Code of Conduct
    CologneFan85

Default Bonds NEW alternative to Aventus???

Was just browsing Bond webpage and I saw this http://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-p...pwwwbondno9com

This is a new Bond No 9 Parfume that is VERY similar to Aventus based on the notes...This Bond has the following.
    Notes: Bergamot, pineapple, juniper berry, apple, blackcurrant, cedarwood, patchouli, moss, musk, amber

As Aventus has the folowing...Blackcurrant, Italian bergamot, French apples, Pineapple
    Roses. dry birch, Moroccan jasmine, Patchouli Musk, Oak moss, Ambergris, Vanilla.

Im thinking this is going to be their alternative. My wife sales Bond so ill ask her when she can get a sample. Its pre sales now.

Default Re: Bonds NEW alternative to Aventus???

Interesting, but Pass.

Aw crap, I want to buy this but I don't have a smartphone. What do I do?

CologneFan85

sorry guys been gone for a few...thx DELETE??

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    sorry guys been gone for a few...thx DELETE??
    No reason to delete, you mentioned Aventus in the thread title so you're guaranteed to get at least 3 pages of responses.

Affirms my impression that Bond is just a knock-off house.

^^^ well based on their history, why are you surprised? Their owner used to be the Creed distributor for North America and from what I heard got pissed that they weren't controlling their grey market sales while she was trying to promote exclusivity so she left. Took her original Creed boutique address at #9 Bond street (used to be on the bottom of Creed boxes I think) and either hired Creed's 'consultant' perfumers to copy their own scents or did it with her own team and stuck a big middle finger up at Creed by ripping off their best selling fragrances and amplifying Creed's strategy, ie decent fragrances with fancy packaging and a lot of marketing. So it's no suprise they continue to mock Creed by copying their sellers, if anything I'm surprised it didn't come out sooner (took a while to get around exclusive rights on a captive molecule essential to the composition maybe?)

Now of course this is all heresay and conjecture and not to be taken as fact nor is it my personal belief, yadda yadda
    (ducks incoming lawsuit for slander, remember, these are the guys who tried to shut down PerfumedCourt and Basenotes for selling decants, they're very very litigious)
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    ^^^ well based on their history, why are you surprised? Their owner used to be the Creed distributor for North America and from what I heard got pissed that they weren't controlling their grey market sales while she was trying to promote exclusivity so she left. Took her original Creed boutique address at #9 Bond street (used to be on the bottom of Creed boxes I think) and either hired Creed's 'consultant' perfumers to copy their own scents or did it with her own team and stuck a big middle finger up at Creed by ripping off their best selling fragrances and amplifying Creed's strategy, ie decent fragrances with fancy packaging and a lot of marketing. So it's no suprise they continue to mock Creed by copying their sellers, if anything I'm surprised it didn't come out sooner (took a while to get around exclusive rights on a captive molecule essential to the composition maybe?)
    If true, that explains a lot. Some of their scents truly due resemble Creed. The most noteworthy is Hamptons. It's a almost a carbon copy of Creed's Silver Mountain Water. Had a really difficult time telling the two apart.

CologneFan85

Being that known most bonds "large decants" yes I can see each resembling a creed . Well most instill like bond though. This is obviously a knock off of it
    Last edited by CologneFan85; 20th April 2013 at 04:26 PM.

LOL the bottle design is just... a little weird.

If it is an alternative, maybe every bottle will smell the same... and we will expect that the scent will last as most Bonds do. Of course many people will hate it because it is a Bond and complain that it smells artificial. I expect the same story to be repeated. I have Aventus and like it but will sample the new Bond with an open mind and will open my wallet if I like it, detractors aside.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

There's a very interesting article about Bond No. 9 founder Laurice Rahme when she was president of Creed USA (at No. 9 Bond Street) and visited by Olivier Creed titled "Monsieur Creed Sniffs Out A Living" from the NY Observer (1999): http://observer.com/1999/09/monsieur...-out-a-living/

Rahme is currently facing a $3 million discrimination lawsuit. If only she could be sued for the equivalent of perfume plagiarism. The plot thickens.

Google "Laurice Rahme limosine". Arrogant much?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 24th April 2013 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Now of course this is all heresay and conjecture and not to be taken as fact nor is it my personal belief, yadda yadda
    (ducks incoming lawsuit for slander, remember, these are the guys who tried to shut down PerfumedCourt and Basenotes for selling decants, they're very very litigious)
    interesting history, didn't know about it

Bond No 9 & Creed can hold hands and jump the bridge together, don't care.

I am yet to find a solid Bond. May be they cracked it.

Manhattan already smells similar to Aventus imo.

Great. Another Bond for me to ignore. How on earth did they hit a home run with New Haarlem while striking out with nearly every other scent? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: a fellow named Maurice Roucel . . . .
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Couldn't they have just named it Bond Digital or Bond Web to get their point across? :/
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

I think it's safe to say this won't smell like Aventus. It'll be more feminine, and probably heavier, not to mention darker. I won't be surprised at all if it ends up being more different than it is similar to Aventus. I also won't be surprised if it turns out to be pretty good though. Such a shame it won't be in stores.

