01. He had a bottle on his bedside table whilst on 'Celebrity Big Brother'

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    It's OK, not very exciting to me. I think Escentric 03 is the best of their range.

Perfume nerd fact: camp UK comic Julian Clary wears Molecule 01. He had a bottle on his bedside table whilst on 'Celebrity Big Brother'
    No way! That's the end of that product for me.... I don't care for Julian's taste in eye make up either. :screwy:

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Same here.
    not for me

Had it...weird scent. I could smell it for 30min then it would disappear then come back very briefly a couple of hours later then disappear. Some ppl could smell it on me some could smell nothing, those who could smell it said it was strong and they loved it. Wouldn't buy it again...not worth the price

In every single movie and tv show that I watch I try to spot frags in any bathroom or bedroom scene. Ive had to rewatch parts because Ive stopped paying attention to the dialogue while trying to figure out what was on the sink.....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Molecule 01 is a strange one. There are a lot of mistaken thoughts about it.

People think it's a scent that the person wearing it can't smell, but others can. That's not true.
    People think it's some sort of trick - maybe using pheromones. Nope.
    People think it's a waste of money. This totally depends on your own nose and your own tastes, so only you can decide how much of your money you'd spend - if any - to own this stuff.

Molecule 01 is made from nothing but Iso E Super, diluted enough to be wearable. I have a bottle of pure Iso E Super and, WHOA, it's crazy strong. Most perfume ingredients are. I think Molecule 01 is something like 14% Iso E Super and 86% alcohol. Making it stronger definitely does not make it smell better. If anything, making it stronger increases the problems some people have with it. It's easy to turn a homemade batch into a scent you can't smell one minute, and the next, it requires everyone to evacuate the building.

Some people can't smell Iso E Super because it is a large molecule - large enough in size, as a particle, that their noses can't handle it. In other words, it drifts right through your nose, undetected. I kind of wonder if diluting it even more might help those people a little. Maybe, with fewer molecules overall in the composition, their noses might be more likely to detect it? I wonder this because a very common comment about Molecule 01 is that people say the smell comes and goes. Anyway... I wonder if a weaker batch might be better for those people. I can't test my theory since I have no trouble smelling the stuff.

To me, Molecule 01 smells kind of like cedar and a citrus combo of lemon and a bit of orange. It smells synthetic, in that it doesn't smell like a natural scent, but it smells synthetic in a good way. There's something enticing about the scent. Something about it demands attention without being rude. It's kind of like when a cool breeze comes along on a hot day when the air seemed still. Ooh, it's nice, and you can't help noticing.

It's a weird one. But if you can't smell it, don't make the mistake of thinking nobody can. It's just your nose. I assume all of our noses have a few blind spots.

Before even thinking about buying a bottle of this stuff, I strrrrrrrrrrrrrrongly suggest buying a sample. I'm glad I did.

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee, with a show like that, there's a lot of product placement going on

*BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Blog Entries

I bought the Iso E Super for less than $10...As a stand alone frag...worthless. as a foundation for any light airy frag, it projects it like a rocket.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL...
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 28th April 2013 at 12:22 AM.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Lol cheers for sharing

The names and story around this fragrance get me interested from time to time, then you read reviews and eh.

This Iso E increasing projection of airy scents is interesting though.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    This Iso E increasing projection of airy scents is interesting though.
    Keep in mind, Iso E Super has a smell of its own, so you're adding fragrance to fragrance. I dabble in making my own scents and Iso E Super is an easy one to start with. Iso E Super with a bit of bergamot and/or citrus is simple and smells nice. Read the reviews of Molecule 01 and you'll see people talk about getting complimented. Add a little (note that word!) something to it, mostly for your own enjoyment, and it's a best of both worlds.

Actually... I bet Love & Luck would layer marvelously with Molecule 01. Love & Love wears like fruit water with no base at all. And Molecule 01 is more or less a base with no top notes at all. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, I bet that combo could be good.

I sprayed it on, cannot smell it.

Bought the ISO E Super. But haven't gotten around to ordering the perfumers alcohol. I really wanted to give it a shot. I'll get around to it eventually lol

If you've got access to grain alcohol it should work just fine (a flask of Everclear should be $10 or less).

I have a homemade version and it's absolutely awesome. Projects like a beast. Don't expect a non-linear scent and you won't be disappointed. Bunch of people here well aware that it's a basenote chemical trying to smell the "topnotes!"

100% ISO -E super: so many noses won't detect sent, all I got was Vaseline vibe and I do know a few that rave about this one ....go figure but it's a huge pass for me....Peace
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Member

I got a very faint sandalwood scent on my skin. Wore it to school and it got noticed which I found strange because I had to bury my nose in my forearm to get a whiff. It's oddly beautiful but not worth the cash for a full bottle. Get a small sample from lucky scent. I enjoyed testing it and you may too

Shh...I mixed a Millesime Imperial oil from commonscents with Love & Luck and added a bit of Iso-E Super and I get lots of compliments. It is a warm weather killer. I have just Iso-E in pure grain alcohol and put it on first and layer on top of it. It does add to the projection and it is a large molecule. Just google iso-e super and research. Iso-E in alcohol has a cedar/woody scent. You will not be able to smell it after a few minutes but everyone else will.

I really like Molecule 01. Escentric 01 is good too!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Recently bought Molecule 01 and really like it. I smelt it on me, faintly, throughout my work day. Suits me just well.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I just ordered a bottle of Iso E Super from Perfumer's Apprentice for a VERY small amount of money. We'll see what it's all about.

so what is the difference between Iso E Super and Molecule 01?

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    so what is the difference between Iso E Super and Molecule 01?
    Nothing -- it's the same thing. Molecule 01 is just ISO E Super and alcohol.

It sounds like a big scam, right? And to a degree it is as you can make your own for dirt cheap. But Geza actually did something quite smart with this -- he took one of the major staples of perfumery and showcased it. I think the gesture is quite brilliant (Molecule 02 is just Ambroxan, BTW) and I actually wear my own mix of both quite often. The whole pheromone aspect is nonsense, but the scent does seem to disappear on you while being detectable by others. All that's happening is the molecules of ISO E are large and your nose can become tired and anosmic to it quite fast. It's still there, though, as the stuff lasts for days on fabric.

Best season to wear Molecule 01?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Best season to wear Molecule 01?
    sprummtumnter.

I agree with all the positive remarks. I enjoy its simplistic, sparkling cedar. It may become anosmic, but its there. This stuff lasts forever, days even on clothes and has great projection. I first discovered this in a coffee shop, where the atmosphere is thick of coffee. I asked the guy what it was and he told me.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?