Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 65
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Design, quality, sprayer etc..

    Which perfume house uses the best quality overall?

    Design: Chanel and Dior wins it for design & style (especially Bleu de Chanel bottle with magnetic cap. it doesnt smell all that great but the bottle is a work of art)



    Worst Design: Carons. God are they ugly!! who designs these garbage bottles?



    Best Sprayer: Dior bottles are unmatched. Each spray feels so smooth and very gentle on the finger. You dont even have to press hard. It almost does it for you as soon as you place your index finger on the sprayer.

    Worst sprayers: Micallef and Creed (Especially Micallefs. It sprays so misty, I almost have to hold it an inch away from my skin otherwise it sprays everywhere but on myself.)

    Best quality: Dior, Chanel, Tom ford, YSL and Aqcua di Parma

    Worst quality: CREED. (Price tag vs. quality of the bottles) Amazing perfumes bottled in absolute garbage. period. loose caps, labels peeling, boxes are crap. Not to mention my windex sprayer sprays better.

  2. #2
    Sound Scents
    drseid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Northern VA/DC Area
    Posts
    6,408

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best design bottles: Mona di Orio (great looks and very functional as well).
    Worst design bottles: Bulgari (I love the look of many of them, but storage/use is difficult due to their odd shaped design choices).
    Best sprayer: 212 Men by Carolina Hererra. (I can't stand the juice, but the sprayer is easily the best I have ever come across).
    Worst sprayer: Due to the bottle design issues mentioned above, Bulgari fragrances are difficult to target and spray properly.
    Best packaging quality: Mona di Orio, By Kilian, O'driù (all three provide top-notch packaging).
    Worst packaging quality: Creed (like the juice inside, extremely inconsistent and unacceptable quality).
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

    6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Most bottles aint that good imo.

    Always been a fan of Lubin designs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Best design bottles: Mona di Orio (great looks and very functional as well).
    Worst design bottles: Bulgari (I love the look of many of them, but storage/use is difficult due to their odd shaped design choices).
    Best sprayer: 212 Men by Carolina Hererra. (I can't stand the juice, but the sprayer is easily the best I have ever come across).
    Worst sprayer: Due to the bottle design issues mentioned above, Bulgari fragrances are difficult to target and spray properly.
    Best packaging quality: Mona di Orio, By Kilian, O'driù (all three provide top-notch packaging).
    Worst packaging quality: Creed (like the juice inside, extremely inconsistent and unacceptable quality).
    CdG bottles. Not functional at all.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Creed = worst sprayer? Really? You can say anything you want about batch variations, and slam them for being over priced, yada yada. But bad sprayers they do not have. Loose caps? Maybe if you buy the grey market stuff, you run into these problems i guess.


    Worst sprayer to me has always been Bond No. 9. I really don't know what the hell they were thinking.

    Worst bottle design and tackiest look is easily Le Male. I uses some super cheap and thin glass. I barely knocked a bottle into the corner of a wall and the whole bottle shattered.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Neela Vermiere bottles are soooooooooo poor.

    for swap/sale:





  6. #6

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I don't like Penhaligon's bottles. As for the worst packaging, Creed wins the title. I had problems with three ones I love from them between losse cap, gold color sprayer turning silver in color and making the first few sprays of my MI smell bad.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Creed = worst sprayer? Really? You can say anything you want about batch variations, and slam them for being over priced, yada yada. But bad sprayers they do not have. Loose caps? Maybe if you buy the grey market stuff, you run into these problems i guess.


    Worst sprayer to me has always been Bond No. 9. I really don't know what the hell they were thinking.

    Worst bottle design and tackiest look is easily Le Male. I uses some super cheap and thin glass. I barely knocked a bottle into the corner of a wall and the whole bottle shattered.
    the reason why I said creed is because everytime i spray myself, i always end up getting perfume on my fingers and hands because it leaks thru the sprayer. its just a poor quality bottle overall. cheaply made.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Amouage bottles are gorgeous, especially if you consider the stylistic difference between their men and women line up.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Worst- probably, too many to mention
    Best- strictly from what I know and in my personal opinion alone, those limited edition Guerlains etc. in Baccarat crystal flacons, as well as some EDC bottles by Acqua di Parma, with very traditional, Old School sprayers

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by kimo View Post
    Amouage bottles are gorgeous, especially if you consider the stylistic difference between their men and women line up.
    Bottles are okay but the boxes they come in, yes very impressive..

