Code of Conduct

Default Caramel by Demeter. Have you tried it? Help me out!

I've been looking for a fragrance that smells like only caramel for a loooong time. I just haven't found something yet that peeks my interest, until now.

I just recently discovered Caramel by Demeter. I haven't smelled it, but it's cheap enough for me to blind buy. But before I do that, I have to see what you basenoters think about it. Does it really smell like caramel? I've heard some say syrup... How long does it last? Projection?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Caramel by Demeter. Have you tried it? Help me out!

Mike. I haven't tried this one, but many of them are very realistic. However, they're only designed to last about 10-15 minutes (literally) -- that's their whole "scent as memory" gimmick. Some do stick around a little longer, but if you want a caramel smell, why not shop for a gourmand fragrance?

If you're looking for something that's a caramel solinote, then Demeter would be the way to go. But if a more complex, blended caramel is to your liking, you might look into the Bond No. 9 line as virtually everything they do is caramel. Or cake. Or cake with caramel on it. (Sadly, they'e about 30X the price of a Demeter).

If the appeal of Demeter is the price, take a look at Lush's Superworld Unknown which is about the same price and is supposed to be a sort of seaside gourmand (so its got cotton candy, seagulls, carny BO etc.). I'm personally not a fan of it, but then again, I'm not a fan of gourmand / caramel.
    Last edited by deadidol; 25th April 2013 at 05:04 AM.