I think they should release it in stores for 1 year as a limited edition before taking it online only in order to build up a reputation for the scent that could hopefully lead to online chatter to fuel future online sales. But, hey, that's just my idea. They're going online only from the start. Oh well.

Depending on how the early reviews turn out, I'll seek out a sample. I'm not a big Bond fan, but some of their scents are very good.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for HdP 1725 or Bond Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

I'll try it. Thanks for the information. Another very similar to Aventus fragrance is the new Aedes de Venustas eau de parfum that Duchaufour created for this small NY shop. This is not the L' Artisan Aedes but the signature scent they came out with. Smells just like Aventus but is greener and more incensed, by a slight margin. I like it as much as Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Couldn't they have just named it Bond Digital or Bond Web to get their point across? :/
    Someone on here also proposed the name "Virtual Bottle", which I liked. Having an entire URL as the name is not catchy, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Manhattan already smells similar to Aventus imo.
    ?

I would have a hard time finding something that smells more different to Aventus. I can find absolutely nothing in common between these two to my nose... Aventus as a chocolate covered oud gourmand ? hmmm...

Anyway, I will be looking forward to comparing this "digital neighborhood" or whatever stupid name they settle on to Aventus. I have a feeling this one will wind up in my collection also.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I think it's safe to say this won't smell like Aventus. It'll be more feminine, and probably heavier, not to mention darker. I won't be surprised at all if it ends up being more different than it is similar to Aventus. I also won't be surprised if it turns out to be pretty good though. Such a shame it won't be in stores.

I think they should release it in stores for 1 year as a limited edition before taking it online only in order to build up a reputation for the scent that could hopefully lead to online chatter to fuel future online sales. But, hey, that's just my idea. They're going online only from the start. Oh well.

Depending on how the early reviews turn out, I'll seek out a sample. I'm not a big Bond fan, but some of their scents are very good.
    My wife said it will be shes getting her samples this week in a bon bon box from her work.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    If it is an alternative, maybe every bottle will smell the same... and we will expect that the scent will last as most Bonds do. Of course many people will hate it because it is a Bond and complain that it smells artificial. I expect the same story to be repeated. I have Aventus and like it but will sample the new Bond with an open mind and will open my wallet if I like it, detractors aside.
    Thank you. Personally, I don't have an issue with Bond house. I have a couple of their frags and their spillage and longevity are very nice. Although I've resold a couple for their house as well. But I have to say, I'm underwhelmed by Creed. GIT is wonderful, but my VIW has about 2 hours of fruity longevity, my father's is smoky. My Royal Oud and Tabarome are personal favorites. But my Aventus was terrible. Burnt pineapple is what came out of the bottle.

I can say that Bond at least smells the same from batch to batch, whereas Creed's consistency is like an 80 year olds bladder. Weak at best. Sorry, but its true.
    Spring/summer current faves
    - Hermes Jardin Med
    - Clair Gris
    - Fico Di Amalfi
    - Tabarome
    - L'eau D'issey
    - Guerlain Vetiver
    - Philosykos
    - Royal Spyce
    - Sandflowers
    - Live Jazz
    - Dior Homme Intense

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

CologneFan85

Bonds are best on longevity IMO

Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Bonds are best on longevity IMO
    Which ones?
    Other than New Harlem, Coney Island and the Ouds I dont find any to be long lasting or sillage monsters. None of the fresh scents to be honest.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

CologneFan85

Pretty much half or more of them on my skin

I own 8 Creeds and 1 Bond out of my 26 bottle wardrobe. Love me some Creed.

Don't worry OP, I'm not offended or anything, there can be multiple topics going on this fragrance.

With that said, I'm still leaning that it will be leaning more towards a spicy/pineapple whereas Aventus is smoky/pineapple. It will be somewhat similar, but still a different interpretation.

Now if it smells good or not, that is still to be decided, haha
    Summer 2013 Top 10 :

1. Creed Aventus
    2. Dior Homme Sport (2012)
    3. L'Eau Bleue D'Issey
    4. Bleu de Chanel
    5. Acqua dio Gio Essenza
    6. Strange Invisible Perfumes - Peloponnesian
    7. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    8. Diesel Green Masculine
    9. Terre d'Hermes
    10. Guerlain Homme

"No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    ?

I would have a hard time finding something that smells more different to Aventus. I can find absolutely nothing in common between these two to my nose... Aventus as a chocolate covered oud gourmand ? hmmm...

Anyway, I will be looking forward to comparing this "digital neighborhood" or whatever stupid name they settle on to Aventus. I have a feeling this one will wind up in my collection also.
    Are you speaking empirically? I detect a pineapple note throughout, so a similarity in that respect. It could be a mixture of the dried banana and peach accord and I find it quite fresh rather than gourmandy.
    Last edited by Kaern; 26th April 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Will try to get a sample.