Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance recomendations for a teenager girl

Hii, im 16 and im looking for fragrances for girls my age, because the ones I own the boys that smell it tell me that I smell like an old woman, I want something I could use on summer day and night and get compliments, currently I own this perfumes:

Euphoria by Calvin Klein
    Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel
    Armani Code by Giorgio Armani
    Flora by Gucci
    Tous h20 by Tous
    Fantasy by Britney Spears
    Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears
    Lady Million by Paco Rabbane
    Aqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani
    Crystal Nior by Versace
    The one by dolce and gabbana
    Tous in heaven by tous

I would appreciate it if you would help me please

CologneFan85

Default Re: Fragrance recomendations for a teenager girl

Those are all great, I don't see how they would smell like a older woman. Try Angel by Mugler

Well, I am no longer a teenage boy, but I once was, and I can remember what that was like. Here is my take on your problem. When I was a teenage boy, I didn't know how to appreciate a sophisticated scent. As I remember, I thought the scent of Herbal Essences shampoo was pretty awesome and girly. I'll bet the teenage boys in your environment aren't much different than I was. Do they still make Herbal Essences? I really liked the pear one.

The classic advice not to smell like an old lady is to avoid anything with the scent of roses in it. The scent of rose is well known to equate to an "old lady" scent in the minds of many. The basic advice for what to wear is this: choose something fresh and fruity, but not overly floral, and not to heavy or musky. Wear just a very light amount of it. It doesn't need to be anything fancy or expensive - 99% of teenage boys don't know the difference. If it tends to fade quickly, just apply more often. If you have had complaints about ALL those fragrances you listed, than I bet you are just wearing too much of it. If it's in an atomizer, spray some in the air and walk through it. Do that twice and that should be the correct amount to scent for about 8 hours. If you prefer to dab it on, use just a tiny dab on each side of the neck (or behind each ear) and a tiny dab on the underside of each wrist. Also, I would keep a log of what scents you get the most compliments on and which ones you get the most criticism for, and thin the losers out of your collections. It's okay to ask boys what they think about what you are wearing - they will love the attention, and be sure to tell them that you are trying to figure out the best scents and want an honest answer.

Even better, if you have a boyfriend or a friend that happens to be a boy who is willing to go fragrance shopping with you, then do it! If you want to smell good to boys, then get the opinion of a boy while shopping. Have him give you his impressions of the scents when they are first applied and then again in a couple of hours. Pick a new one to add to your collection that way. If this boy will happily accompany you to the mall and gladly hold your bags for you wile you are shopping, he's a keeper - try to marry him.

I dated a girl shortly after graduating college that wore the most memorable perfume. It was something fresh and alluring, and it was French, but I don't know what it was. It was gently floral and I think it must have had some vanilla in it. I think that scent was the best thing I liked about her. She turned out to be a total b***h. So other than fruity scents, I would recommend gentle floral scents and something with vanilla in the base. Don't over do it, and stay away from heavy florals, especially rose.

Good luck!!!

Blog Entries

Check out Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. Smells fruity and fresh, with a youthful vibe.

Thank you so much for your opinion!

D&G Light Blue

If they still say you smell like an old ladies they are just being little nuggets...

CologneFan85

Lady gaga was good and can't go wrong with aqua florentina I'd wear that myself lol

Basenotes Plus

Hi Fragrance97, welcome to Basenotes! Try Prada Candy, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Coach Poppy Blossom or Jimmy Choo perfume. All very nice and would be great for a teenage girl.

Welcome to basenotes! I will suggest trying some Paris Hiltons (I know, get past the name though and the perfumes arent that bad) Try out Marc Jacobs D.O.T., The new Gucci Guilty Black smells pretty good, and try the Boss Orange Sunset.
    Live Aloha! Live Da HIlife!

Armani code for women and L'eau D'issey pour homme should be wonderful.