Code of Conduct

Default What smell is what? Need some fragrance junkies too help !

Getting into my new hobby and I love it.but want to understand the notes better.for example, one of my favorite as of now fragrances is burberry touch.i get from it the smell of a wet yet clean basement and the smell when flipping through the pages of a brand new textbook.what are these? Is the basement smell "musk"? Thanks for your help anyone!

Default Re: What smell is what? Need some fragrance junkies too help !

I would say the violet and wood notes.

I would say it's mostly the wet violet leaf mixing with the tonka and musk. I'm not a musk fan, but it's pretty prominent throughout the life of Touch, and I enjoy it. But I think the note you are liking so much is the violet leaf.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

I don't know Touch well, so I cannot comment on it specifically, but the smells you describe are often produced by synthetic materials generally referred to as woody ambers (which are very different from regular materials called "amber"). These materials smell kind of woody, sharp, often have a bit of rubbing alcohol or the like. They tend to be quite persistent and are extensively used in masculine perfumery.

But, as said, this is just speculative. "Musk" is a very broad class of materials, so there might well be one that smells like that, but the smell profiles of musks is usually different. Typically musks are either clean, and smell like laundry detergents and softeners (which are perfumed with cheap musks), or very dirty, recalling skin, animals, and the like.

cacio