Code of Conduct

Default SA tells me about 3 new Ouds by Tom Ford !?

Well our, oud and more oud. I was at Neman Marcus Scottsdale this weekend and when speaking to the SA, she mentioned that Tom Ford has a new trio of oud fragrances coming out, very soon. Though I always take what the SA'a with a grain of salt, she mostly spoke about the recent discontinuations. She did not believe Italian Cypress was one of them. She felt that Oud Wood might be on the chopping block and one of the fem, as well. I forget which one since two SAs were speaking to me at once. Take this for what you will, but she seemed fairly certain that the releases would come pretty soon. These oud releases have become tiresome, for me at least. But we can only hope for the best being the Tom Ford fan that I am.
    Last edited by Nersh; 23rd April 2013 at 05:31 PM.

You've oud to be kidding me.

Default Re: SA tells me about 3 new Ouds by Tom Ford !?

LOL, Tom Ford is so money minded hahaha, still a big fan of him! Well he was a pioneer in doing Western Oud based fragrances with his magnum opus M7. I HIGHLY doubt Oud Wood will be discontinued, its one of the top sellers in the private line, there is even a 100 ml version of it.

Personally wouldn't miss any of his heading for the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    LOL, Tom Ford is so money minded hahaha, still a big fan of him! Well he was a pioneer in doing Western Oud based fragrances with his magnum opus M7. I HIGHLY doubt Oud Wood will be discontinued, its one of the top sellers in the private line, there is even a 100 ml version of it.
    Yeah, I'm a big fan of Oud Wood. Glad I have 50ml of this from a split. Hopefully it's not going to be discontinued. Curious to see how his new ouds will be like. Oud is so played out, but Tom Ford does it well so I guess I don't mind.

I hope he stays away from the Rose & Oud combo as it's getting a bit tiresome with so many on the market. But he does make great fragrances when he is on top of his game so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Personally wouldn't miss any of his heading for the chopping block.
    I dont think you would mind it if the whole line went on the chopping block , I know your not a fan of Tom Ford fragrances.

Will look out for them. Curious to see how these will turn out.

Basenotes Plus

I like some of the private line fragrances. Just hope these three are better than the last set released.

Although I dislike most of the TF line, I REALLY like a handful of them. They're highly perfected fragrances, but this wouldn't surprise me as their oud -- as nice as it is -- doesn't compete with the rest of the oud craze that we're currently in the middle of. Theirs is a synthetic oud, so I'd assume that by bringing in a slightly more extensive line, they're opening the door for real oud, which is far less linear and perfectible. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Well our, oud and more oud. I was at Neman Marcus Scottsdale this weekend and when speaking to the SA, she mentioned that Tom Ford has a new trio of oud fragrances coming out, very soon. Though I always take what the SA'a with a grain of salt, she mostly spoke about the recent discontinuations. She did not believe Italian Cypress was one of them. She felt that Oud Wood might be on the chopping block and one of the fem, as well. I forget which one since two SAs were speaking to me at once. Take this for what you will, but she seemed fairly certain that the releases would come pretty soon. These oud releases have become tiresome, for me at least. But we can only hope for the best being the Tom Ford fan that I am.
    So, what were the discontinuations she mentioned other than Oud Wood? I really hope it's not more ouds. Enough of this already. At least maybe it will finally spell the end of the atrocity that was the Jadin Noir line.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I just spoke to their main customer service rep at the NYC store, and they said Oud wood was NOT being discontinued, as that fragrance along with Tobacco Vanille are top sellers. He did mention there are new fragrances in the pipeline for the private collection. He did not say if they were Oud based or not.

I gotta say that Tom Ford perfumes have quality to them! As for oud based releases, I'm sure people won't mind and won't even complain as long as the word "oud" is not in the title of the fragrance!

I just spoke to their main customer service rep at the NYC store, and they said Oud wood was NOT being discontinued, as that fragrance along with Tobacco Vanille are top sellers. He did mention there are new fragrances in the pipeline for the private collection. He did not say if they were Oud based or not.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up!
    Your welcome!

The more the merrier.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=hednic;2950482]Personally wouldn't miss any of his heading for the chopping block.[/QUO

But slap a French name on them and you would buy all of them blind right?
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Sales associates knowing what they're talking about?

When did this start?

I wouldn't be quick to believe this with out any actual proof besides word of mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    Sales associates knowing what they're talking about?

When did this start?

I wouldn't be quick to believe this with out any actual proof besides word of mouth.
    Tom Ford reps seem to be way smarter than usual SAs.
    Want to trade - Tom Ford Extreme for Windsor, Amber Absolute, Aventus x02....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

CHEAP CREED SPLITS
    Millesime Imperial, Original Santal, Green Irish Tweed
    Himalaya, Aventus, Tabarome
    plus Amouage Honour & Fate Man

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/393...92#post3296892

Basenotes Plus

...its one of the top sellers in the private line, there is even a 100 ml version of it.
    Hey, there's even a 250ml version of it, too (8.4oz) - easier to fill up the tub if you really want to bathe in it. :-)

I dont think you would mind it if the whole line went on the chopping block , I know your not a fan of Tom Ford fragrances.
    Have always loved Tom Ford clothes though!

I do hope Oud Wood stays. It's my favourite from the line. Although I do have 100ml of the stuff.

He does a good job most of the times. I love oud wood, Italian cypress , noir de noir and TF extreme. Tuscan leather is great too.

I can't imagine TF discontinuing Oud Wood. One of his best. I think it's superior to Kilian's Pure Oud for much less money.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    So, what were the discontinuations she mentioned other than Oud Wood? I really hope it's not more ouds. Enough of this already. At least maybe it will finally spell the end of the atrocity that was the Jadin Noir line.

It was one of the purple label that she suggested. They were both talking to my so I was distracted and didnt get the name. The reason the subject came up is because I was asking if they had the new MFK Mood line, which they did not. She said well TF was coming out with 3 new Ouds, as well, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    It was one of the purple label that she suggested. They were both talking to my so I was distracted and didnt get the name. The reason the subject came up is because I was asking if they had the new MFK Mood line, which they did not. She said well TF was coming out with 3 new Ouds, as well, soon.
    The only purple label Tom Ford I can think of is the dreaded Jardin Noir series. I won't miss those at all if they are indeed discontinued. They just recently came out too.

Love Tom Ford but enough with the oud already. Wasn't wild about the new Jardin Noir series, either (isn't Cafe Rose a rose oud?), and I thought the new Sahara Noir was oud-ish (though only smelled it briefly). Slow down, Tom!

Yeah, the purples are the Jardin Noirs. I'd heard rumblings a few months back that they were considering axing it. Apparently, they're selling TERRIBLY. I think Cafe Rose is the only one that's moving any meaningful amount of units.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

I just bought Cafe Rose last week. This means that I have to spend more money soon.