Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Versace Pour Homme

    9 37.50%
  • Guerlain Homme

    11 45.83%
  • Other

    4 16.67%
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Default Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    I've been looking to buy a new fragrance for the summer, but I can't really decide between the two.

    I'm a fan of the sweeter scents and I currently own:

    -HM by Hanae Mori
    -La Nuit L'homme by YSL
    -A*Men by Thierry Mugler
    -The Dreamer by Versace

    I owned D&G Light Blue and loved the scent but hated the longevity. So which would you choose? Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme?

    and if you own either, or a different summer scent, let me know what you think of it.

    -Ryan

  2. #2

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Gucci Pour Homme II.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    I love L'eau D'Issey for summer. It's not as sweet (more tart) and very fresh. Personally, I've been wearing sweeter scents all winter and it's refreshing to put on something lighter now that it's finally warming up. It get's you noticed too if that's your thing. I'm lucky that almost nobody knows what it is around here and some guys will even ask me what it is. It always seems to be a love it or hate it thing with the yuzu in it, but personally I love it.

    The best advice for sure is just head to your local department store (even JC Penney has Sephora outlets nowadays), and it's a quick way to test out a lot of scents. You can order samples and decants as well to try.
    Just remember when weighing your options in life, that you can sleep in your car, but you won't be able to race your house.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    I own both and I like them, but wouldn't wear them often. Of the two, I think Versace Pour Homme is more versatile. Guerlain Homme is very minty and smells like a mojito (great for some, repulsive for others) which is unique, but not for everyone. It really depends on your budget. I would recommend something like Bleu de Chanel or YSL L'homme for the day time. If you can spend a bit more money, Creed's Millesime Imperial is a nice sweet watermelon/aquatic scent that is clean but gets noticed. Best of luck.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Versace pour Homme for when it gets real hot. Perfect for days that get up in, and above the 90s.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

    *** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Out of those two, definitely VPH. I don't care for the mid and base of Guerlain Homme at all (generic woody smell that's too heavy & sweet for summer).

  7. #7

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Out of these two, I'd recommend Guerlain Homme

  8. #8

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousMAZ View Post
    I love L'eau D'Issey for summer. It's not as sweet (more tart) and very fresh. Personally, I've been wearing sweeter scents all winter and it's refreshing to put on something lighter now that it's finally warming up. It get's you noticed too if that's your thing. I'm lucky that almost nobody knows what it is around here and some guys will even ask me what it is. It always seems to be a love it or hate it thing with the yuzu in it, but personally I love it.

    The best advice for sure is just head to your local department store (even JC Penney has Sephora outlets nowadays), and it's a quick way to test out a lot of scents. You can order samples and decants as well to try.
    Yeah, i've heard of L'eau D'Issey and I tried a spritz of it at a discount store and my first impression wasn't very strong. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to develop? I remember it smelling not very pleasant right off the bat and didn't give it much of chance after that.

    Does L'eau D'issey have a bad opening? I really want to like it. It seems like it's perfect for summer.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanThomas View Post
    Yeah, i've heard of L'eau D'Issey and I tried a spritz of it at a discount store and my first impression wasn't very strong. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to develop? I remember it smelling not very pleasant right off the bat and didn't give it much of chance after that.

    Does L'eau D'issey have a bad opening? I really want to like it. It seems like it's perfect for summer.
    I don't consider it a bad opening, but you can't grade it within the first 10 minutes that's for damn sure. Citrus, citrus, citrus is all you really get in the beginning and it can be a bit much for some, especially if you don't care that much for citrus (I love citrus, so it doesn't bother me at all).

    Get beyond the drydown, and a wonderful fresh blast of florals, spice and sandalwood comes in under the yuzu and mandarin. It's about 80 degrees, breezy and not a cloud in the sky where I am today and I could smell it around me when I was eating on a patio on my lunch break. For weather like this, it is PERFECT.
    Just remember when weighing your options in life, that you can sleep in your car, but you won't be able to race your house.

  10. #10
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    80,750

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Guerlain Homme

  11. #11

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    I prefer Guerlain Homme

  12. #12

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNotoriousMAZ View Post
    I don't consider it a bad opening, but you can't grade it within the first 10 minutes that's for damn sure. Citrus, citrus, citrus is all you really get in the beginning and it can be a bit much for some, especially if you don't care that much for citrus (I love citrus, so it doesn't bother me at all).

    Get beyond the drydown, and a wonderful fresh blast of florals, spice and sandalwood comes in under the yuzu and mandarin. It's about 80 degrees, breezy and not a cloud in the sky where I am today and I could smell it around me when I was eating on a patio on my lunch break. For weather like this, it is PERFECT.
    Well, that's a very encouraging review. Especially since, where I live in Portland, Oregon, 80 degrees and clear describes just about every summer day. I'm also a huge fan of citrus, so that's a positive.

    I found my way to the mall this morning before class and found a tester of L'eau D'issey at a boutique. It smells SO much different than when I had smelled it before. I think i'll have to order both Guerlain and L'eau D'issey now.

    Do you have any experience with the summer 2009 edition of L'eau D'issey, by any chance?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanThomas View Post
    Well, that's a very encouraging review. Especially since, where I live in Portland, Oregon, 80 degrees and clear describes just about every summer day. I'm also a huge fan of citrus, so that's a positive.

    I found my way to the mall this morning before class and found a tester of L'eau D'issey at a boutique. It smells SO much different than when I had smelled it before. I think i'll have to order both Guerlain and L'eau D'issey now.

    Do you have any experience with the summer 2009 edition of L'eau D'issey, by any chance?
    No I do not, but I've heard that it is one of the better flankers out there. I normally don't care for spinoffs of original scents, but the summer edition for 2013 piques my interest. It's supposed to have notes of kiwi and pineapple while maintaining the overall feel of the original L'eau D'Issey. I'm going to check it out the next time I roll by a Nordstrom.
    Just remember when weighing your options in life, that you can sleep in your car, but you won't be able to race your house.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    I prefer the Guerlain.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Guerlain Homme ..

  16. #16

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    Guerlain Homme

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Versace Pour Homme or Guerlain Homme For A Summer Scent

    versace pour homme

Similar Threads

  1. Azzaro Chrome or Versace Pour Homme for this summer
    By exploretoi in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 9th March 2013, 02:47 PM
  2. Summer : Versace Pour Homme VS Givenchy Insense Ultramarine
    By DerSinn in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th February 2013, 03:59 PM
  3. Issey Miyake 2009 Summer vs Versace Pour Homme vs Dior Homme Sport
    By Snow1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd November 2011, 07:55 PM
  4. SUMMER FRAGS- VERSACE Eau Fraiche vs. Pour Homme
    By yankeeh8er847 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25th June 2009, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000