Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Xerjoff Richwood... is it worth the 670$ ?

I'm afraid if I sample this one I will be impressed, and knowing how trigger happy I can be when it comes to buying fragrance... I'm worried! Any thoughts ?

Default Re: Xerjoff Richwood... is it worth the 670$ ?

Haven't tried this one, but if you like it enough after you sample it and can afford it, then you will buy it and be happy about your purchase.

I have sampled twice, but it has been awhile. I did like it and remember it being a bit on the sweet side. You could tell it was high quality, but just not something I would personally wear. Just order a sample and try it.

who do they think they are with those prices

Banned
    Blog Entries

almost 700 bucks? hell no!!!

I think its fantastic. The best sandalwood in a fragrance, that I have smelled. It lasts 18 hours on my skin in a dry climate. once the patchouli wears thin, its divine. Its a VERY loud and powerful fragrance but something that should be tried. But you must be ok with patchouli to find it to your liking.

Honestly people need to stop lining these scum bags with there rip off prices.

No fragrance is worth that. If you want to spend cash get some pure oud oil. JMHO.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

For $700, when i spray it on my skin it had better turn me into a superhero. Or George Clooney.

It is on my to-buy list, I need a Xerjoff in my collection bad.

Personally would never spend close to $700 for any fragrance regardless of how good it smelled. There are far too many great quality fragrances for fractions of the price.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

$700 for a fragrance if it gives you $700 worth of joy why not?

I dont see the big deal with the price. I know its expensive but many of us have over a hundred bottles, many of them over 200$. So you would have a few less fragrances in order to afford it ?

Richwood is also a 1 spray, max and one bottle would last a lifetime.

It's not the cost so much as the principle. No wait. It is the cost too! LOL.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

The cost is definitely too high for me, but I can understand the viewpoint of having it forever. That being said, I've never smelled it nor am I particularly interested given the mixed reviews I've heard from others.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

The cost is too high for most of us but I think I will go ahead and sample it... like Nersh said, most of us have many many bottles that are worth 200$ and sometimes 500$ so a 100ml of pure quality (I'm already convincing myself that it's a high quality fragrance) shouldn't be a problem at that price!

Richwood, you better turn me into a hero! LOL

Smells a helluva lot like Chanel Coromandel. Word!
    I smell marshmallows!

if you have 700 bucks to throw away then yes,
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    if you have 700 bucks to throw away then yes,
    Yes, and this is what I did.
    It is a wonderful scent.
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

NO XERJOFF is worth THE MONEY imo, A GIANT OVERBLOWN HYPE, IMO!

I once had saved up quiet a few months of salary to buy Orignal Santal by creed, i had saved up about 200$.
    The day came when i had saved up the money and my joy knew no bounds knowing i would have what I had
    coveted for almost 6 months,i thought nothing could surpass this joy.
    As i was on my way to the seller's place, i saw on the road about 15-20 little kids sitting together crying (these
    were homeless street kids), while their parents were begging for money and food on the traffic signal( including
    old men and women who could barely walk), i stalled for a second, asked my taxi to stop at a store ahead.
    I brought almost 170$ worth of food, water and clothes, walked toward those kids, many of whom were crying, new born,
    and didnt know why the world was mean to them for no fault of theirs, beckoned towards them showing them chocolates and food and in about 10 seconds i was surrounded by the kids and their parents, i tried my level best to equitably distributing everything, and guy's, the smile's on their faces, the joy in their laughter, their eyes spoke soo much to me (they were not native to my language), and as i walked away from them, i realized how absurd i must have sounded when i told myself that i couldnt be happier if i got a bottle of that creed. I ended upbuying just a cool water and got immense joy from it.

I know its a long post and im maybe off-topic, but if you have 670$ to spend on a fragrance, think of the joy you could give to other people who are needy and need us.

Ofcourse you are entitled to your own opinion and i mean no offence whatsoever and im sure the xerjoff may be a fine scent, but trust me the happiness i got, was unlike any other and if anyone has experienced that joy, you know what im talking about.

Regards.

this thread is a classic:

1- if you have to ask...

2- you're not Xerjoff's target market

If you like it & can afford it, buy it.

If not, walk away.

ohh yeah, don't try Irisss. It's one of the best Iris &.costs more than Richwood.

for swap/sale:

...everything is worth what people want to pay for it...!

