Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SOTD - Monday 22nd April 2013

Morning all!

Starting the week with Jacinthe et Rose by E.Coudray.

Have a great week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD - Monday 22nd April 2013

Hi all!

Louve by SL for a lazy monday :-))
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Folks,

Hope Monday is treating you kindly.
    Bois des Iles (EdT) today. Tonight I'm seeing Mozart's Magic Flute and will wear Habit Rouge.
    Best to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning

Started with Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche, got a very negative reaction from my beloved one , scrubbed it away and had the excuse to liberally spray on some Dyptique Vinaigre de Toilette to chase away every trace!

Have nice Monday!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy, Gandhajala! And Habit Rouge is a great choice for it.

Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude, easy and pretty for a Monday.

Wish you all a good start to the week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning !. Arquiste L'Etrog to usher in the working week.

(((cello)))

Ignis by Omar Sharif

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. Bottega Veneta
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon!

I'm wearing Cartier Baiser Volé to start a busy week with friends visiting from Hawai'i. They'll be staying for a month. Will probably have less time to go online...

Have a great week, everyone
    Do happy

Post Thanks / Like

Bonjour Mesdames!

.................................................. ....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Monday 22nd April 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! I've been battling the flood waters since Friday so unable to check in. Our warehouse went unscathed (after we put in a full weekend of moving materials up off the floor) but our store has 3' of water in the basement. Customers are calling non-stop with water in THEIR basements, so we can definitely empathize. It's going to be a hectic week, but it would have been much worse with 20,000SF of warehouse underwater as was originally forecast. We wound up cresting 2' lower than expected due to the rain on Friday missing us. That's truly a miracle, and we are so thankful.

I had a chance to catch up on all the SOTD threads this morning, and I have to say that's one of the most pleasant parts of my day. You all are just such a lovely bunch, and it's great to read. Jon, thanks for all the gorgeous pictures! Oh, and was that Evangeline posting the pictures of the beach? My parents have a condo in Destin and it just brings me right there. It's stunning with the zing of the blue water and the white sugar sand beaches. ExtremeK, I'm sorry the Peovine Rose didn't work for you, but I'm so intrigued by this one now that I'm going to order a sample. How kind of PerfumedLady to take it off your hands. Give me an excuse ... have you got some Ormonde Jayne Woman you can hate on, or perhaps some Mona di Orio? :P

Anyway, hugs to everyone all around for giving me a great start to my day.

Today I'm a scent twin with ladymurasaki. I'm sampling Cartier Baiser Volé and I really like this one.

Dior Addict
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Trying Dans Tes Bras today.

Take Care all.

queen of the universe
    Post Thanks / Like

Earth Day = Weil de Weil. Very, very, very green. Happy Monday to all.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Penhaligon Douro Eau de Portugal today
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone!

Back home now, back to ballet and back in '32 ...I actually missed this last week. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Good morning everyone! I've been battling the flood waters since Friday so unable to check in. Our warehouse went unscathed (after we put in a full weekend of moving materials up off the floor) but our store has 3' of water in the basement. Customers are calling non-stop with water in THEIR basements, so we can definitely empathize. It's going to be a hectic week, but it would have been much worse with 20,000SF of warehouse underwater as was originally forecast. We wound up cresting 2' lower than expected due to the rain on Friday missing us. That's truly a miracle, and we are so thankful.
    Oy ...thank goodness for those small miracles, huh? You sure have a lot to deal with this week - good luck with everything!

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Oh, and was that Evangeline posting the pictures of the beach? My parents have a condo in Destin and it just brings me right there. It's stunning with the zing of the blue water and the white sugar sand beaches.
    Yep - we're not too far from Destin. I figured that's where you were a little while ago when you mentioned Hové, but you must have mentioned the beach so I knew you weren't talking about New Orleans.

It sounds like you have yet another fantastic evening planned, gandhajala - have a great time!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Aqua Fahrenheit

House synching with Mrs. E today to start the week - Chanel 31 rue Cambon for me.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scent

Yesterday's costume national Homme

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Tdem & Mrs. E !

Banana Republic ~ M

Today I am wearing one of my newest creations "Root and Resin". It starts with an aldehydic green Galbanum and Litsea accord and moves into light Jasmine, Moroccan Rose and Gingergrass paired with Opoponax, Myrrh Morocco, and 3 types of Frankincense (Carteri, Serrata, Frereana) . The base is rooty Vetivers (Haitian and Indian), Labdanum, Nagarmotha and an Amber accord of my own design. I find it quite refreshing. Have a great day!
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanghai by Guerlain

I really soaked myself in this stuff, this morning. Gosh, I love it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

OOh Mike. Please tell.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Post Thanks / Like

Elizrj, it's good so see you, too! I'm glad that the flooding wasn't as bad as it could have been. Thank goodness for those small miracles.

Wooznib, Root and Resin sounds very nice!

Dr. G., enjoy your evening! It sounds lovely.

Yes, it is indeed lovely to see you all, and everyone smells so good in here.

I'm wearing one small spritz (which is plenty) of DK Gold edp this morning. It had been so long since I'd last worn it that I wanted to make sure I remembered what it smelled like. I'm hanging on to this one. I still love it.

Post Thanks / Like

G, I love Magic Flute -- it's one of my favorite operas. Enjoy

Elizrj, I'm so glad the flooding was relatively contained; I hope that's the last of it for this spring, but I worry about the snow melt elsewhere... I remember how awful it was here a couple of years ago. Then the drought came. Swinging from one extreme to the other has made living in the middle of the country quite the adventure, hasn't it? I'm laughing at your wish for Monas or Ormande Jaynes Just to set the record staight, though, *I* would have kept and enjoyed Pivoine Rose; the BF made it a no-go. I suspect you'll like it -- I much preferred it to the Penhaligon's Peoneve.

