Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: A simple, fast, cheap, and effective way, to PROTECT your old perfumes.

Good info, thank you for sharing.
    I have a food saver vacuum sealer. I use it with all my falcon/splash and with some of my more expensive/unique spray bottles.
    Currently wearing: Idole de Lubin by Lubin

Default Re: A simple, fast, cheap, and effective way, to PROTECT your old perfumes.

The only one I worry about is my bell jar of Chene. I have had it for over a year now. Only opened it once to decant 10ml. Hopefully the 65 ml remaining in the bell jar is still ok. I think I might just order an empty spray bottle for the remainder of the liquid.

I think I only have two other splash bottles but they have screw caps so I don't worry about them.

jason_newton

It may be simple but it certainly isn't cheap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4if1326g9...53.12.png?dl=0

I'm also using parafilm with many of my bottles. But I think a dark, dry (& cool) place is most important.
    I have some rare italian splash aftershaves & musks of the 70s and early 80s that are in rotation since years. I do not use Parafilm for most of them but normally they are kept in dark & cool climate if not in use and they're still smelling devine. At times when I'm wearing and using them I don't care too much, keep them in the bathroom, take them to gym and things like that. Same with my 100+ miniature collection.
    But there are months, even years when they rest dark and downstairs.
    Can't help but I think it's also a bit of a psychological thing: Some nice extra care for the babies. Nothing wrong with this. Time will tell.
    Currently wearing: Jules by Christian Dior

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jason_newton View Post
    It may be simple but it certainly isn't cheap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4if1326g9...53.12.png?dl=0
    That's not a lot. Plus, that might be waaayyyyy more than you'll ever use in your lifetime if you're gonna use it for perfumes. Look for a smaller size, .
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!
    Currently wearing: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne

i have bought the parafilm also.

but i have a question: where do i buy the small caps in various diameters? what should i call them to search on google?

thanks for the tutorial.

where do you find the small plastic caps?

the vintage bottles I have purchased with these caps have been very well preserved and want to do that to all my bottles. thanks
    Currently wearing: Innuendo by Roja Dove

Many thanks Andrč Moreau. good info for me

Thank you for taking the time to help us and learn something new. I can apply it on my perfumes. im excited!

Perhaps a silly question but I want to be 100% sure. Regarding light.... storing a fragrance in its cardboard box, the box the fragrance came in - that should be sufficient right? I don't -- for example -- have to store them in a dark cupboard if they are already stored in cardboard boxes (I keep mines in their boxes on a book shelf).

Quote Originally Posted by alfapet View Post
    Perhaps a silly question but I want to be 100% sure. Regarding light.... storing a fragrance in its cardboard box, the box the fragrance came in - that should be sufficient right? I don't -- for example -- have to store them in a dark cupboard if they are already stored in cardboard boxes (I keep mines in their boxes on a book shelf).
    You are good if they are in their boxes. A lot of people store their fragrances in their boxes on top of a bureau or whatever, so they can have them out in the open where they can be seen and admired, but protected from light. A trick I remember one person doing, was they actually cut off the bottom of the box, so that its super easy to get at the bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by greenjean View Post
    where do i buy the small caps in various diameters? what should i call them to search on google?
    Also wondering this.