Nothing worth that kind of money

Agree with Hedonist, if in doubt if price is worth it then don't buy

I own a bottle, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I were to run out.

It's a bargain. $195.00 savings over a bottle of Clive Christian #1.
    Last edited by thebeck; 21st April 2013 at 01:46 PM.

As others have said, if you have the money and you love it then its worth it.

For that you could have 2 - 3 other high end fragrances. But if you like Richwood more than the 2 - 3 other fragrances you would have bought, then it doesn't make sense to pass on this because of the price.

This may be treasured forever. 3 of crap is crap.

However, asking others if you should spend $700 is not going to get you anywhere... The money is yours alone, so you need to determine that for yourself when dealing with a dollar amount that most people here would really not feel comfortable spending on that.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    I once had saved up quiet a few months of salary to buy Orignal Santal by creed, i had saved up about 200$.
    The day came when i had saved up the money and my joy knew no bounds knowing i would have what I had
    As i was on my way to the seller's place, i saw on the road about 15-20 little kids sitting together crying (these
    were homeless street kids), while their parents were begging for money and food on the traffic signal( including
    old men and women who could barely walk), i stalled for a second, asked my taxi to stop at a store ahead.
    I brought almost 170$ worth of food, water and clothes, walked toward those kids, many of whom were crying, new born,
    and didnt know why the world was mean to them for no fault of theirs, beckoned towards them showing them chocolates and food and in about 10 seconds i was surrounded by the kids and their parents, i tried my level best to equitably distributing everything, and guy's, the smile's on their faces, the joy in their laughter, their eyes spoke soo much to me (they were not native to my language), and as i walked away from them, i realized how absurd i must have sounded when i told myself that i couldnt be happier if i got a bottle of that creed. I ended upbuying just a cool water and got immense joy from it.

I know its a long post and im maybe off-topic, but if you have 670$ to spend on a fragrance, think of the joy you could give to other people who are needy and need us.

Ofcourse you are entitled to your own opinion and i mean no offence whatsoever and im sure the xerjoff may be a fine scent, but trust me the happiness i got, was unlike any other and if anyone has experienced that joy, you know what im talking about.

Regards.
    Man, u dont belong to this world! U deserve a better place,
    Salute to ur family
    I am out of superlatives

- - - Updated - - -

The 17/17 range is definitely worth the money, sublime quality
    Elle being my favourite (strange but true)

I believe a lot of money goes for the bottle, average 5.3 euro per ml.
    If u buy the discovery set, u are paying average 3.2 euros per ml.
    So if u can find someone to take the other miniatures,
    U can buy,say, 3 or 4 discovery sets so u will get around 40 ml
    for 3 bottles.
    U can try the sit board perhaps.

To the OP,
    Like any other fragrance at any price, only when you sample and are sure you like it enough and can truly afford it why not.
    Better yet if you can afford it AND can spare some to also give to charity then perfect.
    Also you can participate in a split on it or buy and sell decants to recover some of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by salim96 View Post
    Man, u dont belong to this world! U deserve a better place,
    Salute to ur family
    I am out of superlatives

- - - Updated - - -

The 17/17 range is definitely worth the money, sublime quality
    Elle being my favourite (strange but true)

I believe a lot of money goes for the bottle, average 5.3 euro per ml.
    If u buy the discovery set, u are paying average 3.2 euros per ml.
    So if u can find someone to take the other miniatures,
    U can buy,say, 3 or 4 discovery sets so u will get around 40 ml
    for 3 bottles.
    U can try the sit board perhaps.
    Hey,
    Thanks a lot for your kind words sir, im sure all of us are just made the same,
    its just that a few have more chances and the others dont, if those of us are
    lucky enough and have had our good times, it would not hurt us one bit to try
    and extend that happiness to someone else.

All im tryin to say is while 200$ worth of perfume would have just made me happy,
    the same amount of money made about 40-50 people happy,
    I still spend that money which i was going to spend, but just that one change in the way
    i used it has given me a memory so powerful, that i doubt orignal santal could ever evoke.

Regards.

If you really like it and can afford to spend that sort of money on a frag, by all means, do it.
    Me? I wouldn't even spend 1/4 of that amount on any frag.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

This is a frivolous hobby, how someone can blow 700 dollars 10 perfumes, 7 perfumes or 3 perfumes then balk at spending it on one perfume makes no sense. Because in the end you still blew 700 hundred dollars on perfume so get what you like.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    this thread is a classic:

1- if you have to ask...