More hugs for ((((cello))) and anyone else who might need them. Hugs and kisses back at'cha, Quarry!

Steady rain here today, so we may end up with a good dousing. No real downpours, though, so that's good. Pairing violets again with the rain in YSL Paris. That combination just seems right to me somehow.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning all!

Sorry to read about the flooding, elizrj-- we rarely get water in the basement but it is always a major disruption, and a pile of work with the wet-vac, when it happens.

I've been watching the little drama on the osprey webcam (can't bump the thread on Off Topic, it only updates). The female from last year finally returned from her migration just a little while ago and promptly attacked the new female-- in the process they overturned the camera so it now points to the ground! Hopefully the caretaker will be along to right it. We all want to see the ospreys starting their 2013 family.

Sotd is once again a mixture of lavender-- an old bottle of Yardley English Lavender layered with a bit of lavender essential oil, diluted.

Post Thanks / Like

EK's rain will translate into 6 to 9 inches of snow here in the Wonderland. In my 16 years in the USA it is the longest (oddest?) winter we have ever had. And imagine they are promising 70s by the weekend. Un-freaking-believable! It will make whoever's speakers go Boom Boom!

Roberto Cavalli Oro. Off tomorrow, can't wait!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is miserable, Twolf! Winter was too long this year. But my husband finally ran the snow blower dry yesterday.
    And my roses have nice fat buds on them, and need to be pruned. Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, poor elizrj! I sympathize, had a flooded home basement myself. As did most of our city; this is what we get for living in a city built at the intersection of three rivers. You need not buy a Pivoine Rose sample, I'd be happy to send you one! Just PM me if interested!

I'm in Yardley Iris today. This little cheapie really holds its own, very nice.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Post Thanks / Like

Allergies are kicking up today, wearing just a little Kuumba Made Persian Garden.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    EK's rain will translate into 6 to 9 inches of snow here in the Wonderland. In my 16 years in the USA it is the longest (oddest?) winter we have ever had. And imagine they are promising 70s by the weekend.
    The opposite way round here - very mild for a few days, then back to winter temperatures and rain by Friday. Strange climate we have ......

Elizrj, sorry to hear about all the inconvenience you are having - best of luck with the clear-up.

SotE - Hermes Hiris.

Keeping watch on the ospreys too, 30R
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 22nd April 2013 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Jon Rodgers Where do you find all the stunning images that you post everyday? I enjoy and look forward to seeing all the lovely photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    EK's rain will translate into 6 to 9 inches of snow here in the Wonderland. In my 16 years in the USA it is the longest (oddest?) winter we have ever had. And imagine they are promising 70s by the weekend. Un-freaking-believable! It will make whoever's speakers go Boom Boom!

Roberto Cavalli Oro. Off tomorrow, can't wait!
    Twolf, I totally agree. I've lived in NE/KS/MO 39 out of my 43 years, and I have NEVER seen a winter/spring like this. As my yoga instructor said, it's the winter that won't end and the spring that won't start! Really, really strange.

I hope you can rest up tomorrow -- and catch some of that nice weather this weekend. Assuming it actually shows up.

Still sprinkling here.

Jon, you do consistently post the most ridiculously lovely photos.
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 22nd April 2013 at 06:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Evening all,

We had the most oppressively gloomy grey skies here today, & all of us at work were feeling strangely tired & headachey.

Wearing Bronze Goddess this evening, & dreaming of summer.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all -

I'm in Aromatics Elixir for the afternoon.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

SotA was Gucci Envy. SotE is vintage Revlon Jontue.

We've been having a cool snap here, too. We had to turn the heat on last night after running the AC for a few days because of the warmth and humidity. You never know what you're going to get here...hail, rain, tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, or just the most gorgeous spring day ever. We must expect the unexpected, always.

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY MONDAY!
    CREED Spring Flower and Fleurissimo

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible morning, late to work, forgot my computer, fender bender in the parking garage trying to get out to go home and get said computer, yikes feeling a little bit cursed, don't want to touch anyone for fear of passing it on!

I do smell good. Caron Tuberose from a sample.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor ((Robin))! The rest of today is bound to be better, right?

Warming things up a bit with Sonoma Scent Studio Rose Volupte. Plus tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. Livin' the dream, baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I also wore Hermes Hiris today...
    What I've Been Wearing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Terrible morning, late to work, forgot my computer, fender bender in the parking garage trying to get out to go home and get said computer, yikes feeling a little bit cursed, don't want to touch anyone for fear of passing it on!

I do smell good. Caron Tuberose from a sample.
    Robin, you are not alone. I have had two fender benders in parking lots here in Virginia, both times 100% my fault - I drive more like Mr. Magoo the older I get. I now park waaaay far away from other cars, practically into the next county because I no longer trust myself. I told B-belle that our next neighborhood will have to be walkable. I've had enough of cars. Look at the bright side: nobody was hurt, and statistically you're probably done, car incident wise, for a while. Hope you have a relaxing evening and count your blessings. xo Me, I find a good cry followed by a glass (or two) of wine helps me feel better.

Post Thanks / Like

Came home, tired again, it is still blowing outside, we have got about 4" of the white stuff.

Disturbingly, I smell of someone else's musk on the left arm, trying to figure out who I hugged or who hugged me.

Somehow I crave Frapin 1270 tonight. Since I do not have any left, it will be Tolu bath oil from cacio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Un Lys.
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wooznib View Post
    OOh Mike. Please tell.
    Almondy, transparent, a whiff of heliotrope and sort of a spun-sugary gourmand vibe, but lightly. Smells like a 'new' Guerlain but in the best way possible.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac