Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Good lord, I just tried a sample of A*men

When I sniffed Angel, I was just completely shocked. I had a "WTF this is a... perfume??" moment.

But for some reason, when I first smelled A*Men, I was just blown away. Also had a "never smelled anything like this before" vibe, but in a completely positive way. I just fell in love with it right away.

Now that I think about it, that seems really weird. I better revisit Angel.
    Also, that star bottle is so much better than the rubber flask too.

If you want strong... try wearing Angel. Smells better and it blew away the competition in my tests.

86 inches of projection!!!

http://fpindex.com/thierry-mugler-angel/
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real, unbiased data on fragrance potency! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPindex

Walked into the store planning to buy A*Men, walked out with Pure Havane. IMHO it's much easier to wear. Works for pretty much all four seasons, and is even workable for days whereas the original only seems right to me for fall/winter nights. I second everyone saying it's probably more up your alley. Who knows, it might indoctrinate you to a point where you feel comfortable with A*Men

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    One of my most hated frags
    +++
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Imo the tar note.is the best feature of this scent. On me it does not seem.to project.that much. It is going.strong.during the first hour or.so,.then becoming.a.skin.scent. Or maybe.it.is.olfactory fatigue from.the.initial.blast,.don't know...

I had pretty much similar sensations about this scents, as the ones described in the opening post of this thread. Be it its nearly atomic, huge projection or its rather overdone sweetness, I somehow never managed to like it. Granted, some notes taken apart may be interesting or even enjoyable to me, but I don't know whether their association/accord/combination and/or their outcome in terms of strength and excessively gourmand (at least, to my nose) make this scent rather unappealing to me.
    Currently wearing: Halston 1-12 by Halston

The problem is that you are sticking your nose right into it and sniffing over and over. Of course its going to give you a headache. AMen has probably sold tens of millions of bottles since it cam out and most of the people that buy it just spray it on and go about their day. If you just smell the sillage like other people around you then it is not very strong and a very enjoyable frag. That is why it is a best seller and girls seem to love it on guys.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

One of the most obnoxious fragrance I have smell. Literally gives me a headache.

I have bought it three times, the metal flask is beautiful. Yes it's very very strong one or two sprays are more than enough. I won't b buying it again because every single gay man wears this or le male and I find that so boring. There are so many other options out there. And to be honest the people that buy amen are not very tasteful. They wear too much of it to draw attention. I find it tacky to be honest even though it smells like hot chocolate on me after 2-3 hours. Some man was wearing it at ikea the other day and it smelled awful on him. The whole floor reeked of it.

I think what most of you might be smelling is chocolate by axe.
    I doubt Amen is that commonly worn.

It is strong, polarizing and not for everyone. I really like it though And in Denmark it is not widely available, so I have only smelled it on another person once

PS: If you like A*Men, try Angel I own and like both. Different enough to own, love and wear both.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i love angel and all the flankers besides pure shot. definate head turners and lasts all day!!

When sampling A*Men, remember to give it a good 2 hours to dry down and then it's highly acceptable. I will not leave my house until it's been on my skin for at least an hour.
    1) Chergui (Serge Lutens)
    2) Dior Homme Intense
    3) Aventus (Creed)
    4) Allure Homme Sport (Chanel)
    5) La Nuit De l'Homme (YSL)

I have never bought an axe product. Amen is very commonly worn here actually.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest I like the female version better even though they are both similar in the dry down. I like amen for sure it lasts for hours. I just don't like the way it's worn by some people.