2- you're not Xerjoff's target market

If you like it & can afford it, buy it.

If not, walk away.

ohh yeah, don't try Irisss. It's one of the best Iris &.costs more than Richwood.
    Guess I'm not that rich then... and no I'm not Xerjoff's target market but using that same logic I shouldn't be buying ANY fragrance above the 100$ mark!

Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    Agree with Hedonist, if in doubt if price is worth it then don't buy
    I haven't even sampled it yet and that's one of the reasons I asked the question!

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I own a bottle, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I were to run out.

It's a bargain. $195.00 savings over a bottle of Clive Christian #1.
    True! Love this reply... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    To the OP,
    Like any other fragrance at any price, only when you sample and are sure you like it enough and can truly afford it why not.
    Better yet if you can afford it AND can spare some to also give to charity then perfect.
    Also you can participate in a split on it or buy and sell decants to recover some of the cost.
    There is a split of this one happening at the moment on the splits forum!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp View Post
    This is a frivolous hobby, how someone can blow 700 dollars 10 perfumes, 7 perfumes or 3 perfumes then balk at spending it on one perfume makes no sense. Because in the end you still blew 700 hundred dollars on perfume so get what you like.
    For me it's always better to have 3 or 4 perfumes at 700$ than just one. I guess I was hoping for more replies from the ones who tried or those who actually own Richwood to tell me if it's worth it or not!

Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp View Post
    Because buying regular (so to speak) priced bottles yields 7 different perfumes for $700 whereas for the Xerjofff it's one beautiful bottle perfume albeit redundant (comparatively).

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Guess I'm not that rich then... and no I'm not Xerjoff's target market but using that same logic I shouldn't be buying ANY fragrance above the 100$ mark!
    Since you're anyways breaking the logic as you put it, get the Xerjoff if you like it

for swap/sale:

Awesome story, always nice to put things in perspective and how fortunate we are to enjoy this hobby. Think I'll do something similar around Xmas time this year instead of getting a nice bottle of something, thanks for the inspiration and continue the good work!

Regards.
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

Quote Originally Posted by RunSun View Post
    Awesome story, always nice to put things in perspective and how fortunate we are to enjoy this hobby. Think I'll do something similar around Xmas time this year instead of getting a nice bottle of something, thanks for the inspiration and continue the good work!
    Im glad you see my reason, its a wonderful choice youve made and i wish you all the happiness.

Regards.

For me it's always better to have 3 or 4 perfumes at 700$ than just one. I guess I was hoping for more replies from the ones who tried or those who actually own Richwood to tell me if it's worth it or not!
    Definitely get your nose on a sample and buy it if you like it. The three or four perfumes you could have had for that price will still be there for a future purchase. You have a lifetime to collect so you are not giving up on the others if you buy the Xerjoff.
    "If you enjoy the fragrance of a rose, you must accept the thorns which it bears."
    -Isaac Hayes

Found this interesting review on an unbiased website :

"The opening of Richwood is hampered by just such a candy-like fruit laden effect ... with some floor polish thrown in for good measure. If this were fleeting it would be OK ... but it lingers inscrutably for most of the duration of this frag (which is not exactly stellar to begin with!) while the good stuff battles to make an appearance. By 'good stuff' I mean Sandalwood, Rose (which seems stunted here) and Labdanum, which I really love. The 'blurb' on the official site gushes about the 'genuine' Mysore Sandalwood contained in this frag ... if only it was allowed to shine it would be truly beautiful. Instead, it is coated in sugary, gelatinous berries ... like so much jam from Grandma's kitchen!!
    In my travels I have had the opportunity more than once of acquiring Xerjoff frags. I decline because the price tags (500 Euro for 100mls of Richwood) are just obscene. These fragrances are quite obviously made with a decidedly 'nouveau riche' market in mind.

There are better renditions of this genre out there that do not require the sale of a kidney and a lung! This fragrance is not fantastic, it is just OK ... but that, of course, is simply my humble opinion."