  11. #11
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    79,333

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    One of the best IMO are Jovoy bottles.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    One of the best IMO are Jovoy bottles.
    Yes they do look quality


  13. #13

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    As far as atomizers, Creed, Dior, and Chanel seem the best, IMO. Guerlain too.

    But Creed bottles with their loose caps and flaky paint suck.

    Agree with the poster that dislikes Penhaligon's bottles.

    As far as atomizers, I've had my worst experience with Tauer perfumes. Crooked, odd angle sprays, kind of 'leaky.' And those rubber stopper caps are a pain in the ass. If anything they further screw up the atomizer every time you use them. It's like they get stuck to the atomizer. A few times, they've pulled the atomizer right off. Don't like 'em.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Worst - Nejma (very poor bottle / spray) & CdG 2 man (can't stand on its own & i made a mistake of buying the tester) / Nasomatto's (2 were leakers)

    best - Guerlain bee bottles / Guerlain extrait cases for Jicky & Shalimar / Amouage / Mona di Orio

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    As far as atomizers, Creed, Dior, and Chanel seem the best, IMO. Guerlain too.

    But Creed bottles with their loose caps and flaky paint suck.

    Agree with the poster that dislikes Penhaligon's bottles.

    As far as atomizers, I've had my worst experience with Tauer perfumes. Crooked, odd angle sprays, kind of 'leaky.' And those rubber stopper caps are a pain in the ass. If anything they further screw up the atomizer every time you use them. It's like they get stuck to the atomizer. A few times, they've pulled the atomizer right off. Don't like 'em.
    How can you put creed's atomizer in the same level as dior and chanel?

    I do three sprays on me with a creed bottle and I have just as much perfume on my finger and you can see it running down the bottle. Its not my particular bottle because I experience the same thing from a couple of them. they spray like windex.
    their boxes, bottles, spray caps and labels suck as you agree. their sprayers are just as bad.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    How can you put creed's atomizer in the same level as dior and chanel?

    I do three sprays on me with a creed bottle and I have just as much perfume on my finger and you can see it running down the bottle. Its not my particular bottle because I experience the same thing from a couple of them. they spray like windex.
    their boxes, bottles, spray caps and labels suck as you agree. their sprayers are just as bad.
    Guess I got lucky. I own Aventus and Millesime Imperial. And owned GIT. The sprayers are excellent, if a bit powerful. But I don't get any juice running down the side or anything of that nature.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    The overall quality of creed bottles (cap, box, bottle, label) suck and the atomizer is a part of that.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Caron's "urns" are very well balanced and hand-friendly. Nautica's heavy glass bottles are quite handsome and have a pleasant heft. I like Eau Sauvage’s iconic deco-ish design. Elsa Peretti's pinch bottle for Z-14 is a nice hold.

    Many Chanel bottles are rather utilitarian and meh. Calvin Klein's medicine bottles for the One line are ugly, though easy to hold. Fragonard’s light-proof aluminum flasks, though effective, are uninspiring.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    The overall quality of creed bottles (cap, box, bottle, label) suck and the atomizer is a part of that.

    You asked me how I can put Creed "Atomizers" in the same category as Chanel and Dior. I never said anything about the "overall quality of Creed bottles." Actually, I did. I said other than the atomizers, they suck.

    So who are you arguing with?

  20. #20
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Thierry Mugler
    That rubber flask is so annoying to use. I'm still yet to master it. Sometimes, I only get spurts. Then if I do another spray, it's gonna put out too much juice. So hard to control.

    Chanel
    Am I the only one who thinks it sprays too much juice? Too powerful in my opinion.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    You asked me how I can put Creed "Atomizers" in the same category as Chanel and Dior. I never said anything about the "overall quality of Creed bottles." Actually, I did. I said other than the atomizers, they suck.

    So who are you arguing with?
    you really dont have to get all worked up for something like this. really.

    I m not olivier creed so i wont be arguing about something like this. besides just like how you like them, my personal opinion is that they suck. atomizers, too.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    you really dont have to get all worked up for something like this. really.

