Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My experience with Burberry Customer Service

I got this Burberry The Beat cologne as gift a couple of months ago and the spray mechanism just fell apart after three sprays. I called Burberry customer service hotline and told them to please send me a new one and I would return the one I had. The gentleman on the phone told me that the only way to get a new one would be if I go to a local Burberry store and exchange it there. I said the closest one is 17 miles away from my house and I am certainly not making a special 30 minute trip because of your defective product. Having a cologne that you cannot use is certainly frustrating enough. I asked him to kindly acknowledge the problem and the inconvenience and offer a convenient solution. Convenient to the frustrated customer, not to Burberry of course..He said there is nothing he could do.

I don't feel I should drive 17 miles to exchange a defective product which is clearly their fault.

So now I have this broken unusable cologne in my house that my friend paid for.

Last edited by Attila; 20th April 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Default Re: My experience with Burberry Customer Service

Sorry........but you called them, and TOLD them to send you a new bottle.....
    Burberry do not sell their perfumes by mail order. They sell them in the store, which is probably where your friend purchased it. So it must be exchanged in a store. Makes perfect sense to me.

It sucks that your bottle broke, but you have been offered an exchange. Even if you don't take them up on the offer, you are not out of pocket on this one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John E Buoy View Post
    Sorry........but you called them, and TOLD them to send you a new bottle.....
    Burberry do not sell their perfumes by mail order. They sell them in the store, which is probably where your friend purchased it. So it must be exchanged in a store. Makes perfect sense to me.

It sucks that your bottle broke, but you have been offered an exchange. Even if you don't take them up on the offer, you are not out of pocket on this one.
    http://us.burberry.com/store/beauty-...toilette-50ml/

Thanks for the great link.........and is that where yours was purchased?