Found this interesting review on an unbiased website :

"The opening of Richwood is hampered by just such a candy-like fruit laden effect ... with some floor polish thrown in for good measure. If this were fleeting it would be OK ... but it lingers inscrutably for most of the duration of this frag (which is not exactly stellar to begin with!) while the good stuff battles to make an appearance. By 'good stuff' I mean Sandalwood, Rose (which seems stunted here) and Labdanum, which I really love. The 'blurb' on the official site gushes about the 'genuine' Mysore Sandalwood contained in this frag ... if only it was allowed to shine it would be truly beautiful. Instead, it is coated in sugary, gelatinous berries ... like so much jam from Grandma's kitchen!!
    In my travels I have had the opportunity more than once of acquiring Xerjoff frags. I decline because the price tags (500 Euro for 100mls of Richwood) are just obscene. These fragrances are quite obviously made with a decidedly 'nouveau riche' market in mind.

There are better renditions of this genre out there that do not require the sale of a kidney and a lung! This fragrance is not fantastic, it is just OK ... but that, of course, is simply my humble opinion."
    I've read this review somewhere before but still, thank you for pasting it here.

If it's so good when you spray it on, that sparks fly out of your ass - it's a definite buy. Otherwise, no.

No frag is worth $670 IMO.

Basenotes Institution

So I wore a sample of this, this week, from a decant I bought. I mean...I am such a fan of sandalwood I couldn't let this pass me by without at least giving it several full wearings. When I was @ Scent Bar in LA they didn't have a tester.

Is anyone else surprised at how aldehydic this one is (or maybe I'm hyperosmic to those particular aldehydes used)? And it's not like those tart sort of juicy aldehydes that Chanel uses in their sandalwood-prominent Egoiste, it's much more woody and slightly...shall I say...hissy.

Once it settles down it's a sold, bone-dry sandalwood WOOD smell. The smell of... wooden things that are made out of sandalwood. Very genuine, calming, serene...just beautiful. It moves around and settles itself a bit for the duration of the scent - sometimes the aldehydes and the wood create a velvety sort of hologram smell, I love that part. Other times it just smelled strongly of wood - I'm reminded of Chene by Serge Lutens and it's ever-present oak note.

However, in my opinion, it doesn't smell creamy. It doesn't approach that lactic-milky sort of smell that Mysore sandalwood scents give off, and I find that slightly disappointing.

I really applied a liberal application of this also, I didn't go shy on the trigger. Its longevity and tenacity are above average - which I would expect from a scent this expensive.

I need to wear this several more times & when I do I'll post some more impressions.

I will say this, there is NOTHING else that is sandalwood prominent that I have smelled that smells like this. Extremely unique.

I also had one more thought on this: If you don't enjoy the smell of sandalwood all by itself you'll probably find this scent incredibly boring. It really is an ode or a 'study' on sandalwood. It's obviously intended for sandalwood enthusiasts.

I wonder if consumers in the Middle East like this? Or does it smell too literal and derivative to them?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Judging by scent, I actually like Santal Noble a bit more. It has been a bit since I sampled them side by side, but I remember Santal Noble having more complexity. I honestly am not that into sandalwood though, so I don't know what else compares. But for $650 I would look at other scents, unless Richwood is one you just can't live without (I hate when that happens ).

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So I wore a sample of this, this week, from a decant I bought. I mean...I am such a fan of sandalwood I couldn't let this pass me by without at least giving it several full wearings. When I was @ Scent Bar in LA they didn't have a tester.

Is anyone else surprised at how aldehydic this one is (or maybe I'm hyperosmic to those particular aldehydes used)? And it's not like those tart sort of juicy aldehydes that Chanel uses in their sandalwood-prominent Egoiste, it's much more woody and slightly...shall I say...hissy.
    I bought the XJ17 discovery set from Luckyscent a few weeks back. Of the three men's fragrances in that set, the only one that I truly enjoyed was XXY. However, I still wouldn't spend the $645 for it. I'm happy with my 13ml and that'll probably last me many years.

Regarding Richwood, I got patchouli, patchouli, and more patchouli. I didn't get much woods. When I think of woods, I think of fragrances like Creed's Spice and Wood and Royal Oud, and also Amouage Memoir Man. Instead, Richwood greatly reminded me of LIDGE.

Having said that, I've only tried the XJ17 fragrances once. I'd have to give them a more thorough wearing.

Ouch, not what I wanted to hear after just trading a nice niche fragrance for a 10ml of this :-/ hopefully, I get something different from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliDude View Post
    Regarding Richwood, I got patchouli, patchouli, and more patchouli. I didn't get much woods. When I think of woods, I think of fragrances like Creed's Spice and Wood and Royal Oud, and also Amouage Memoir Man. Instead, Richwood greatly reminded me of LIDGE.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Basenotes Institution

I don't think this is very patchouli prominent

-- Jack Kerouac

$670,WOW,hey if you can afford it buy it,but there's no way I wouldn't sample it first.....