    I m not olivier creed so i wont be arguing about something like this. besides just like how you like them, my personal opinion is that they suck. atomizers, too.
    Seems to me like you're mad that my experience with Creed hasn't been the same as yours.

    Sorry.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best bottle design: Guerlain and Creed.
    Best Bottle quality: YSL, Guerlain and Hermes.
    Best Sprayer: Hermes and Guerlain.

    Worst Bottle design: Aigner, Gucci and Rochas.
    Worst Bottle quality: Jacomo and Fendi.
    Worst Sprayer: DEFINITELY Thierry Mugler, with any type of bottle! (I have both the Metal Flask and Rubber ones)
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Seems to me like you're mad that my experience with Creed hasn't been the same as yours.

    Sorry.
    okay

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Best bottle design: Guerlain and Creed.
    Best Bottle quality: YSL, Guerlain and Hermes.
    Best Sprayer: Hermes and Guerlain.

    Worst Bottle design: Aigner, Gucci and Rochas.
    Worst Bottle quality: Jacomo and Fendi.
    Worst Sprayer: DEFINITELY Thierry Mugler, with any type of bottle! (I have both the Metal Flask and Rubber ones)
    Yea, flankers could be a pain in the butt spraying. especially the rubber ones.

  25. #25
    Basenotes Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by nfn1983 View Post
    Worst Sprayer: DEFINITELY Thierry Mugler, with any type of bottle! (I have both the Metal Flask and Rubber ones)
    Metal flasks still doesn't spray properly? Hmm and I was planning to get one 'cause I thought it will be more consistent.

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenDays View Post
    Metal flasks still doesn't spray properly? Hmm and I was planning to get one 'cause I thought it will be more consistent.
    Its better than the rubber for sure.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenDays View Post
    Metal flasks still doesn't spray properly? Hmm and I was planning to get one 'cause I thought it will be more consistent.
    Sure it's better than rubber flasks, but still sprays very sub-optimal to me comparing with other brands.
    however if you use just the refill bottle itself without placing it in the flask it'd be best and somewhat normal.
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

  28. #28

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best design bottles: Bvlgari
    Worst design bottles: Jean Paul Gaultier
    Best sprayer: Dior Homme Intense
    Worst sprayer: Angel men
    Best packaging quality: Xerjoff(from what ive seen.)

  29. #29

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best sprayer: Dior. Smooth, consistent. Top notch.
    Worst sprayer: Creed. Not all of them are terrible, but 2 of them that I own make a grunting sound and misfire 1/3 times, drip liquid out along with spraying, etc. I love the design and packaging however.


    Best bottle design: Chopard / Lubin / Paco Rabbane (zippo lighter, staple gun, etc. -- not classy really, but quite cleaver, and pretty solid construction despite the atypical design). Chopard Noble Vetiver & Noble Cedar bottle are amazing for the price.

    Worst bottle design: Jean Paul Gaultier

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Best sprayer: Dior. Smooth, consistent. Top notch.
    Worst sprayer: Creed. Not all of them are terrible, but 2 of them that I own make a grunting sound and misfire 1/3 times, drip liquid out along with spraying, etc. I love the design and packaging however.


    Best bottle design: Chopard / Lubin / Paco Rabbane (zippo lighter, staple gun, etc. -- not classy really, but quite cleaver, and pretty solid construction despite the atypical design). Chopard Noble Vetiver & Noble Cedar bottle are amazing for the price.

    Worst bottle design: Jean Paul Gaultier
    exactly my experience

  31. #31

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I also has juice running on my fingers and the bottle after spraying from my MI and tabarome

  32. #32

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    I also has juice running on my fingers and the bottle after spraying from my MI and tabarome
    I really wondered!!!
    and if so, very awful...
    My current top 10 (with no particular order):
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Dior Fahrenheit
    Costume National Scent Intense
    Terre d'Hermes EDT
    CK Eternity for Men
    Creed Aventus
    YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme (Old Tin Can)
    Thierry Mugler Pure Malt
    Costume National Homme

  33. #33

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Can't really name the worst, as there are many awful ones.

    But in terms of bottle design and packaging, I'd have to name Lubin, Acqua di Parma (simple yet classy), Tom Ford Private Blend, Dior's Private Blend, Armani's Blend.

