Code of Conduct

Default HELP!!! "Le Male" : poor long longevity and sillage

Two days ago i bought myself a bottle of "Le Male" from a duty free in my city and i am very disappointed. The projection is almost ZERO and longevity is like...1 hour . Asked some of my friends if they can smell it on me they all said NO. I don't have doubts about the authenticity, i've done some research on how to identify if it's fake, and is not actually, both bottle and can look irreproachable. So...in this case, what would be the problem with this one? Because i've heard it has a reputation of a very projective scent and very long lasting. Do you think the store will refund my money?

Default Re: HELP!!! "Le Male" : poor long longevity and sillage

It cant be Le Male. Le Male is hideous and lasts forever. Try to give it back but not under any accusations. They would just deny them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valfar View Post
    Do you think the store will refund my money?
    You should call them and ask them.

Le Male dissipating within an hour sounds more merciful than anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Two days ago i bought myself a bottle of "Le Male" from a duty free in my city and i am very disappointed. The projection is almost ZERO and longevity is like...1 hour . Asked some of my friends if they can smell it on me they all said NO. I don't have doubts about the authenticity, i've done some research on how to identify if it's fake, and is not actually, both bottle and can look irreproachable. So...in this case, what would be the problem with this one? Because i've heard it has a reputation of a very projective scent and very long lasting. Do you think the store will refund my money?
    My bottle of Le Male (purchased December 2012) is near the top of my 17 frags for longevity and projection (although some days, it's more of a beast on me than others). It was a gift and it came with splash on aftershave. Now that I can barely smell. But the EDT is a bomb. And I have trouble with a lot of frags, since I live in an EXTREMELY dry climate.

I would return it. Be EXTREMELY polite and tell them you are very sorry but that you would like to run all this past them. If they have a tester, compare the two and if there is a difference, point it out. Give them the impression you know what you are talking about even if you don't. Tell them about BN and that by ALL accounts Le Male is a beast. Be nice, concise and professional.

Chances are that they won't let you return it but my view is that if you approach it the right way and read the salesperson accurately (and pick a nice one to approach, which may be luck more than anything), you may be successful. Good luck.

You have helped me decide what I will wear today

EDIT: Don't be swayed by others' opinions on this or any other frag. Decide for yourself. It's you who will be wearing it. Many over hyped frags here have been completely underwhelming for me, while others that the haters love to hate (e.g. Le Male and Acqua di Gio Essenza), have turned out to be incredible. Ignore the haters.
    Last edited by Mtnbkr123; 20th April 2013 at 04:31 PM.

My bottle of Le Male does not have great projection on my skin, but it lasts forever. Where on your body are you spraying? And from how far away are you asking them to smell you?

@Mtnbkr123
    Thank you very much for the tip. Very helpful. Tomorrow i will go at the store and see how it goes

@Shepperdw
    I use it on my neck, behind my ears and on my tshirt on chest. I asked them to smell from a very close distance, they could sense it only if they bring their nose very very close to my neck, and even then..they say is not so strong
    Last edited by Valfar; 20th April 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the tip. Very helpful. Tomorrow i will go at the store and see how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

I use it on my neck, behind my ears and on my tshirt on chest. I asked them to smell from a very close distance, they could sense it only if they bring their nose very very close to my neck, and even then..they say is not so strong
    In my view clearly there is something wrong with it. 2 sprays under my shirt and I get wafts of it for 8 hours. On my clothes it lasts for days.

Perhaps there's just something with this scent and your skin that just don't seem to jive.

I think there is something wrong. Have you tried spraying on your clothes? The smell should stick for at least 24 hours.

Super Member silvermountainhigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago, this is all I wore, good scent. I can tell you that it is definitely weaker these days, without a doubt. I have an older large bottle and aftershave...when I wear these I get complimented or noticed and then I have a bottle a friend gave me that is newer...the new bottle is not as potent, 100% fact and it is legit.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

perhaps an oldbottle sitting in sunlight for months?

With a Google search...i found some rumors that "Le Male" has been REFORMULATED!

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree that it's either a note causing (even perceived) poor longevity or maybe a skin chemistry factor, so far, never experienced similar problems with Le Male, to me, its longevity was always quite above 8 hours the least.

Post Thanks / Like

:O I was going to buy it?? So I shouldn't ?? I should get pure havane instead?

Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    :O I was going to buy it?? So I shouldn't ?? I should get pure havane instead?
    You Should! You will not necessarily be unlucky as i was with mine

While the sillage in the bottles from 2012 onwards are considerably weaker, the longevity of Le Male still remains the same, it lasts but in a watered down way. I have a bottle from 1998, and it is POTENT, the drydown is a strong minty musk.

May not be legit.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Read a lot of posts saying the formula has been altered.
    In the current scenario i say anything is possible,
    I have simple rule, any fragrance I want to wear for more
    than a week, i buy a backup of it.

^ good rule

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!!No longevity and sillage???Common.....This is one of those scents where You spray liberally because of the attractive scent and then you go Shit!!! coz everybody can smell you miles away and you wished you could have sprayed less.This will linger for 12 hours...and keep going.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

It is impossible

Agree with the others. Cannot be genuine. As a newbie a while back I wore one spray on the chest to work to test it. Had someone arrive 30 minutes later and fine my office to tell me it hit them at the front door and it wasn't appropriate for work!