Not worth it to me.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

For me it was 95% patchouli.

I kept wondering where & when the sandalwood would emerge.

for swap/sale:

Agree with hedonist - nothing but patchouli to me as well. It's Rich, but no wood...
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Fars, Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud and Slumberhouse Jeke

Is it worth $670?.............. If after applying you hear the angels sing and you feel compelled to drop to your knees to praise the Lord then it's worth it. Otherwise, No.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Absurd price. But a bunch of mediocre cheapies worth a total of $670 is definitely worse.

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Agree with hedonist - nothing but patchouli to me as well. It's Rich, but no wood...
    Yep, exactly. When I first tried it, it greatly reminded me of fragrances I've smelt before - and I realized it was because of the very heavy patchouli.

I just received my 10ml. I'll reserve my final judgements...but wow. Smells like L'artisan Patchouli Patch and Bois des Iles had a kid. Super aldehydic, powdery and loads of sweet/dusty patchouli. I have yet to detect any woody notes about 30 minutes into my wear here, hoping this one turns into something a little closer to the name of the fragrance.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I just received my 10ml. I'll reserve my final judgements...but wow. Smells like L'artisan Patchouli Patch and Bois des Iles had a kid. Super aldehydic, powdery and loads of sweet/dusty patchouli. I have yet to detect any woody notes about 30 minutes into my wear here, hoping this one turns into something a little closer to the name of the fragrance.
    I think it's a fairly authentic woody scent with a coherent sandalwood accord, but there's a lot of rose in it too (and I generally despise rose). I don't get powder, but I do get balsams. I think it's a pretty great scent, but it's about three times the price of what it should be for what goes into it. I find it to be one of the better scents in the line, but I also find the line in general to be pretty crap.

I'm getting definite powder at first spritz, I think it's the patchouli and aldehydes playing tricks. I'm still just about only 45 minutes into my wear and I'm smelling the balsams more...balsams, rose and the patch is calming down a bit...starting to smell a bit like Chanel's Coromandel???... remixed with some Peru Balsam (more semi-sweet/slightly vanillic)...still waiting for the woodier facets to show up. I'm sure they'll reveal themselves a little deeper into the wear.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I think it's a fairly authentic woody scent with a coherent sandalwood accord, but there's a lot of rose in it too (and I generally despise rose). I don't get powder, but I do get balsams. I think it's a pretty great scent, but it's about three times the price of what it should be for what goes into it. I find it to be one of the better scents in the line, but I also find the line in general to be pretty crap.

by the way I did get the answer to my question last year.... NO it's not worth its price. I don't think anything from the Xerjoff line is worth the price they're asking, not even 50% of that price, there I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I don't think this is very patchouli prominent
    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    For me it was 95% patchouli.

I kept wondering where & when the sandalwood would emerge.

And this is something that happens frequently here on basenotes, some people think a certain fragrance is 90% sandalwood and some think it's 90% patchouli... last time I checked those 2 notes weren't even close! So why does this happen? is it because some of us are not familiar with individual notes or we think we smell something but it's not what we think it is or is it because some people have a broken nose? (LOL)

The fragrance has both patchouli and sandalwood and I've smelled both materials in raw form. For me...patchouli and iris overpower much of the woody notes in the dry-down of Richwood...judging from about 3 and a half hours of wear. As deadidol states...there's definitely a balsamic woody vibe throughout and a definite sandalwood note. I smell similarities to balsam of Peru, which is obviously balsamic...but slightly vanillic as well. The problem for me is...the woody notes are out-muscled by patch and possibly iris? You CAN smell them, but it's almost like you almost have to seek them out from the patch..if that makes sense.

And this is something that happens frequently here on basenotes, some people think a certain fragrance is 90% sandalwood and some think it's 90% patchouli... last time I checked those 2 notes weren't even close! So why does this happen? is it because some of us are not familiar with individual notes or we think we smell something but it's not what we think it is or is it because some people have a broken nose? (LOL)
    Last edited by rynegne; 25th April 2014 at 09:35 PM.

Basenotes Institution

My nose is broken.

Damnit!

-- Jack Kerouac