Code of Conduct

Default White Lotus Mitti Attar

So, you have to have a tax number — and spend $100 —to get it? Any reliable decanters, or sample houses that carry it? (Yes, I googled.) Surrender to Chance and Perfumed Court do not.

I've only tried mitti attar mixed in (nicely) with some natural indie blends, plus I have a sample of straight up mitti attar from Floracopeia, which is old clay pot/musty and off-puttingly sweet.

I've read many praises to the White Lotus mitti attar.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: White Lotus Mitti Attar

See White Lotus website for samples?

You can get samples, but you have to have a tax number for resale, and your minimum order has to be $100. They're wholesalers only.

Basenotes Plus

Maybe try in Fragrances Wanted section?

Ah, OK. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by onaluna View Post
    Ah, OK. Thanks!
    How did you go?

Im really interested to get some too.I would love to try their Ruh khus as well.

Can you do a review if you can get some mitti ?

I actually just found another site that has mitti,thats not wholesale.

http://www.scents-of-earth.com/bakedearth.html

I will purchase and review soon.
    Last edited by Star Code; 2nd May 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Star Code, I haven't tried the other part of the forum yet. I'm a little wary of dealing with individuals, rather than established companies. Thank you for the Scents of the Earth Link. I have seen their site and mused about buying their frankincense. They seem to know what's up with good incense, so it's worth exploring them!
    Don't ask me to scrute the geranium. Some things are inscrutable.

Quote Originally Posted by onaluna View Post
    Star Code, I haven't tried the other part of the forum yet. I'm a little wary of dealing with individuals, rather than established companies. Thank you for the Scents of the Earth Link. I have seen their site and mused about buying their frankincense. They seem to know what's up with good incense, so it's worth exploring them!
    I did order the Hojary frankincense oil b. sacra Oman from them a few weeks back,
    It is nice, not so lemony and eucalyptus more deep and mysterious, churchy.
    the oil actually is sticky once it has dried,but the stickiness goes away after a while.
    The power of the scent however isn't very strong.
    Sometimes a put some on my bed sheets etc to make my room smell nice but i have had better results using b.carteri (not from scents of earth), but it did last longer on the sheets.
    I did like to wear it as a fragrance though,I think the warmth of my skin made it more alive.
    There is a quality smell to it so i feel pretty confident the Mitti and ruh khus i just orded will be good (fingers crossed!)
    In saying that i wouldn't really order any more of the Hojary frankincense oil.Im keen on the earthy scents at the moment.
    I will review my purchases soon stay tuned.
    Last edited by Star Code; 2nd May 2013 at 05:38 PM.

That's a helpful description! I'm still learning about frankincense —its origins and varieties. Maybe I'll just try their solid frankincense sampler. I'm in love with this Boswelia rivae, which apparently can be called "sacra." However, I have a sacra that is a bit more lemony, with a touch of heat. This one is smooth and balsamic, lacks the must that some frankincenses have, and has a touch of lemon:
    http://www.floracopeia.com/store/pro...l-Oil%2C-rivae

Oh, yeah —*and only $5 for a sample. It's also camphorous enough to be therapeutic.

Soon, I'll revisit my sample of Florocopeia's mitti to see what I think. It did have that clay pot smell, but no bitter "dirt," which might be more along the "earthy" end of things.

I would guess that the people at White Lotus would tell you the name of one of their customers who resells this product, if asked. Call them or write on their website. White Lotus sells to retailers all over the place and probably has customers who are selling their products nearby wherever you are located. If they don't have someone close by you, they will probably sell to you anyway if you ask them. I think I have bought from them before actually. You might just ask.

I bought a White Lotus Attar through Tigerflag perfumery at tigerflag.com. They did officially go out of business. I don't think their white lotus attar was a mitti attar, but they did carry a variety of mitti attars too. It was a very earthy floral attar - lotus blossom is extremely earthy, kind of muddy in aroma. They used to carry all the White Lotus attars and perfumes and the owner still has some inventory but you must contact her directly through her website.

Cool thanks Buzzelpuff,great ideas there,I will try your advice.

Thank you Buzzlepuff! Great idea!