Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: A simple, fast, cheap, and effective way, to PROTECT your old perfumes.

Good info, thank you for sharing.
    I have a food saver vacuum sealer. I use it with all my falcon/splash and with some of my more expensive/unique spray bottles.

Default Re: A simple, fast, cheap, and effective way, to PROTECT your old perfumes.

The only one I worry about is my bell jar of Chene. I have had it for over a year now. Only opened it once to decant 10ml. Hopefully the 65 ml remaining in the bell jar is still ok. I think I might just order an empty spray bottle for the remainder of the liquid.

I think I only have two other splash bottles but they have screw caps so I don't worry about them.

jason_newton

It may be simple but it certainly isn't cheap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4if1326g9...53.12.png?dl=0

I'm also using parafilm with many of my bottles. But I think a dark, dry (& cool) place is most important.
    I have some rare italian splash aftershaves & musks of the 70s and early 80s that are in rotation since years. I do not use Parafilm for most of them but normally they are kept in dark & cool climate if not in use and they're still smelling devine. At times when I'm wearing and using them I don't care too much, keep them in the bathroom, take them to gym and things like that. Same with my 100+ miniature collection.
    But there are months, even years when they rest dark and downstairs.
    Can't help but I think it's also a bit of a psychological thing: Some nice extra care for the babies. Nothing wrong with this. Time will tell.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    It may be simple but it certainly isn't cheap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4if1326g9...53.12.png?dl=0
    That's not a lot. Plus, that might be waaayyyyy more than you'll ever use in your lifetime if you're gonna use it for perfumes. Look for a smaller size, .
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

i have bought the parafilm also.

but i have a question: where do i buy the small caps in various diameters? what should i call them to search on google?

thanks for the tutorial.
    Currently wearing: Lost Cherry by Tom Ford

where do you find the small plastic caps?

the vintage bottles I have purchased with these caps have been very well preserved and want to do that to all my bottles. thanks
    Currently wearing: Innuendo by Roja Dove

Many thanks Andrè Moreau. good info for me

Thank you for taking the time to help us and learn something new. I can apply it on my perfumes. im excited!