    Among the Bond No 9, there are a few interesting looking bottles, but overall their bottles are pretty goofy. Montale bottles I also don't like.

    Although I didn't want to name the awful ones, I gotta say the A-Men flacons have - by far - the worst sprayer in the fragrance game. Almost pathetic, since I really enjoy their scents.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Neela Vermiere bottles are soooooooooo poor.
    They changed the bottle designs for all of them recently, I also felt so.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best sprayers I own: Narciso Rodrigues for Him and Dior Homme
    Worst sprayers I own: Eau de Rochas pour Homme and Benetton Colors for men

  36. #36
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    276

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Creed Aventus: Loose cap; bad sprayer; rugged paper instead of leather coat; tacky box; poor design of the flask; evident intention to impress.

    Ormonde Men: Cool design and box with magnetic close.

    Guerlains: They don´t know where they want to go (suitcase, bee, wood)
    Last edited by Papi Le Bon; 22nd April 2013 at 01:12 AM.

  37. #37
    Basenotes Junkie Wheatstraw2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I think that Creed takes the cake for ugly bottles. My favorites currently would probably be Chanel's Exclusifs and Dior's Collection Privee bottles. Cartier's Les Heures as well.

    More generally, not a fan of opaque bottles, so some of the Chanel men's line, in my view, would fall into the homely bottle category as well.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Well... if we are including the cap as part of the bottle, I would say that Maître Parfumeur et Gantier offer a disappointing contradiction.
    The men's bottles are a beautiful red glass that feels solid to the hand.
    Not as simple as Chanel, but still understated in an elegant way.... BUT then they add an incredibly tacky bulbous plastic "gold" cap with an even tackier large plastic "ruby" on the top.
    Like I said, a disappointing contradiction: great juice, beautiful glass and a tacky cap that spoils the visual imagery.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,256
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    perry ellis 360 lines sucks. i have had plenty and they all spray about half the juice and the other half is on your hands

  40. #40
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best: ysl they spray perfectly

  41. #41

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by SevenDays View Post
    Thierry Mugler
    That rubber flask is so annoying to use. I'm still yet to master it. Sometimes, I only get spurts. Then if I do another spray, it's gonna put out too much juice. So hard to control.

    Chanel
    Am I the only one who thinks it sprays too much juice? Too powerful in my opinion.
    Agreed on both. Rubber A*Men and flanker sprayers have to be the worst. I feel a bit stupid saying this, the bottles are quite attractive with the star design, but does anyone else that has a few of them get confused which is which? Taste Of Fragrance and B*Men are almost identical, ive confused them a few times, the shade of the bottle itself is the only clue but its quite subtle.

    Tauer caps are really tight.

  42. #42

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by frug View Post
    Caron's "urns" are very well balanced and hand-friendly. Nautica's heavy glass bottles are quite handsome and have a pleasant heft. I like Eau Sauvage’s iconic deco-ish design. Elsa Peretti's pinch bottle for Z-14 is a nice hold.

    Many Chanel bottles are rather utilitarian and meh. Calvin Klein's medicine bottles for the One line are ugly, though easy to hold. Fragonard’s light-proof aluminum flasks, though effective, are uninspiring.
    I enjoyed reading this post very much. Gives a very unique perspective on the topic.

    Thanks for sharing.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Well, this thread is addressing two totally different things, namely aesthetics and utility.

    No real opinion on aesthetics. I like almost every bottle in some way. I can appreciate a bottle like Green Irish Tweed or Silver Mountain Water (especially standing side-by-side on my dresser). That blue for Chanel is my favorite color, and the magnetic cap is inexplicably cool.

    But for quality:

    1. Creed is bizarre. The caps often don't fit right. Further, the bottle quality is usually substandard -- who hasn't had an Aventus label peel off -- but for my bottles, the sprayers are fantastic. Never had a bad sprayer, unlike some, and the atomizers deliver a perfect amount of product. I wish all houses had atomozers like that.

    2. Guerlain's atomizers are not good at all. Weird feeling, to me. Have to pump them to get any amount of product delivered. For that matter, the new Guerlain bottles for SDV are just plain ugly -- rectangles with a fake goldish plate stuck on the side. Why spend all that money to package the scent up in a heavy box without making the bottle something to enjoy, too?

