Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Default What is that one cologne you can safely say "it is one of a kind!"

I am looking for a cologne that stands out from the rest.
    Regardless of its price, you can safely say its unique.
    Something that does not smell like anything in the market and absolutely one of a kind.
    A fragrance that makes you say "I have never smelled anything like it in my life"

CologneFan85

Default Re: What is that one cologne you can safely say "it is one of a kind!"

Black AFgano

L'Ombre Fauve, Norne, What We Do In Paris Is Secret, M/Mink, Absolue Pour Le Soir, Sova, Breath of God.
    Last edited by deadidol; 20th April 2013 at 03:40 AM.

Secretions Magnifique!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basala

Everything from Slumberhouse excluding each other, MI (I know about Unforgivable), probably more.
    Fragrance blog being actively updated weekly (hopefully)!: http://moteperfumery.blogspot.com/

Check out a fun little thread I made if you don't know what to wear today: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/384264-Pick-another-member-s-SOTD-(Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Secretions Magnifique!
    Haha, that was the first thing I thought of.

I second anything by Slumberhouse and O'driu.

Yeah I agree with most of those listed here, Black Afghano to this day is still unique but certainly slumberhouses are as well. I haven;t sampled them but I am hearing O'driu stands on its own as well...so much so that every its prices are pretty unique
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Kolnisch Juchten, Nejma One, Kouros, a few from the Amouage line.....good question!

Hammam Bouquet AND Captain Molyneux (Vintage)

Creed Windsor
    Creed Tabarome
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...emons-Batucada

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Le Feu d'Issey
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Amouage Interlude

Any frag from Slumberhouse...

Own 300 odd, none of the others that i own are as unusual as frags from this house...

L'Air du desert marocain

kinski

for swap/sale:

No. 1 by Clive Christian
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

JXXV. Before I pulled the trigger on JXXV I searched high and low to find something like it and found nothing. JXXV is one of a kind.

all Lutens!

Fahrenheit
    +1 Black Afgano
    Xerjoff Zafar

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Lately, M;0oC by Masaki Matsushima. Green apple laced with tequila. Feels aquatic but is not. Longevity is very impressive, though it is not a projection beast. Has fast become one of my favorites among the few frags i own.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

U may consider have one custom made as $ is no concern.
    Mass produced bottles on the street means not unique.

Two sadly discontinued fragrances from the 90s, namely Joint by Roccobarocco and Spazio Krizia by Krizia- some of the most, rich, complex, versatile, luxurious, discreet yet persistent chypre scents I ever got to smell.

wondering anyone didn't mention A*Men!
    and add Fahrenheit.
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    wondering anyone didn't mention A*Men!
    Good shout.

Cerchi Nell'acqua-Ambr'ero
    Norma Kamali-Incense
    Byredo-M/Mink
    Black Orchid-Tom Ford*

*and not in a good way
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Derby, JXXV, Hinoki
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Fahrenheit
    M7
    Bulgari Black
    Odeur 71

Ive never smelt anything like the orignal formulation of M7.

CologneFan85

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Vulva!
    yESSSSSS LOL

I agree about Slumberhouse. I'll add Lorenzo Villoresi's Piper Nigrum and Yerbamate to the list.

Kouros Body, Very odd smell but its nice.
    Breath of God.

Slumberhouse Pear & Olive
    Black Afgano
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    Aventus (until the me too copycats are beginning to pop up)
    Comme des Garcons Luxe Champaca

1-Bulgari "Black"
    2-Yves Saint Laurent "M7"
    3-"Oud pour Lui" by Alyssa Ashley
    4-Fiore dell'Onda/ Rem / Eau Marine / Acqua di Sale (it's the same, under different names)
    5-"Ambre" by Arno Sorel.

Dirty English

M/Mink
    Eau de Gentiane Blanche
    Muscs Koublaï Khän
    Odeur 53
    Leather Oud

YSL Kouros
    YSL Body Kouros
    Nasomatto Black Afghano
    Amouage Interlude Men
    Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan
    Dior Leather Oud
    Chanel Egoiste
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Messe de Minuit is pretty odd.

Quote Originally Posted by fraghead93 View Post
    Ive never smelt (smelled) anything like the orignal formulation of M7.
    yea
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

any of the lolita lempicka masculines

ive smelled licorice and aniseed in other frags but never as such strong focal points. i love it.

I think almost every fragrance I've ever smelled has things that are somewhat like it, with one exception:

Vintage Kouros.

(Maybe the current formula too, but I haven't smelled it so I can't say, so I added "vintage" to be on the safe side).
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Too many to count really, quite a few are very unique and have nothing similar.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Boss #1
    Mr. Bill Blass
    Bel Ami

Gotta go with Black Afgano!

Versace's Dreamer. I've yet to find anything else close to the same vibe as this one.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him

Sound Scents

Agree with many that have already been said... O'driu, Slumberhouse, Captain by Molyneux (vintage), Secrations Manifiques by ELdO... I'll add Red for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills (vintage).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Tobacco Vanille

Creed Jardin d'Amalfi
    I am glad that i had the chance to come across it,
    let alone owning it.

Fahrenheit.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Lately, M;0oC by Masaki Matsushima. Green apple laced with tequila. Feels aquatic but is not.
    Have not given it enough attention for a while. I need to have it in rotation this summer.

I'd add Maharadjah by Parfums de Nicolai

Drakkar Noir

Wazamba

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by silvermountainhigh View Post
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him
    This. Everything else in the list has something that will get you 80%+ the way there or at least when the two are mentioned together you say "yeah, i see the similarity". I haven't found anything like NR for him (aside from the edt/edp/oil versions being very similar).

Rick

Unique to my nose:

Windsor
    Vintage Tabarome
    Fou d"Absinthe
    Carnal Flower
    Portrait of a Lady
    Ichnusa

Slumberhouse - Rume

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Casts_by_fly View Post
    This. Everything else in the list has something that will get you 80%+ the way there or at least when the two are mentioned together you say "yeah, i see the similarity". I haven't found anything like NR for him (aside from the edt/edp/oil versions being very similar).

Rick
    Try Micallef's White Sea (though sadly discontinued).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Byredo Pulp AND
    L'Heure Bleue

Green Iri-... joking!

Virgin Island Water, and I don't think it smells like Set Sail St. Barts.