Code of Conduct

Default Taste of fragrance

Hey folks,

I am a fan of gourmands and own Pure Havane and Amen from the Thierry Mugler line. Would I be a fan of taste of fragrance? I'm thinking of blind buying it. Thoughts would be appreciated, thank you!

Nick

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Taste of fragrance

If you own and enjoy Pure Havane chances are you will like TOF. My very first spray made me think of a deep heat rub/liquorice. I dont get that so much anymore.

The chilli note is strongest in the beginning but soon breaks down to a soft choco/coffee smoothness with the chilli lingering in the background. Great fragrance, i have a backup.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the most unique out of the A*men line. It's extremely spicy.

I own and enjoy A*Men, Pure Havane, Pure Malt, Pure Leather, etc. But I really do not like Taste of Fragrance. My least favorite of the bunch.

Just imagine Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine baths in chilli soup while drinking some coffee. IMO its most wearable and masculine A*Men. I love it.
    Current TOP 5 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It's the most unique out of the A*men line. It's extremely spicy.
    Agree. I think the OP would like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm a fan of A*Men (original) and Pure Havane (and Pure Malt), but ToF isn't my style. I agree with silentrich, it is extremely spicy, and I actually think the spices veil the coffee in this one. Longevity is solid, the dry down reminds me of Pure Malt, and very unique overall. I give ToF a neutral vote.

It is nice, but i liked it less and less each time i wore it. Not worth a full bottle purchase in my opinion. Just my 2 cents

Unfortunately for you i gave away my decant of TOF, i would have gladly sent it your way!
    Last edited by axmaster45; 23rd April 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

to me it's really close to A*Men and farther from Pure Havane. Chilli Pepper is very prominent in the beginning but becomes relatively subtle in the dry down. I get something like berries in the middle which very faintly reminds me of Black XS for men.
    Longevity is pretty good but I don't know the sillage/projection as I've worn it just 2 times and didn't received any compliments or complaints!!!
    it's a 3 or 4 star scent to me, and I should mention that I bought it blindly!!! and don't regret it, however don't love it so that buy a backup bottle.
    I just like it...
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

I liked the one with chilli peppers - I thought more tastes were coming? I haven't checked

Post Thanks / Like

I think you would probably like it. To me, the dry down is the best part of TOF.

Consider this, though. Will you mind spending additional money on a fragrance that is SO much like two you already have? I have Pure Malt and Pure Havane and just couldn't justify a bottle of TOF, even though I do like it. For me, it's just not different enough to warrant the additional expense.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel Eau de Cologne, Batucada, Balle de Match) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...-L-Artisan-PdN

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Vetiver 1948, Selection Verte, Bois de Santal, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Chanel, L'Artisan, Parfums de Nicolai) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

CologneFan85

My least favorite out of them

Post Thanks / Like

To OP, I blind bought TOF and never regretted it.