    3. Mugler's bottles could have been a positive -- the rubber is kind of neat, and has a utilitarian purpose in preventing breakage -- but for God's sake, how hard would it be to modify the top so each spray isn't an adventure?
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  44. #44

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best sprayers IMO are Creed. Worst spayers IMO are Thierry Mugler (Nice design with the bottles but those sprayers are horrible).

  45. #45

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Nasomatto have poor leaky bottles w over sized tops

    Original penguin has excellent bottle and sprayer for cheap
    My current obsessions for now
    Oud Wood , Noir de Noir , DHI , Mugler Cologne , Bond No.9 Bleeker St. ,
    Ramone Monegal Agar Musk & Umbra , Chanel Coromondel ,

  46. #46

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best design bottles: Chanel bottles for classic scents. Based supposedly on Coco's lover's ("Boy" Capel) dressing case bottles.
    Worst design bottles: Diesel fist decanter
    Best sprayer: Guerlain and Caron
    Worst sprayer: Jaguar
    Best packaging quality: Guerlain parfums, Chanel and Cartier exclusives
    Worst packaging quality: For the price, Creed. Just a paper board box with an insert boasting of the lineage of the line
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

  47. #47

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I gave it further thought, and if we're talking just aesthetics, I think Tom Ford's bottles appeal to me the most. Those "pharmacy style" brown private blend bottles are very pleasing to my eye. Simple, classic, and handsome.
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  48. #48

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I beg to differ. My Creed bottles are beautiful and the sprayers are fine. Far prettier than my very simple Chanel bottles. All my Chanel bottles look the same - rectangular, except that Chance is round.
    Both Byredo and Frederic Malle bottles are kind of simple, but the juice inside is awesome
    My Work of Art bottles are vintage Carons and my one Guerlain

  49. #49

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Best bottle Amouage/worst Neela Vermiere

  50. #50

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Nicolaï need to fire/sue their designers, if indeed they have designers and aren't working from an HP home printing decal set.


  51. #51

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Yes they do look quality

    But they're bloody heavy!

  52. #52

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Worst packaging/bottle/sprayer compared to price? Creed, hands down. Caron isn't great but they typically cost 1/5 to 1/10 as much as Creeds.

    My personal favourite packaging is Armani Privé, the lightweight opaque wood bottles are gorgeous and the asymmetric caps are made of beautiful materials.

  53. #53

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I am also struggling with the sprayers on my Mugler A*Men flankers - bought from the firm directly.

  54. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    But they're bloody heavy!
    Quality and weight go hand in hand

  55. #55

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Quality and weight go hand in hand
    Jimmy Hill!

  56. #56

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Quote Originally Posted by CologneFan85 View Post
    Best: ysl they spray perfectly
    this, my l'homme bottle is amazing.
    ANDERSON = GOAT

  57. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    Get your fingers on a Dior Homme, Homme Sport, Intense or any of the Fahrenheit bottles and see how smooth and precise the atomizer is.
    By far they are the best.

  58. #58

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    My Aventus bottle came with a loose top and dodgy wrapping... a bottle that cost me £187.

    By Kilian destroy every other fragrance house when it comes to the quality of the packaging IMO. But you do pay for it.

  59. #59
    CologneFan85
    Guest

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    A men's plastic flasks, the tops stop working well after so many sprays.

  60. #60

    Default Re: Which perfume house uses the best/worst quality bottles in comparison to their price tag?

    I think Amouage and MFK have the best bottles, good thick glass and nice overall look. I do have some issues with my JXXV sprayer though, it shoots out a stream usually if not used for a couple days, instead of a spray. I have had no problem with the Creed sprayers, the ones I have are actually very good.

Similar Threads

  1. Quality/Price ratio
    By Akahina in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 21st December 2011, 07:40 AM
  2. The ideal "quality level" to start / Price tag vs quality
    By ysmdy in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 1st May 2011, 12:17 PM
  3. Best and Worst From Each House?
    By HDS1963 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10th June 2009, 06:59 AM
  4. Price =/= Quality
    By SculptureOfSoul in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 8th June 2009, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •