Code of Conduct

Default Ready for my leather fragrance purchase . Tom ford Tuscan Leather or clive Christian C?

I am leaning towards Clive Christian C because of longevity?

Default Re: Ready for my leather fragrance purchase . Tom ford Tuscan Leather or clive Christian C?

I'd go with Clive Christian C.

Default Re: Ready for my leather fragrance purchase . Tom ford Tuscan Leather or clive Christian C?

Only tried TL.

I went with TF TL; no regrets.

Get Montale Aoud Leather. It smells the same as your other two choices, is cheaper than your other two choices, and lasts just as long if not longer than your other two choices.

Or if you want a really GREAT leather, go with Knize Ten, Montale Aoud Cuir D'Arabie, Rien by ELDO, or OR Black by Pascal Morabito.

I own tuscani and tried Clive in store. Very similar longevity. I also sampled golden boy which is the same take. I agree on Montale. I tried that too and nearly identical with slightly more sweet backbone if my memory serves me well.

A vintage version of Bel Ami

I appreciate that of the two choices are what you have put down, I only have experience of TL, which was nice, but rather linear and vastly overpriced as a result.

As has been said, try Knize Ten or the refill of Or Black by Morabito. You could get both of those with change to spare in place of TL.

Clive C is the better choice for me, but have you tried Slumberhouse's Jeke?

I only have decants of them and Clive C may have a slight edge but theres a lot of similarities there with TL and for the price id opt for TL. Projection and longevity for both has been very good on me, not sure I could seperate them on those points.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Overall on me CC is the more complex and sophisticated scent.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Clive C is the better choice for me, but have you tried Slumberhouse's Jeke?
    This is a very good suggestion.

How about Puredistance M?
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Thank you guys . I placed the order for CC c. I have tried all the others suggested except Puredistance M . I was able to get 75 dollars off from Bergdorff goodman . Anything help , right

Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    Thank you guys . I placed the order for CC c. I have tried all the others suggested except Puredistance M . I was able to get 75 dollars off from Bergdorff goodman . Anything help , right
    Yeah, both Puredistance and Jeke are the real standouts in this category for me, but CC c is very nice as well. I'd definitely try Puredistance before you pull the trigger although it's a bit pricey. For my money, Jeke's the best value as it has by far the best ingredients for the most reasonable price. Blows the others out of the water in that respect.
    Last edited by deadidol; 21st April 2013 at 03:44 PM.

For excellent price these will be my choices as well --->>>
    Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Get Montale Aoud Leather.Or if you want a really GREAT leather, go with Knize Ten, Montale Aoud Cuir D'Arabie, Rien by ELDO, or OR Black by Pascal Morabito.
    next will be the tom ford's tuscan leather...to me CC frags are over priced, as u can buy 2-3 of the above for the $ u spend on a CC 100ml frag...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can see that you've already pulled the trigger on "C", I believe that is the one you really wanted, buy once, cry once. I think that if you went with the other alternative that you'd still crave the CC. I've sampled all of the suggested fragrances with the exception of the Montale and Jeke, and "C" is one of the only modern EDPs, in any genre, that in my opinion is full bottle worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    How about Puredistance M?
    +1

Also between your two choices, I'd go Tuscan Leather

I own and enjoy both and love that scent. What I have found after having them both for more than a year is that I wore Tuscan Leather much more than I did C. Though I love C, I have found that finding an occasion to wear it, was challenging. One thing I do find, is that I like that great leather note that C doesn't really have. Yes, C has some great characteristics and I love it but, its just not very wearable, almost too opulent.

Quote Originally Posted by PEARL View Post
    I can see that you've already pulled the trigger on "C", I believe that is the one you really wanted, buy once, cry once. I think that if you went with the other alternative that you'd still crave the CC. I've sampled all of the suggested fragrances with the exception of the Montale and Jeke, and "C" is one of the only modern EDPs, in any genre, that in my opinion is full bottle worthy.
    I think you are right , I would still have craved CC c . I think I made the right decision. I still have a 5 ml decant from TF TL that I can use

Between the two I'd say Tuscan Leather.

for swap/sale:

Personally I like the Tuscan thought I do find it hard to wear all the time. i've worn Clive C and it's nice, though actually I found it quite a bit lighter/smoother than Tuscan and more incense than leather.

not to get all spammy here but I've got a bottle of Clive C for sale if anyone's interested. Best part is it's 50% full so only 25ml, which is more than you'd normally buy as a decant online and less than paying so much for a full bottle of the stuff.
    Anyway, PM for details.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I think C smells a little better, but not much. For the money, I'd definitely go with Tuscan Leather. I do agree with others about Puredistance M and Jeke being good options to check into as well.

i like both,

if price is not a factor, then i'll go with CC
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by Kal1973 View Post
    I am leaning towards Clive Christian C because of longevity?
    Interesting, to me, TL is a projection & longevity beast. I haven't tried the CC though.

Dzing! or Knize Ten - Dzing! is very realistic newly-tanned leather and Knize Ten ups the ante with amber and flowers.

I want to give Cuir Ottoman and Mona di Orio's Cuir another try: CO smells like some sort of exotic Turkish leather armour and the MdiO felt like being inside the tanning process itself.